What's new

2fst4u's sr20det spec S take 2!!!

Reaction score
Good you did some research, knowledge is a powerful tool...Spoony....that's what we call "Bush Mechanic" repairs...love it

Reaction score
Country
west auckland.....right thats it........ you give me crap for living in the waikato's sticks................. let me guess you have a old Holden burred under your 2m high lawn and a pit bull chained up in the front yard with Ewen Gilmour next door.......... do you have a mullet?

Ahh. Google knows all. After a small amount of research apparently rose joints wear out in rain, grit more quickly (hence need for dustboot) and since I'm not tracking this thing every weekend I'm after longevity. Honestly I think this is one of those word vs word things. They seem as good as each other overall. I am in West Auckland so maybe the alignment guys have only ever seen cheap rose jointed arms with no dustboot vs decent bushed ones.

Remember I'm fully willing to learn

Reaction score
Country
west auckland.....right thats it........ you give me crap for living in the waikato's sticks................. let me guess you have a old Holden burred under your 2m high lawn and a pit bull chained up in the front yard with Ewen Gilmour next door.......... do you have a mullet?
Haha I didn't build the airfield where it is. God I hate west Auckland

Reaction score
Country
nar just not reading enough............ i tend to skip to the end of threads.....

On a side point..... have you poked your arse out the rear door of the herc and mooned the tower on take off or landing?

Reaction score
Country
good to know people still get up to all kinds of mischief at the base, makes for some funny as hell unofficial DVDs

Reaction score
Country
Tiny update. I had a bit of condensation in the taillights because they have a weird gap along the top edge which funnels water directly into the housing (I wouldn't expect that from the worst of manufacturers). So I took them off, borrowed the missus' hairdryer and dried them out, then sealed it up with window sealant. I used the same sealant to delete my rear window wiper.

Looks a little bit teets but you can only see it with the boot open so I'm happy.

Rear camber arms are on. Bloody scarles sold me the wrong toe arms so they didn't fit (were for s13. My bad for not checking the label but his bad for giving them to me after I clearly asked for s15 arms). They'll get swapped but I don't need them in yet as the alignment was fine without them. I'll hold onto them and get them put in when I eventually get coilovers and lower it.

Next step, certification.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
NEW ZEALAND CERTIFICATION LAWS SUCK MASSIVE WANG.

So the rule goes like this (in my own words): if you carry out any modifications that lead to a 50% increase in power OR your turbo your car (me) OR you supercharge it, you need two driveshaft safety loops bolted to your chassis around the driveshaft.

EVEN THOUGH it's only an sr20det in a chassis that came with one from the factory, and from what I can tell the driveshaft between models is the same and has the same risk of snapping. Ridiculous. But at least that's all I need, engine mounts, suspension etc were all good. The cert guy said "if you'd called me a week ago I could have told you". I didn't have the balls to bring up the fact that I'd called him three times before and laid out the mods I had and need certified. Whatever.

In the meantime I got antsy and installed my rear strut brace I had lying around for a while.

Excuse the ugly speaker wiring. The massive black cable is in place for when I finally get a chance to relocate my battery.

Reaction score
Country
dive shaft hoops are easy enough, just use two pieces of flat bar like 4mm thick, just torch them then bend them to suit the tunnel, weld them together then just bolt them through into the floor.... they dont have to be fancy, i had to make some up for a A31 to get a cert

Reaction score
Country
I know they're not too intense it's just an annoying dick around. The fact that he said "if you'd called me last week" annoyed me

Reaction score
Country
WTF is this?! (On the wheelarch)

Did my car used to be an auto? Is that a dropdown resistor? Can I rip that mofo out? I've never really taken any notice of it until now

Reaction score
Country
Yea that's a piece of **** too. One step at a time. I've been thinking about a stock airbox but their snorkel is restrictive (so I've heard) and I'm not sure if it'll fit around the intercooler piping. Same with gruppe M if I can be bothered to shell out for it.

Edit: ooh the arc one looks promising

But seriously, can I take that thing out? I was sure it wasn't an auto-> manual conversion

Last edited: