What's new

Rough and Ready Spec S Project

Reaction score
Country
Had already posted a few pics in the introduction thread so decided i would post some up here. Picked this up in Japan the other morning. Rough and ready but came in on my budget (which was originally for a beater s13) so im happy enough with the outcome.

The car itself is being imported through Alan McCrory of DriftWizards. Honestly couldnt recommend the guy enough, easy to speak to, good contact and will always do his best. Check DriftWizards out on fb if you need any bits.

Im waiting for the final spec and some more pics from Alan which i should hopefully have soon.

Its not the prettiest now but it will get a full coat of brilliant blue once i get it home. I will focus on the bodywork and wheels first and can decide then if S Body ownership is for me.

Some pics and the auction sheet translation.

And the translation: -

Aftermarket alloy wheels
HID
Aftermarket exhaust and air filter.
Turbo timer. (I have no idea why)
Aftermarket gauges.
Sub computer.
Wheel has kerb rash.
Door mirror scratch.
Front window scratch.
Interior dirty.
Right front inner panel dent. (Jack point)
Radiator support bar dent.
Aftermarket suspension.
Trunk rear spoiler taken off mark.
Aftermarket front fenders.
Steering wheel faded.
Aftermarket head unit.

Now, the fact its mentioned turbo timer and gauges I'm honestly clutching at straws that its maybe had a DET engine fitted but there was too many other faults to end up listing it, it would be nice but all is not lost if it hasn't. Will just have to wait and see when Alan finds out himself.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
That will be a nice project for you man!

I take it you got a good deal with it being in that condition?

Im thinking of getting a spec S as a daily for the Mrs

Reaction score
Country
Wow that's very cheap I'd be well happy with it doesn't look too bad, abit of TLC and fresh paint and you'd never know. Have you got any pics of the engine bay?

Reaction score
Country
No unfortunately nothing like that yet. Should have some sent from Alan soon.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Ouch! I didn't pay a lot more for my SpecS, and that is mint. I think you got stung, sorry :/

Reaction score
Country
Thats lucky for you because between uk and ireland the cheapest spec s' I could find was 4k plus. I do my own body work so ill have it painted for a few hundred quid. So even its on the road for 3k its still cheap.

Reaction score
Country
Fair play then, that changes things, anyone else couldn't repaint a car for anywhere near £500 :p

Reaction score
Country
Well about 4 litres will have it painted at about £60 a litre including lacquer. So wont be far away to my budget. And on a personal project labour isnt really counted.

Reaction score
Country
looks good :) and fair play for doing the work yourself..

do you need to register to use the import site you used?!

i am looking around to import one asap as all the one's in uk are to expensive!! i found a few sites but not sure if i trust them..

Reaction score
Country
looks good :) and fair play for doing the work yourself..

do you need to register to use the import site you used?!

i am looking around to import one asap as all the one's in uk are to expensive!! i found a few sites but not sure if i trust them..

just too bad i apparently got stung........ lol

yeah you do mate, look up DriftWizards on facebook and they'll sort you with some details.

Reaction score
Country
nice one thanks buddy :) and it looks good to me, so dont worry want anyone else says as long as your happy

Reaction score
Country
I know a few people that paint cars for £500 tbh I think its a good deal dude would be awsome if its got a tubby under bonnet : )

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I think i've got a reasonable deal and Im happy to have a fresh import for that kinda money. Cant wait to get the boat booked and get her home. Bidding on some wheels in Japan too so hopefully a few more goodies to come home.

Reaction score
Country
A bargain for £2500 landed i'd say. Any interior shots?

I imported some parts via Alan and he was awesome, came highly recommended from a friend - and didn't disappoint.

Reaction score
Country
So, some of the pics I've received. Haven't the rest uploaded but not much more to show really. Hasn't got a DET but that was a long shot really. The sr20de seems to have an aftermarket plenum, no idea on brand or anything, it also has an apexi avc-r which is worth a good few quid and a 5zigen exhaust system which seems to be good money also. Have a standard spoiler sorted and a good fresh set of Spec R skirts being sent out to me today. Should hopefully have the boat organised soon.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah man there origin front wings apparently. will probably swap them out for standard wings to be honest. Im more a fan of standard body parts.

Reaction score
Country
Car will be shipped home at the end of the month. Some more pics from the boat yard.

Also, picked up some Spec R side skirts

And tidied up my store for parts collection to continue.