What's new

Black Spec-S L package project.

Reaction score
Country
Update.

NA = gone.

DET in

Some other stuff changed too but I'll keep it short and sweet.

Reaction score
Country
Wow not updated this in ages. It's been in daily use for a while now.

Aligned first day, rear geo was lol tastic.
Had problems getting the wheels refurbed, maybe because of the hollow spokes anyway it took ages and life sucked on the stock 15s. Got them back and AD08R on, traction still a massive problem.
Didn't get on with the BC coilovers, changed to Driftworks CS1, drives just like my old BMW on Monopros, happy days.
Diff installed, big improvement, still not great.
Apex/Hardrace bushed arm kit on, set to -1'15 and 0'20 toe in, way better.

This is where is stands now, still not happy with the steering response. Feels a bit soft and fidgets a lot when driving hard, changing the tension arms/bushes made no difference. Perhaps poly lower arm, rack and ARB bushes might tighten it up?

Reaction score
Country
Last night the clutch went funny, soggy, savage vibration and not releasing. Took it down to see superclarkey at Doritech and had it apart.

Don't think that should be like that...

Certainly not!

What was left of the pilot bushing..

So anyway this happened.

Along with a new pilot bushing, and dowels. All of this is because the dowels were missing, I dismissed it and fitted the gearbox without. This resulted in running the clutch out of line slightly and last night it all exploded.

The car also found a friend..

Rich at doritech did an amazing job and identified further issues that I would have missed and caused another clutch to prematurely fail. Would recommend him to anyone.

Reaction score
Country
Driftworks, they are about 265, 6sp ones might be a little different. One thing I will say though is that the claim of having stock feel is a lie, it's much harsher and heavier.