hang on.... I saw you in that shirt last week :p

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
ha ha......no... im waiting for retro boy to post some more to the epic that is this time line

Reaction score
Ok, so the car was going really well, I was happy with the conversion and the tune and thought I had the suspension sorted, but on a cold damp night disaster struck. A while before I had bought a second hand pair of REO1's to put on the rear, what I failed to note was the build date. They were 7 years old and over the next 18 months went hard. I came out of a link road and hit the gas peddle, only to have the backend skip out and put me into a 180 deg spin. I went sideways across the road and hit the kerb pretty hard. Both rear LCA's collapsed and the rear wheels hit the front of the wheel arches so it was undriveable. I called a towie mate and we flat bedded it to the local panel shop where it unfortunately stayed for the next 3 months. They had to drop the subframe out and replace the rear quarters. I also destroyed one of the CR Kai's so I decided to source a new set of wheels as it was going to take time to source another one from Japan in that size and offset. So I called my mate Eugene and he had a brand new set of Works VS TX 3 piece rims with gold centres in the right size and offset. I was also lucky in the insurance company was paying for 3 new tyres so I put on a set of Dunlop Sport Maxx all round. I was so happy to get it back after 3 months in the shop...

Reaction score
Country
everyone has a mate who hooks us up with stuff. you car took a bit of a pounding.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I think I'm the mate who hooks my mates up but never gets hooked up myself! Lol. That sounded like a nasty impact aussy! Did it crease both rear quarters on impact??

Reaction score
Pretty much the front part of the rear guards, when the LCA's collapsed the wheels smacked them...It's didn't look that bad for panel damage, more the rear arms and subframe

Reaction score
Ok, Ive been slack, lots going on..would you believe I still have the car and have made quite a few changes in the last 3 years...Now its 12 years of ownership...Ive decided to retire and move up the NSW Coast, and yes the S15 is coming with me...So here is how it looks these days, the list of mods is extensive, the handling and brakes are spot on..I have just recently relocated the oil filter to under the alternator for easy access and revalved the Bilstiens as I raised the spring rates to 8/6...And put a set of Yashio's rear lights on...Still gets track time...have moved onto Hankook Z221 semi's and have been very impressed compaired to the Bridgestone RE55S

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, there's a lot to be said for the standard aero kit. Such a fresh looking car

Reaction score
Thanks guys, always been a fan of the Aero kit, genuine fits so nicely...and I like the sleeper look, it doesn't draw the wrong attention...

Reaction score
Country
I thought i've owned mine for long enough, 10 years here! Should update the build thread with more details (i dont blame you but my build thread has been neglected too) :)

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, life has been busy, and I will go through the 2 page list of what Ive done....still retaining the stock look but can enjoy it on the track and street....

Last edited: