What's new

Parky's Pewter S15 Spec-R

Reaction score
Country
Thought I might as well get a thread started, I bought this a couple of weeks ago off another member, very happy with it so far. There are a few things that need sorting on it but nothing immediate.

It's not had much done performance wise but I'll most likely be upgrading as I go, no major plans yet.

Anyway the spec is:

Kakimoto cat-back
HKS Coilovers
HKS Intercooler
A'pexi cone filter
Work Emotion CR-Kai 17s front, 18s rear
Vertex body kit

-----

The car as I bought it.

One of the first things I looked at was new wheels, so did a bit of homework and with help from forum members decided to go for 3SDM 0.01, 18x8.5 f, 18x9.5 r.

A few pics of the trial fit, to see what work might need doing to get them to fit. The front arches are already rolled, the rears will need rolling and pulling.

Front tyres will be here this week, and I'll be using the rears from the CR-Kais as they still have life left in them.

I wanted rid of the spoiler, not to my taste, I was hoping for a boot lid swap with someone but decided just to get it smoothed, so I've had the holes welded up and filleted, and the whole boot lid resprayed.

The next jobs are get the locked diff off, and replace it with an LSD. Then once my other car is sold, get the rear arches rolled, pulled and get both sides resprayed.

I've ordered the D-Max clear/red LED rear lights, an engine torque damper, and I'm looking for a front strut brace as well.

Will update as it happens.

P

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Will the works be up for sale then bud? Car looks better without that spoiler in my opinion too, any long term plans for it or just to enjoy it for now?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah the works will be up for sale mate. Not sure how much to ask for them though.

And no massive plans at the moment, just tidy a few bits up and enjoy it, then see what happens.

Reaction score
Country
D-Max 50-50 rear light arrived from RHD Japan today, went to fit them and one of them is bloody broken due to the crap packaging. Brilliant.

Reaction score
Country
That sucks! I want rear 50 50 for mine too, your car is looking great!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reaction score
Country
Yeah no kidding, was gutted! I've emailed rhd to see if they can sort a replacement.

Reaction score
Country
Got the new wheels fitted today, 3SDM 0.01 18x8.5 ET15 front, 18x9.5 ET18 rear.

Reaction score
Country
They don't look far off at that mate, looks very similar to mine, not sure what to do with mine yet, arch pull or something a bit special.. Mitto style if you've seen what he did?

Reaction score
Country
Ollie yeah my rear arches will need a bit of a roll but reckon it will be fine without a pull, unless I lower it any more which I doubt I will tbh.

Slidewayz, yeah got an email back from rhd and they are going to send a replacement, they just need photos of the packaging to put a claim in with the courier.

Reaction score
Country
Proxes 4 up front, 205/40, proxes t1r rear, 225/40. Couldn't afford the top end tyres so they will have to do for now.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
rims look good :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
D-max rear lights on, right one is bodge fixed until the replacement arrives but it's still sealed so all good for the time being.

Bought a pair of reclining Recaro seats out of an Evo MR that should suit the interior perfectly, subframes to fit the S, and a couple of carbon interior bits, pics to follow when they're in.

Lai

Reaction score
Country
De-spoilered I like very much

And I'm starting to like the D-Max lights

Looking good pal :)

Sent from Lai-Phone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Spent 7 hours cleaning her up for a show'n'shine tomorrow, so took some pics after.

Recaros also fitted, and carbon centre console fascia. I reckon I'll be putting the oe seats back in. Don't like the recaros tbh. :no:

Reaction score
Country
Recaros look nice mate, what rails are they on? What don't you like about them? Has the gear stick been cut? It looks really short?! Car looks great!

Reaction score
Country
Cheers ollie, they're out of an Evo 9 MR' on Recaro rails. They just sit too high and they're not central. Might look into bride rails before I sell.

Reaction score
Country
Not central? As in closer to the centre console? I've heard that the recaro rails in the s bodies sit a bit high. I'm in the same scenario with my dc5 seats, but bride rails aren't cheap! Especially when I can't seem to find any in the uk so postage is the same as the cost of the rail lol. Don't wether to get some custom made. Also what's the little black box to the left of the CD player? Above the gauge.