What's new

Joe's S15 Spec R

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Good work buddy! Is a bit of. Pita job doing the turbo first time round as there is always a bolt that doesn't want to come off ha ha well done for persevering and getting it all sorted. This is going to be a quality set up man! Should make decent power too ;) did you replace the lock tabs ? Just ask as you didn't list them? Have heard a lot of people having issues with studs working loose etc hopefully the loctite will put an end to that!! Looking forward to seeing what she makes ! Pretty well sorted car now. The super pro rack bushes do make quite a big improvement too btw one of the first things I changed on my car

Reaction score
Country
Good work buddy! Is a bit of. Pita job doing the turbo first time round as there is always a bolt that doesn't want to come off ha ha well done for persevering and getting it all sorted. This is going to be a quality set up man! Should make decent power too ;) did you replace the lock tabs ? Just ask as you didn't list them? Have heard a lot of people having issues with studs working loose etc hopefully the loctite will put an end to that!! Looking forward to seeing what she makes ! Pretty well sorted car now. The super pro rack bushes do make quite a big improvement too btw one of the first things I changed on my car
Haha i know there was quite a bit of swearing going on! Tbh i completely forgot until i was halfway through mounting everything back on, the car was booked in for mapping just a few days after i had done the work so i didn't have time to order or fit the lock tabs. I used locking washers and loctite so hopefully they will stay tight, my next plan is to buy a down pipe with a flexipiece in it so the exhaust has a bit more flex and doesn't try and pull the turbo from the manifold. (thats what greg at pro tuner advised me to do anyway!)

Well she made a max of 368 BHP on the dyno which i was pretty pleased with :). Greg said cars with the same mods usually run a little higher hp but mine could do with a few little things doing to help it run better, like different plugs, replacing the standard breather pipes and running a separate relay for the fuel pump. Was a very long day though! got the car up there for 8am, dropped it off and drove to manchester for a funeral, got back to pro tuner around 5ish and greg didn't finish mapping it until about half 9 that evening! so i didn't get home tip around half one in the morning lol. One thing i will say though is he was very thorough and would recommend him to anyone with an SR motor, defo knew his stuff! The car feels pretty awesome to drive now though and pulls like a train in every gear :D

As for the rack i picked up an s14 rack from a friend which was already in a powder coated subframe with the super pro bushes. Tried undoing my subframe bolts on the weekend though and i just can't get them to budge with spanners and bars! Need an air gun i think so looks like its gunna have to visit the garage, which isn't too bad as they can do my tracking straight after. Just annoying that it won't be done for Japfest as the front end sounds like its going to fall off when i drive over anything bigger than a peanut haha.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Should be fine mate tbh if not easy enough to fit some when you change the downpipe 368 must feel pretty good still! Good to know he is so thorough with it, think he said he would want mine for a week iirc to do my ecu and map. That is a long day man, bet you enjoyed the drive home though :D
Ha ha why you been driving over peanuts :p yeah isn't a major job but a lot easier on ramps buddy!! Super pro bushes are top, gonna get full set for mine when I get round to my refurb . Look forward to seeing this at japfest ( so long as it's not raining. Ha ha)

Reaction score
Country
Should be fine mate tbh if not easy enough to fit some when you change the downpipe 368 must feel pretty good still! Good to know he is so thorough with it, think he said he would want mine for a week iirc to do my ecu and map. That is a long day man, bet you enjoyed the drive home though :D
Ha ha why you been driving over peanuts :p yeah isn't a major job but a lot easier on ramps buddy!! Super pro bushes are top, gonna get full set for mine when I get round to my refurb . Look forward to seeing this at japfest ( so long as it's not raining. Ha ha)
Yeh it does feel pretty good mate! And the drive home was just as boring as the car was on the trailer haha.

Got the rack in the week after japfest with the new bushes and........ there is still the same noise coming from the front end!!!! I know the rack bushes were knackered before so I'm not too bothered about having them replaced but i think we've now located the noise as coming form the front coil overs :(. Jacked the car up the other day and if someone shakes one wheel hard you can see the bottom of the strut move slightly with the wheel while the damper stays in the same place. They're only two and a half years old so didnt expect it to be them yet! Going to strip them off the car to make sure at the weekend but looks like drift works may have another finance customer pretty soon!

Reaction score
Country
Small update, fitted a new set of cs1's yesterday. The old mono pros had pitting on the dampers and were sticking badly, but after a year of replacing front end parts my knocking noise has finally gone! Car drives brilliantly now, need to get tracking done this weekend as its running quite a lot of front end camber (because i couldn't resist lowering it a bit more :ghey:)

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys appreciate it!

Not really an update but probably one of my last on this thread as I've decided I'm putting the car up for sale soon :(. I had a photoshoot last weekend with MD Photography, really pleased with how the pics tuned out, especially the rolling shots at the end!

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Country
Yeh they are 18's, Sizes are 18 x 10 + 38 rear, 18 x 9 +20 front to be precise! Not much dish on the front tbh but the rears have a fair bit, about as much as possible without hitting the arches

Reaction score
Country
Up for sale now in the 'cars for sale' section if anyone is interested