What's new

Joe's S15 Spec R

Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
No worries buddy! help where I can. My build is going next level now! Looking at fully forged with cosworth or tomei parts now and I just got a new job working restoring cars so expect the car to have a full transformation before the end of the year!!!
It should be pretty good fun !
Knowledge is power, always good to know as much as you can bud happy to be of some help :D

Reaction score
Country
Appreciate it mate! That will be insane :D, look forward to seeing it when its finished!

Reaction score
Country
hows your headlight looking now after you sanded it last year? asking as i have never sanded headlights but my drivers side is looking rather poo, has any of the oxidization come back or have they dulled at all?

Reaction score
Country
hows your headlight looking now after you sanded it last year? asking as i have never sanded headlights but my drivers side is looking rather poo, has any of the oxidization come back or have they dulled at all?
That was my first time too, to be honest the dullness has come back very slightly over the period of a year but they are still a lot clearer than before i sanded them. Il give them a polish when i get the car out of storage next month and see how they come up.

Reaction score
Country
This arrived in the week from turbo dynamics :D

[/URL][/IMG]

Braided hoses ready to fit too

[/URL][/IMG]

Should be ordering injectors this week too. Was going to take it back to the same place i had it mapped last year but a few people have recommended Greg at Protuner, so need to get hold of him and talk price/dates.

Also had a few bits sprayed for the engine bay which will hopefully look good :), same colour as the wheels, Ferrari Bronze.

[/URL][/IMG]

Brake Kit should also be here this week from Dbpower! Been an expensive month!

Reaction score
Country
should you replace the gasket on the cam cover when removing it for paint? also have you used a special paint to cope with the heat or just standard 2k paint?

Reaction score
Country
should you replace the gasket on the cam cover when removing it for paint? also have you used a special paint to cope with the heat or just standard 2k paint?
Im not sure if you should or not tbh but i haven't bothered. It's a really flexible rubber gasket and it looked fine when i removed it, went back on and sat perfectly.

As for the paint i had a friend powder coat it. He works for a wheel refurb company so everything was properly blasted, painted then baked in an oven.

Reaction score
Country
Im not sure if you should or not tbh but i haven't bothered. It's a really flexible rubber gasket and it looked fine when i removed it, went back on and sat perfectly.

As for the paint i had a friend powder coat it. He works for a wheel refurb company so everything was properly blasted, painted then baked in an oven.
rocker cover gaskets and spark plug gaskets are dirt cheap from places like RHD and them jap suppliers something like $20 for one and $15 for the other and thats in NZD so half it and thats GBP

Reaction score
Country
I used normal car paint on mine never had a problem and so long as gasket looks in good shape and cleaned up good should work provided u use sealer on the corners that raise up

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Good work Joe! Turbo look ace! Looking forward to seeing this gear all on! :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
This car looks amazing, a true inspiration! I'm selling my DC2 Teggie at the moment and will be saving up for an S15 (hopefully should be able to get one by Christmas this year).

Going to be ready for Japfest ?

Reaction score
Country
This car looks amazing, a true inspiration! I'm selling my DC2 Teggie at the moment and will be saving up for an S15 (hopefully should be able to get one by Christmas this year).

Going to be ready for Japfest ?
Thanks man :D. Sounds good, all the best with the search! Took me a year to find the one i wanted ha.

It should be ready mate, it will be disappointing if it isn't as I'm organising our club stand haha. The brake kit turned up yesterday so il add a few pics later on, also found somebody with a z32 afm near me so all thats left to buy is injectors, then the map which should happen at the beginning of April.

Are you planning on going this year or will the dc2 be gone by then?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice update buddy :D did you manage to get hold of Greg in the end?
Look forward to seeing your results , should be pretty awesome

Reaction score
Country
Thanks man :D. Sounds good, all the best with the search! Took me a year to find the one i wanted ha.

It should be ready mate, it will be disappointing if it isn't as I'm organising our club stand haha. The brake kit turned up yesterday so il add a few pics later on, also found somebody with a z32 arm near me so all thats left to buy is injectors, then the map which should happen at the beginning of April.

Are you planning on going this year or will the dc2 be gone by then?
DC2 is getting picked up within 2 weeks so deffinately not going with that. I might tag along with a mate or something just to come and drool over some S-bodies :p And really ? Jesus I hope I don't have to wait a year for mine! There are a few I've got my eye on that are for sale on this forum so we will see when the time comes. What brake kit is that by the way ?

Reaction score
Country
Nice update buddy :D did you manage to get hold of Greg in the end?
Look forward to seeing your results , should be pretty awesome
Yeh i did thanks mate, he emailed me back with a price in the week. Need to start getting bits on now as i want to try and get the map sorted in a month or so :).
Also may need to sort out getting the car trailered up to pro tuner as its nearly a two hour drive from where i live, not sure whether il damage anything driving all that way on the new turbo, injectors etc before its been mapped...

Me too! Haven't driven the car for 3/4 months so cant wait to get it back on the road!!!

Reaction score
Country
Should have upgraded the brakes a long time ago but looking forward to getting these on!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Going to make myself a BMC stopper at some point too as i have some angled steel lying about in the shed and they don't look that complicated to make. The cars coming back home from storage next week so will hopefully be able to get work started on her as long as the rain holds off for a change!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice one mate! Trailered is prob a good idea, could get away with it but it's not really worth the risk.
Nice brakes :D really is gonna be a nice spec when it's done buddy, just fitted a bmc stopper on mine and it really does make a big difference under heavy braking , well worth doing !

Reaction score
Country
Time for an update.

Since i put the brakes on a couple of months back i have covered around 1000 miles on them and they feel pretty good! Still haven't really driven hard with them yet but they feel so much nicer than the standard setup. I also fitted a BMC at the same time so not really sure if this improved the braking or not, hoping to book a track day somewhen soon so will find out then!

Ive had a knocking on the front end for ages and found that one of my tie rod ends had some play in. Replaced them with Some Tein tie rods and ends, along with new boots and front and rear drop links.

[/URL][/IMG]

This did firm up the front end nicely but annoyingly there is still a loud knocking coming from the front end of the car. After putting it up on a ramp we found the steering rack has play in it and the steering rack bushes are knackered! Ive ordered a rack from an S14 this evening and some super pro bushes from drift works so hopefully this will solve the problem!

Since the turbo arrived a few months back i have collected a few more parts to push the bhp up, took a few days off work this week to fit all the goodies below!

[/URL][/IMG]

Started by fitting the Nismo 740's, wasn't to hard as the ones i bought were already in a rail

[/URL][/IMG]

Put it all back together and it started up and ran perfectly so got to work on removing the buggered turbo!

This is my massive workshop by the way haha, but at least its dry so i won't complain

[/URL][/IMG]

Took me quite a long time to get the turbo and manifold out as I've never really done anything as big as this before, plus there was one b*****d of a bolt holding the turbo to the elbow which took me about 2 hours to undo! (Partly because it was soooo tight and partly because somebody has stolen my 13mm ratchet spanner).

Got it all out in the end though!

[/URL][/IMG]

After removing the turbo i found that 2 out of the four studs holding the manifold to the turbo were loose and one wasn't even there anymore :|, must have just vibrated out over time i guess! There was only about half of the gasket left in there too so don't know how i didn't hear it blowing!

Felt the shaft in the old turbo and there was quite a bit of play which i knew already, plus one of the water lines had been leaking for ages so was good to get all the old stuff off.

New and Old

[/URL][/IMG]

Fitted the new DW lines and put the turbo and manifold back together. Used new studs and nuts and all new Nissan turbo gaskets, also used loctite on everything so hopefully won't have the problem of it coming loose again.

[/URL][/IMG]

The turbo went back in and the car started up fine again with no leaks or warning lights :)

The Had somebody make up a recirc fitting for the Hks Bov because I'm too tight to pay £30 for one online!

[/URL][/IMG]

Fitted the new cold intake pipe from Apex performance to replace the stock rubber one, also to fit onto the New Z32 AFM. I bought a Tomei plug to make wiring in the New Maf easier but didn't realise the wiring diagram would all be in japanese.... So with a few dodgy online pictures and a bit of guesswork i managed to wire it up myself. Haven't had any warning lights and the car runs fine so must have done it right!

[/URL][/IMG]

Also did a full service on the car with oil, filters, plugs and coolant so now she's just waiting to be mapped!

[/URL][/IMG]

Took the front bumper off this evening to get it on the trailer and this is how the car currently sits, with my alarm set for 5.00 am for the trip up to Protuner :). Will see what she makes tomorrow!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]