Yakozan's JDM Spec-R

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The battery is missing as I will move it to the trunk later on when my friend have time to help me.
Also the ignition thingie cover has been removed. I was going to paint it but haven't got to it yet.

Is there anything else missing?

The biggest difference between S15 intercooler piping kit is the material (mine is aluminium) and where the hot-pipe runs. Some kit runs it down the stock hole. Mine goes through the stock cold pipe hole which should be slightly worse then the other alternative as this runs pretty close to the air-filter.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Those were the items i was refering to :)

Not so good about your hot pipe being that close to your pod :( All the air will be running past it to get to your filter, time for a custom air feed me thinks :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah, I've always though that about that design. The Apex ones follow the route of the hotpipe. This has the benefit of being away from the filter and allows you to pipe additional air from the bumper up through the cold air hole. :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'll try it for a year and see if a want to replace it later.

If a replace it I will most likely get a Blitz or a Greddy one :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
There we go :) gauges are finally connected. I'm currently having the battery moved to the boot so no power yet though.
But I've connected the batteri with jump-cables just to look if they worked, and they did.
I'm getting a new digi-cam soon. I'll update with pictures then :)

Mounted the new stereo to.
So now there is a big nice hole in the centre console which I need to fill up.
Don't know what to put there yet But I think the Speed meter will have to go there

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I was looking into relocating (the race battery is just not up to it in the winter), right up till I realised that the standard battery will fit if truned 90 degrees and the cable extended. Guess which I'm doing?

M

Meddy

If you bought a Greddy FMIC it comes with cable extensions. :p

The standard battery wouldnt fit though even when span. Ive got a battery which I think is sized for a Micra. Never a problem starting the car and it doesnt struggle if stood for a few weeks. Ive never understood everyone on SXOC moving batteries and buying Red Tops, which are frankly a silly price and not really designed for constant charging and discharging.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
How much is a GReddy FMIC compared to the Apex one? Think I'd rather save the ?300 and buy a couple of extensions for ?20.... :p :D

You're dead right about the SXOC obsession though. I only got the Redtop because I didn't think about utilising the empty space better. :nod:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I friend of mine is a car audio installer and has done the battery relocation thing before on other cars. I got good prices on the necessary equipment from him to.

So I thought it would be a good and pretty cheap mod to do :)

Running the cables seemed to be fairly easy when he did it.
Didnt have to remove the front seats or anything, but the rear-seat had to be loosened.

Will buy a battery box this weekend and start to think about where to put it in the trunk.

Hopefully I'll have a new camera by then so I can take great pics :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I like the idea of moving the battery to the rear, alot of Rx7 owners do it. I think i would of done this had i been in your shoes :thumbs:, as it is i have a smaller "race" style battery

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've finally done it. Got myself one of these :D

So now you will see the first crappy pics from a decent camera ;)
I've been removing my exhaust to fit the turbo elbow and de-cat and the bolts to the cat was so rusted to feck I had to use a grinder on them :(
Now it's only the turbo elbow left. The hardest part of them all :cry:

Here are some pics with a better then "Yakozan-average" quality :D

A pic of the interior.

My exhaust. Frontpipe was removed afterthe pic was taken, and the turbo elbow is next :)

Nismo :D

My friends Pulsar GTI-R getting ready for a FMIC.

My precious engine bay :)

Mmmmm. Space :p

Off-road S15 :ghey:

D

Derek

I really like the look of your garage. Is it underground? I'm in the process of building a garage for my s15. Plaster walls and concrete floor and a roller door and i'll be ready. do'h

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
It's under ground. We repainted it last year before we moved in. Choosed the wrong kind of color for the floor though. This color seems to attract mud and stuff so it isn't very nice anymore :(

Just back from the garage after helping my friend with his FMIC and fitting my turbo-elbow :)
It was easier than I thought. Just one bolt on the top close to the engine which was a real b*tch to get off and refit.
Impossible to tighten with the new thicker elbow. I hope it doesn't leak :cry:

Good news is that the O2 sensor did fit on the new elbow. I just had to remove the nut from the stock elbow with the O2 sensor :thumbs:
That was kinda hard to as it's very low and I couldn't get a good grip on it. But with some hammering and a wrench it eventually came off.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Started the car for the first time in 6 months today. What a feeling. Really miss the S15 now. Just waiting for the damn snow to clear and then I'll take it out :D

It ran fine. No leaks in the exhaust. The digital speed meter doesn't work anymore after fiddling with the stereo. But I'll look into it.

And here are some pics of the last weeks garage-events :)

Interior with lights on.

Ready and waiting for warmer weather :)

GReddy oil filter relocation kit :)
Wasn't the easiest part to fit.

GReddy style oil catch tank finally fitted

Turbo elbow.

Jawohl. It's zee Volkswagen :cool:

My friends GTI-R with a new front mount :D

My temporary battery box. Will manufacture or buy something nicer later on. But this will do in the meantime.

L

Lee75

Looking good Yakozan :thumbs: looks like you've been busy, i'll have to look at your pics to keep me going till i get mine :D