Yakozan's JDM Spec-R

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You'll find that the pedal bite will become very sharp after removing the clutch damper and adding the braided line.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Not sure I'll fit the braided line. Why mess with something that works :)

The biggest difference vs stock clutch is that the biting point is smaller. You have less pedaltravel to play with. Takes some getting used to, but I haven't stalled the car.....yet.
oh and the fact that it will take up to 400hp also differs from stock :D

I can recommend this clutch though. Cheaper than Nismo and very quiet and user friendly.

Changing the clutch seemed to be a real bitch though. There was alot of swearing from my friends when they removed and fitted the box and they said that it was harder than doing the same work on an S14 or Skyline GTR. Lets just say that the box is a very tight fit :)
They had to drop the engine down a bit in the rear to be able to get the box out.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Not much going on. Sold the Nismo master cylinder as the clutch pedal is very easy to use as it is.

Got some new photos which I took outside my apartment.

Daily driver (actually not as it doesn't have AC), the new toy and the S15

RX-7 and S15

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Some new pics.

Nothing is being done to the car and I'll put it up for sale soon as I'm going to study at an university.

Don't expect to sell it until spring, but I've put it away for the winter which is some months away though. But having three cars on the road is pretty expensive lol.

P

Pazz

Those TE37's in that fitment look like they fill the front arches really well. Can I have those wheels? :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Not much happening here. But I'm pretty pleased how the car runs now :)
Was out today and took out the RX7 for the first spin this year and quickly established that the clutch is slipping, pretty strange as it didn't slip at all when I put it away last fall. :(
I'll probobly get an Exedy for it as their cheap :)

After that I took the S15 out for its first drive since october. Been driving my 90hp monster since then. There is a tiny power difference between the two ;)

Great fun and a great day all in all except the clutch bit.
Only boosted .7 Bar but after driving the Golf all winter the S15 feels like it's 123409872398hp strong :rotfl: No problems painting two black stripes on the pavement with WOT in second gear :D