Yakozan's JDM Spec-R

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Finally som pics. It was some while afo I updated with new pics. But here it comes.

My new lovely Aero front bumper in pearl white.

And the Aero side-skirts.

Oil-cooler. Still waiting for the thermo.

Here is the filter relocator.

random pic

Now to the strange part.
I was tempted to trial fit the aero-front with the IC on, so I did.
Bolted straight up. I haven't cut anything on it and it's almost perfect fit with the IC on and with the fog-lights.
The IC-piping was hitting the fogs a tiny bit. But after lowering the IC about 1cm it was OK. So I'm very happy as I was expecting to cutting alot of the front away.

I also changed diff-oil. But I'll save those pics for a small guide if there isn't one already in the useful threads.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Lol, alot of people seems to want my new bumper :p

I've got a way for you guys to get an aero front and at the same time make some money.

Just import an S15 with aero front, then change your front with the aero one and sell the new S15. :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
damn, I was hoping I could get away with it :)
The cooler is bolted to the chassi. But because I didn't want to use 1 dm long bolts, I had to fit mounting plates which i had to put spacers on to be able to fit them to the cooler. The cable ties are there so that the cooler wont hit the radiator.

Cheap fix, but it works :cool:
Might replace it with something better looking like steel plates, but I don't see a need to do it.

Long live the art of bodgery :wack:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yepp, might change the blue zip ties for black ones. My black zip-ties was out of stock for the moment :)

Also heard from Driftworks today. They're hoping to get delivery of the thermostats tomorrow. I ordered a sump-plug adapter to fit my gauge sender to from them while I was at it.

On thursday I'll get some very expensive bling bling fittings for the oil cooler and the catch tank.

I will also get some Motul 300V power 5W40 engine oil from Airtune.
i just love the Motul packaging. aluminium cans, very bling :cool:

So when all these bits have landed i just have to MOT the car, pay insurance and it should be ready for the streets :)

J

Jordan

Looking nice mate... will be good to see it with the skirts on as well and when its all sprayed up

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Can't wait to put all the lovely bits on :)
I'll spend the whole friday in the garage.

With new oil I can fill the cooler and finally connect the last hose there.
After that I can start to assemble the front.

Just remembered that I don't have an EBC anymore.
Will have to do something about that. I don't have the money right now to buy the HKS unit which I really want. So might plug in the stock solenoid or run with actuator boost.
Or I could buy the Blitz Dual SBC Spec-S or Greddy Profec II EBCs and temporarily fit. I think I might be able to shift them for the same price when I can afford the HKS one.

Just need to get rid of that Skyline and a new EBC will be ordered along with a greddy boost gauge for the a-pillar.
that should be it for this year. After all that is fitted I can concentrate on driving the little bugger. :D

Untill next winter that is ;)

I'm hoping that the car will be on the road sometimes next week.
I've been invited to Norway by "harald200" on the 14th to look at the Drift-Battle qualifying in Rudskogen.
I don't think I'll make the trip unless the S15 is ready though :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
haha even my crappy civic has aircon lol:rotfl:
no AC, no central lock, no electric windows...
But I still love it............ NOT!!

When I get rich, I'll replace it with a R34 2.0L coupe :) should get about the same mileage (maybe even better) but with a newer and much much nicer car :)

Yeah, but its a VW. The steering wheel was probably an option... :p
Lol. Much like alot of German cars today. My dad looked at a brand new BMW 530 a couple of years ago when the E60 was new. base price was pretty good. But with base price you get an empty shell.
After the necesary bits had been added, the price had doubled.
he bought a Mazda6 (Atenza) 2.3 sport instead :) almost everything included in the base price :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
New bits home.
Took the day off and went shopping :)

Mmmm, fittings.

Fuseholder, fuse and some other stuff for the battery in the rear.

New oil. The 300V 5W40 wasn't in stock. But this is supposed to be good too. And for street driving the 300V is abit overkill.

I sold my Blitz EBC a couple of months ago.
But now I have a new one. This time it's HKS :)
Just ordered from perfectrun.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Mocal thermo fitted along with all the remaining hoses for the oil cooler kit :)
Had to reroute the hoses from the cooler to be able to fit the thermo.

Also installed my new MP3 stereo. Cheapest Sony I could find. Just need something for those long trips :)

Car is going to Swedish MOT on saturday.
Before that I gotto fit the fuse to the battery, the newly painted front bumper which I will pick up tomorrow and look at all the boost and oil lines to make sure I don't forget anything.
A wash and polish is also planned.

The car has been sleeping since october so i can't wait to take it out for a spin :)

If everything goes well with the MOT, I'll look into fitting the rear camber arms and oil catch tank.
My HKS EVC will probobly arrive sometime next week too.

edit: and offcourse I forgot the camera at home :(