What's new

LeespecR's project perfect.

Reaction score
Country
Hi all,

im pretty new to the forum,names lee :)

i was very lucky to buy Darren's s15,in fact was lucky I came on when I did and see it for sale.its pretty perfect as is but I'm hoping to better it.

so as the car stands most of you know the car and spec.i can't upload any pictures yet as I'm at work an on my phone lol.

So what are my plans..well keep it clean,don't drive it in the rain (ever if I can lol).first off I've been thinking and I'm going to buy a few small ish bits.well the list is fairly big lmao.

So engine

nismo oil filer cap
nismo radiator cap
having a few of the black plastics painted.im Gona stick to the colour theme but these will go gloss
black
maybe fit a GT2871r if that's the better turbo out the lot.this is a maybe!
Taking the inlet off to be powder coated.

body

Rear 50/50 llights

Brakes

fit the skyline Gtst rear brakes and hand brake set up I need to for them (will need help with this lol,haven't a clue where to start).

Then in inside

aimg for some bride seats
decent steering wheel maybe.

suspension

looking to have all the ikeya bits powder coated orange along with anything else I can get done.

so a few plans! Will take a while to have the bits done as its a toy and I'm not made of money lol but I will work through and hopefully make the car even better.darren has done a fantastic job on the car already so I'm being very funny with what I do to it.

If anyone wants to stick a few recent pics up of the car(if you can) I don't mind :).

cheers

lee

Reaction score
Country
some nice plans there lee ;). would be a crime to paint the ikea arms though. please please leave them gold ;), the rest of the plans sound spot on though. was going to suggest to you the other night about some 50/50 lights or even solid red ones.

no worrys andy will do. ;)

Reaction score
Country
I can't wwait for the summer!!

i may just clean them up as there not even dirty..get the rest of the bits powder coated :).

Gona start with buying the lights,oil cap and rad car in the next week or so still feeling the purchase of the car lol
lol

lee

Reaction score
Country
Update bits I've ordered

chrome plug cover with sr20 Ingraved
engine damper
nismo oil cap

next up is rear lights.

pics to follow :).

took the car up ace cafe last night got loads of attention which was nice :)

lee

Reaction score
Country
So finally time to add some pic!

way home

once I got it home on the drive a happy man!

went more or less straight round a friends to show him as he has an sbodie a proper jdm 180sx!

later that night we wanted to get some pics but forgot the camer :/..so these are all off a phone..

just loading more up..sorry if there too big I cant seem to make them smaller...

Reaction score
Country
few days went buy and thought I best give her a clean and some protection on the paint.

my dad in the back ground with a take off cloth haha.

the bits I brought...

the spark plug cover wont fit and the company I got it off are taking there time and I don't know whats ona happen.gutted as it cost me 100 quid!

bits fitted these are not great pics as it was dark!

more to come...

Reaction score
Country
took it to some Essex meet at ace,got a good reaction..but mainly what car is this?a supra or skyline lmao.!

few days ago I gave it a clean as well as my daily...

next up is rear lights and a gt28,uprated gearbox mount and diff mount bushes.

cheers for looking..comments welcome!

lee

Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate,pics are poo but there all off my iPhone.

will do a proper shoot soon and get some good ones up..Gona do loads to the car so watch this space :)!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha everyone always thinks its a skyline! God know how many times I have told the chaps at work what it is, they still call it a skyline ha ha ha
Lovely motor mate! Look forward to seeing the little touches you add to it ;)

Reaction score
Country
I've been pulled twice by the police just so they can ask what it is..it's quite funny that no one has a clue what it is lol.

if all goes to plan I could possibly order the turbo next month and the gaskets and then fit it.then it's who do I take it to so they can map it.

i used to use indigo GT with my Evo 9 GT,there in Wales and very helpful and trust worthy guys they did all the work on the evo plus mapped it twice and the car ran awesome.even did 340 miles to a tank when driven on the motorway! So I may go there...it's been mapped by Fc tuning so far and it seems ok but runs rich still I can smell it and is also quite heavy on fuel when I've used it.its not an issue as I didn't buy it to worry how much fuel goes in it but I think indigo maybe able to map the car better maybe? What's all your thoughts...

also anyone know where the best place to buy a new gt2871r with a .64 housing?

cheers

lee

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Glad to see you are enjoying the car and adding to an already good set up.
As for mapping I have been looking at getting mine mapped. FC tuning seem to be a mixed bag, good rep on here but not on the sxoc. I was looking at Martin at MB automotive reports about him seem to be good but he dose tell it straight and dose not mince is words which upsets people. Jez at h-dev is another good option as well as gary at APT tuning in Norwich. (I just need to get some money together again and make up my mind! lol)
But if you are happy with indigo GT then I see no reason not to use them, just make sure they have mapped the type of ECU you are running before you book with them.

good luck:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Greg at pro tuner mate 10000000%
Will be where I take mine when it's done, my mechanic drifts for team falken and has told me is the only place he would take his car (g35 with 2jz ) so is where I am going .
As for buying the turbo I think Owen developments were doing good deals on them, not 100% though just have a little scan around something will pop up

Reaction score
Country
I spoke with ant and he said he can map the car just needs the cable which he can get easy so he can do it.

i spoke with Darren about Steve @ Fctuning about that..he rated him which makes me wana use him as Darren is fussy like me i mean look at the car..he has OCD like me lol!

just not sure what to buy next..

carbon abs heat shield.
50/50 normal or smoked 50/50 rear lights.
Pro bolt nut/bolt kit for the engine bay.
Some more suspension mods.

turbo is next month just debating is I should go hks GT-RS and save a bit a bit longer.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have personally heard more bad than good about Steve but that was more on sxoc , the guys that use him on here seemed happy with him. Only reason I mentioned Greg at protuner is I have never heard anything bad about him, everyone I spoke to said he is the only guy they would let near their car, and some of the cars I am talking about are worth serious cash.
50/50 Ftw dude! Makes a massive difference to the look of the car!!!!! Makes it look so much more modern, gtrs you can't go wrong with too alot of people rate is as the perfect turbo for the sr20

Reaction score
Country
Ahh ok,well looks like I'm Gona go for the hks turbo so I may aswell save for a while longer and get one..I would love a hks as it makes the car more unique if you seem what I mean :).

50/50 lights I couldn't agree more! The stocks I have to say is the only thing on the car I'm not a fan of.

looks like the carbon heat shield and 50/50 lights are next :)!

Lee :D

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I've used Steve in the past and he is a good guy, and he really brought my car to life when he mapped it. I've since had it re-done by Jez at Horsham Dev due to vacum problems I had so the map required a tweak. I've spoken to Greg at ProTuner a few times and he has help me with a few questions I've had in the past. I've got the Power FC as well :)

All decent mappers, so go with who you feel comfortable with :)

Reaction score
Country
Also a little advise here is needed. I've been reading up on turbo's and the 3 I've decided to choose from are.

HKS GT-RS
GARRETT GT2871R .64 housing.
TRUST T518z with the 10cm as I'm buying cams with this Gona go for tomei poncam cams and do the 1.2mm metal head gasket.valve springs I'm Gona leave as I'm not revving it any higher.

Im swaying towards the trust.....

i know the gear box will be at its limit but I don't rag gear boxes so I'm hoping for around 370-380.clutch will be fine I think as it feels strong but will be changed at a later date.

any views on this?

Reaction score
Country
Car looks mint mate! Was good to see how clean it actually is under the hood at Japfest! (P.s i was parked next to you if your unsure of who i am :p)