What's new

LeespecR's project perfect.

Reaction score
Country
Nice to meet you mate! I love your s15!

looks stunning with the wheels and no spoiler!

will be coming to some more shows and stuff with the club..cars needs a few bits doing now.

service (oil/filter)
The ikeya front arms are moving back and forth can feel it under braking..also there creaking so I take it they need new bushes?

any one know if I can push the old ones out and fit power flex bushes?

i wana fit a new turbo,when cash flow allows..running two cars isn't easy lol!

the s15 is all tucked up ATM,under a car cover.

Reaction score
Country
looking clean lee (expect nothing less from you though). you going japshow at the end of the month mate?

regarding the front arms. could be wrong but are they not rose jointed not bushed???

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Nash :),loved the ride in your car!!!

i want a top mount turbo so bad!

erm I'm not sure,they are ikeya formula front arms..they never made these noises when I first brought the car so I'm guessing they may not? Plus there's a fair bit of movement when I brake you can see the wheel moving back in the arch which isn't good lol....

i don't think I will make that show cars tucked away ATM,want to service the car before I use it again and I've had so much to pay out (like my golf cam going,so new cam,cambelt,water pump..then tyres and tax and mot all in 3 weeks!!) I've not had much spare cash..

But the car will be back out soon..I'm yet to look at these lower arms,need to jack it up and have a mooch.

Reaction score
Country
The Ikeya Formula arms will be rose jointed and joints do fail if they are not maintained, Ikeya however extremely high quality so I would look at other things also like suspension top mount.

Cracking looking car btw always loved this S15 :)

Reaction score
Country
They were fine and then I started to brake one day and could feel the front wheels moving through the steering wheel..then when I was local on an empty bit of road with shop windows so i braked and you can see them moving...also got my dad to walk next to the car and he even said there's a fair amount of movement so I need to have a look..

may just get some drift works ones in orange and fit them...I cant stand the clonking and creaking they are doing.will replace the rear bits too as there's a few knocks that are doing my head in lol.

i love the car and have loads of plans for it,things haven't gone my way for a few months so money has been spent else where but I'll get there with the car.its tucked away for now though.

Reaction score
Country
Best thing to do is jack it up and give the wheels a good pull and shake and see if there is any play.

It could honestly be anything, could be tension rods, steering rack ends, lower control arm joints, suspension top mounts, thing is though if it is happening on both sides at the same time this is strange as its rare for 2 of the same things to go at the same time.

My S15 makes loads of wonderful noises and knocks, that's just life when you fit harder bushes or rose jointed arms...nothing is wrong till it falls off :nod:

Reaction score
Country
I'm going to have a look hopefully over the weekend,or this week coming.

both sides are doing it which as you say is rare! So will have a poke about...

haven't seem the car in 3 weeks so going to get it home and give it a service over the weekend if I've time or early next week.

best oil to use? I'm going to get some millers but what 5w/40 10w40.

bare in mind I do like to boost it,not shy to use the car so the best has to go in...

cheers

lee

Reaction score
Country
Had a look a the front end today after having the car on stand to clean under it and the whole exhaust...

To find all the ikeya bits lose up front which is why my wheels were moving forward and backwards under braking...there was only a few threads left till the bolts fell out.

lucky I looked this weekend!

Reaction score
Country
Was shocked lol,no wonder they were moving...I could move the wheel with my hands back and forth when the car was Jacked up..

all sorted and went to south mimms today's with it.so much nicer to drive now! Saves me cash too!

my equal length manifold and t28BB along with the custom turbo elbow and heat wrapped down pipe is up for sale as I'm going top mount td06 hopefully ;)