What's new

Spec R on the way!

Reaction score
Country
John- the laws here are lax after you get the car on the road.... getting it on the road is the hard part

John-

Reaction score
Country

John-

Reaction score
Country
Made these today

When the car arrives ill be putting a de-cat pipe on and doing the "pigeon" mod, just while its running low boost.
Thought I'd make the plugs whilst I had some spare time.
3 weeks now!

Reaction score
Country
what are those plugs for btw? mines in country just waiting on aero front bumper to arrive, will be fitting stage 1 mods when i get it including a decat so i have time like you to get bits and pieces :) if these are actually a functioning part and not just for aesthetics, could you send me the dimensions of them so i can turn some up at work please:D

and by the sounds of it my bumper is in a skyline that is on your boat lol

John-

Reaction score
Country
The plugs are to block the lines that go to and from the factory dump valve, as far as I'm aware this is a taboo area with people saying it can destroy turbos, but also saying that it reduces the risk of boost leaks. The dimensions are 27mm and 30mm diameter the lips are not size specific I just gave a reasonable size to make it into more of a plug shape. Hope that makes sense! There is more information here http://jull.net/s14-s15-tech-guides/fit-pigeon.

So when are you picking yours up? Same time as me or are you looking at the week before? Lets hope the boat doesn't sink! Hah.
From looking at your thread you've thrown a but more money in than I have!

John-

Reaction score
Country
Cars now in the country and ready to pick up next week, just waiting for the skirts and spats to be put on and the registration to happen! But got a few pictures anyway!

Reaction score
Country
Looks like a good clean base to start from mate!

Just out of interest.. What sort of price have you paid to go down the route of selecting your own from Japan? Don't have to give an exact figure :)

John-

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I'm really chuffed with it!
I'm paying just under 10k for it fully imported. I'm getting spats and skirts sprayed and fitted as well as a few other things touched up too so it's bumping it to 10.5k. It was a grade 4.

Reaction score
Country
i wonder if they will paint yours and mine in the same sitting as im waiting to have the front aero and skirts painted :) guess the boat didnt sink lol. mines 10.7k with sourcing a full aero kit, you never know we may bumb into each other on collection lol

John-

Reaction score
Country
I trust you meant to say bump! Hah. I was wondering when I'd next see you post on here, I thought you'd be collecting it this weekend! I should be picking mine up next Saturday morning! I should imagine they would paint then together. You've been waiting a long time now for yours! £200 more for the aero front bumper and spoiler, not bad!

Reaction score
Country
its been an age, the aero bumper was a lastminute.com idea so had to wait 3 more weeks for it to arrive. my car wasnt as expensive as yours but i bought all the aero kit seperately to keep costs down. just waiting for a final bill from mike. he said they would paint it the week just gone so hopefully will hear fro him soon :) got a bedroom full of bits waiting to go on lol

John-

Reaction score
Country
Picked up my car this morning! Couldn't be any happier, car did the whole drive from buckfastleigh to Hertfordshire brilliantly, and used under a half tank of fuel! Economy! Can't wait to wash it tomorrow and take pictures (I killed a large army of insects)

John-

Reaction score
Country
Washed the car yesterday, and surprisingly found no real damage to the paintwork, few little things but nothing to worry about. Anyway here are some pictures.

And a picture with my friends EP3

I also fitted the de-cat yesterday, I'm amazed at how restrictive the cat is! Looking though it you can only see a pinprick of light!

Reaction score
Country
thats a nice late one you've got there mate, whats the plan for the future

John-

Reaction score
Country
Some sound was first on the list of things to do!
I bought myself a simple single din head unit knowing that I would have to buy an adapter.
so went about taking the dash apart yesterday, which was fairly straight forward, plugged in the new adapter.
From Halfords its for a 2000 Micra, part number PC2 76 4.
Noticed it didn't work, anyway long story short, the neutral from the car was nowhere to be seen and wasn't going anywhere from the radio.
Wired that to earth, jobs a goodun.

Reaction score
Country
a micra adaptor, worth knowing :) im officially collecting mine wednesday afternoon. so first road trip will be from plymouth back home :)

John-

Reaction score
Country
So since the last positive post, I have had a problem.
After I did an oil service I drove about 30 miles parked up, got back in after about 10 minutes, not starting! Had to jump it to get it home.
The car only starts when it fancies, engine doesn't even turn over just clicks. About 15 times trying the key it will start like normal though.

Anyway, I've had to buy a new battery and hope that it will fix it!

John-

Reaction score
Country
So since the last positive post, I have had a problem.
After I did an oil service I drove about 30 miles parked up, got back in after about 10 minutes, not starting! Had to jump it to get it home.
The car only starts when it fancies, engine doesn't even turn over just clicks. About 15 times trying the key it will start like normal though.

Anyway, I've had to buy a new battery and hope that it will fix it!

John-

Reaction score
Country
Put the new battery in! still wont start :furious:.

Back to the drawing board.

Can anyone tell me where all the earths are on the S15? I've cleaned all the ones up that I have seen.
Worst times!