What's new

Letti, the non jap, non rwd BEAST... :/

Reaction score
Country
So you're all aware my car has been written off a few times, but this time was the last, so sorry guys. If you want it as a project, keep your eyes on CoPart's website within the next few weeks. I havent accepted an offer from the insurance company yet as the offer is too low (£5,500), so we'll see what the come up with next.

But without further ado, I bring to you... LETTI!

2008 Volvo S40 D5 R-Design.
2.4 litre turbo diesel, and yes its front wheel drive. However its a lot more practical for my work (i racked up 15,000 miles a year in the Silvia), its more economical, and it still shifts... enough. Its got 180bhp standard, 260lb/ft torque, and hits 60 in late 7 seconds. So yeah, it's slower. But we'll see how it goes. Its a sensible car. Until it gets dropped on coilovers and a remap :p

First mod: debadged rear! Get rid of that horrible 'V' word haha

Bring on the 'old man' jokes haha. But I kid you not, when this is between 3,000rpm and the 4,500 rpm redline, its sounds AMAZING. I'm not even joking, its a really low growl. Its bonkers, but it sounds mint! hehe.

Reaction score
Country
Yes! i like the more 'obscure' marques such as Volvo & Saab etc. My Alfa 156 2.4 JTD (5 Cylinder) sounded amazing too haha. Something different to an Audi/VW

Reaction score
Country
Awwww thanks guys! :)

I've been in touch with a mate who works at Volvo.. and they offer a Polestar remap in their garages. For a sum of around £450 i'll get an extra 25bhp and 50lb/ft of torque. Sounds nice to me! 205 bhp and 310lb/ft torque sounds nice for a grandad mobile :) Especially seeing as it doesn't lose any of its fuel efficiency! (It says so on their website) :D

Thats cheap horses in my opinion!

Reaction score
Country
volvo 5 cylinder engines are the dogs danglies. I've always wanted an s60 r design- the 4wd 300hp beast- ultimate sleeper

Reaction score
Country
i like these shape Volvo and that model is hard to find and really nice looking, a friend has got the same model but estate and i think there great cars and they shock people on the road because there faster than people think, good buy jase well pleased for you

Reaction score
Country
volvo make great engines................ for putting in tractors in Norway then skidding up the local paddocks

Reaction score
Country
My car has got so much torque sitting around doing nothing after it got removed from the tractor it came from, that if i floor it in 2nd gear, New Zealand will find itself in the middle of the Atlantic after i've folded the earth in two! Hahahahahaha

volvo make great engines................ for putting in tractors in Norway then skidding up the local paddocks

Reaction score
Country
and in the process the Stuart Island landed on Yorkshire and happened to splat a certain volvo