What's new

In the beginning...etc etc

Reaction score
Country
finally worked out how to utilise photo bucket!! so here are some pictures of my new purchase currently on a boat from japan. its going to be fitted with the aero kit and spoiler, lose the chrome rear lights and replace the ahem 'dildo' gear knob. arrives early april...cannot wait!

its showing 102km so about 62k

its not been crashed, the bonnet has just been left open :)

will add some more photos when the car arrives, although ive already bought some bits for it:

spec r rear quarter badges
Z32 AFM
Gizzmo EBC

if anyone has a silvia boot badge they dont want, i would like to buy it please, but for sensible money- forum member discount and all that ;)

Reaction score
Country
thanks cris but Torque GT are fitting one for me, and yeas i know the AFM isnt a direct fit. i need to buy an adaptor plug. only thing is i have no clue how to re wire the new plug. i will need to do some research but thats a RON job

Reaction score
Country
To be honest i think their prices are pretty reasonable. theyve got me a full aero kit iwth spoiler fitted and painted for £660 including the vat. and theyre repainting the centre console back to standard, replacing gear knob and refurbing 2 wheels for £100. rear lights are a bit strong for £100 but im going to ask(insist) i keep all the bits they take off (lights, skirts and dildo) to sell myself- they are mine after all

Reaction score
Country
It's interesting what you find out when you check your facts.

For example, it was SVA Imports I had in my mind as being very expensive for parts.

Apologies to Torque GT for the above comment. lol

I'm very intrigued by the Aero Kit for £660!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I have heard mixed reviews about SVA, i went with Torque GT as they were registered with bimtec(?) or whatever the asscoiation is called. Mike has been brilliant, they cant do enough for you and always kept me up to date.

He said they would source the kit 2nd hand obviously but when you're in the know I guess they can get parts from anywhere. My dad still thinks I've paid over the odds for the car but I know through them it will be a cracker and I also have peace of mind that they've checked the car over.

Reaction score
Country
Ahh ok, second hand does make sense!

A couple of people told me I paid a fair bit for my S15 too but as long as you're happy with the car and the money that changed hands that's all that matters!

This waiting period is the WORST part. I hope it doesn't last too long for you!

Reaction score
Country
Its killing me TBH, I'm spending money i havent got, just put down a deposit on a set of nismo rims and just bought a trust greddy BOV kit. Got datsun parts everywhere! Will be hiding the rims till Ive paid my dad off otherwise he will hit the roof lol. Plus still got to pay 1200 on arrival and 1600 when I pick it up eek!

Reaction score
Country
Which wheels have you bought? The best surprise I had when I picked mine up was that it came with Nismo LMGT4s!

Reaction score
Country
Theyre Nismo LM GT3's in white, bought them off a guy on here 'S15 FTW' he only lives about half hour away from me :)

Reaction score
Country
quick update: Gizzmo EBC has arrived today :) and just bought a greddy RZ BOV so hopefully should be here by wednesday. will add some pics of the bits and bobs as they arrive.

I have done some research on here and on t'internet about the greddy spec LS FMIC's i know they are tube and fin but but a few people have said theyre over priced and also the aluminium pipework furs up and goes crusty inside with our naff weather. has anyone had any issues or got any info on this. Also seems quite a few people have gone for the autobahn88 FMIC- again any input would be appreciated

(leaning towards the Greddy atm)

Reaction score
Country
Think everyone goes for the autobahn as it fits better and seems good quality if I went for one is go for that as I wunt have to cut aero front bumper

Reaction score
Country
are they good quality- fitment wise? are they not cheap chi-na-nease parts :confused:

Reaction score
Country
I'd steer clear of the autobahn FMIC, and the likes. so many people have had nothing but problems with them, bad quality, bad fit etc.

i can't rate my HDI GT2 FMIC highly enough, such good quality and fitment. And it has a well designed core too.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
I'd steer clear of the autobahn FMIC, and the likes. so many people have had nothing but problems with them, bad quality, bad fit etc.

i can't rate my HDI GT2 FMIC highly enough, such good quality and fitment. And it has a well designed core too.
Have to disagree on the autobahn cooler dude. The japspeed etc and generic eBay ones I agree with you, but my autobahn is excellent quality and fit piss easy and I didn't have to trim anything at all like a fair few others on here.

Reaction score
Country
I think it'd be fair to say the Autobahn kit can be hit and mis. I'm not 100% happy with my pipework and will likely replace this with custom pipework. The core seems good though.