What's new

In the beginning...etc etc

Reaction score
Country
I was very much grinning like an idiot, was a faultless 240 mile test drive home. I even had an encounter with an r33 which was hilarious as I tried to keep up when he put his toe down.

Mike and darren at torque gt were top blokes, couldn't do enough for me, I did change my mind quite a few times too which was why I had to wait so long. Mike even picked me up from the coach stop in a far from exotic passat diesel lol.

Been getting my 206 ready for sale today but wheels should be going on tomorrow. So anyone interested in a 206 gti let me know. 1295 ono, will put an add up on ebay at some point.

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Is that a genuine front aero bumper? It seems to sit abit low from the bonnet? Or is that how they all are? I can't remember!

Your going to love it and I can't wait to see it with the wheels on! My favourite wheels ever!

Reaction score
Country
Nope its a genuine front bumper, mike managed to source one in japan, was a bit scuffed but they did their usual high quality job of repairing it, paint match is pretty good too. I think that's how its supposed to sit as the panel gap around the lights is nice and tight and evrything is even. Plus I think that is where the intake for the standartd air box comes from

Yeah they should look mint, my only issue is one of my mates has stollen/borrowed without asking my trolley jack

Reaction score
Country
Hey nice too meet you mate, of all the palaces too meet aswel lol

Car looks awesome and look forward in seeing the upgrades ^w^

Reaction score
Country
why is nothing ever straight forward. This morning I decided to fit my nismo wheels- done the fronts no problem but when i moved to the back i found that i had a cross threaded wheel nut or someone had over tightened it with an air gun. I dont want to point the blame at anyone but when i collected the car Torque GT had 4 brand new Yokahamas fitted and had waxoyld the under side so must have taken the wheels off...

I also found that all four of my damped rubber sock thinks (pass on technical name) have completely perished, is this an MOT failure? either way i need to do something with them pronto before it ruins my dampers. Back to the offending wheel nut- wrestled with it for about 10 mins, managed to pull a muscle in my back and then finally the inevetable, the bloody thing sheared :furious:

On a brighter not ive just ordered 3 new rear studs (thought it wise to have some spares) at a very reasonable £2.86 each.

and also got shot of the DIY front plate

next on the to do list is put the brace on

Reaction score
Country
Hey nice too meet you mate, of all the palaces too meet aswel lol

Car looks awesome and look forward in seeing the upgrades ^w^
yeah nice to meet you too mate, asda car park isnt the most glamourous of places haha and i was in my old clothes, you must have thought whose this tramp driving a silvia lol

Reaction score
Country
yeah nice to meet you too mate, asda car park isnt the most glamourous of places haha and i was in my old clothes, you must have thought whose this tramp driving a silvia lol
Heh you joka, I would never think like that

The rims suit the car very well :nod:

Reaction score
Country
yeah i think they set it off really well, need to wash it then take some decent snaps. managed to get the 4th wheel on in the end, there was enough stud left to get the wheel nut on.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yes those wheels look awesome!! Such a nice design!

Yeah someone either at torque gt or whoever fits tyres for them ****ed that stud up. Wouldn't have snapped otherwise!! Did you ring them?

Which stud did you buy? As I have a feeling the studs from an s14 won't fit. The diameter is slightly different!

also you should change the front plate to a straight one, as it blocks the air to the radiator!

Reaction score
Country
No didn't ring them as I think I'll be wasting my time. Vinnie said he had an oil leak on his skyline and they didn't want to know about it.

Well I hope the ones he has got are for a 15, he took the reg of my car so one would hope they're correct. There was enough stud left to get a good purchases with the new bolts.

I think the plate should be ok, there is still quite a bit of room there but will keep an eye on the water temp!

Btw does anyone know if you fit a radio adapter from halfords to the back of the jap head units will you then be able to pick up FM, or do I need to buy a new one?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
You need a radio wave band expander, or radio wave converter. You can sometimes just plug them straight into the radio antenna ends and then a switch feed wire and earth wire.

Its prob easier to buy a uk new one! Radios are dirt cheap nowadays.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Brace yourself when you pull the radio out mind, mine had wires all over the show. VGA leads and all sorts!

As Sam says can get a decent double din for 200 quid now that will do everything.

Reaction score
Country
haha i bet its like a birds nest, i have a kenwood fold out dvd head unit that i had in my 106 of all cars so i may try that. im missing lisa snowden and dave berry in the mornings!

on a positive note i collected my studs from nissans today and they are the correct ones, well they fit the wheel nuts so i assume theyre correct. will get it fitted saturday all things being equal. also want to fir the new fuel pump.

Reaction score
Country
I'd have mentioned it to mike dude had a couple of wear n tear faults with mine that should have failed mot and he sorted it for me. Being a mechanic I gave it a good going over only found perished rubber tho so nothing serious

John-

Reaction score
Country
I'd have mentioned it to mike dude had a couple of wear n tear faults with mine that should have failed mot and he sorted it for me. Being a mechanic I gave it a good going over only found perished rubber tho so nothing serious
This

I've just spoken to Torque GT and they are sorting me out a replacement starter! Top guys.

Reaction score
Country
thats good to know, the stud only cost 2.50 odd and i bought 4 lizard skins for 27 quid but if anything major happens then I will be in touch. In fairness to mike he sent me a new number plate without me even asking for it.

Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
not done much to the car for a while, got it cleaned for the jap show and gave the engine bay a bit of a spring clean and fitted my first bit of bling. Picked up my HKS silent power exhaust last thursday so hopefully get my full system fitted this weekend :)

looking shiney :D

also got my air vent fitted, tried removing the whole thing but think ive bent the clip the wrong way but in the end dont think it needed to come out but interior now looks complete and tidy :)

Reaction score
Country
very clean bay dude been on with mine tonight lol if your on facebook add me john Neville was nice to meet you other day