What's new

Andyred's s15

Reaction score
Country
Hay, i may as well start up a build thread now im back behind the wheel of an S15! so here we go...........

After already owning an S15 a couple of years ago and using it in the British Drift championship but then pulling out due to the rising costs i've always regreted selling her :(

heres some pictures.

she was a great car but all good things come to an end..! or at least till now..... :)

So decided to start looking out for a low mileage and pretty standard Silvia then this came along

A 60k 2002 plate V package model so popped myself on a train down to axminster, the car was great so i snapped it up.

basic mods were

HKS Hi power 409 cat back exhaust

Genuine Nismo LM GT3 wheels
18x8 front, with Goodyear Eagle 225/40 tyres.
18x9 rear, with nearly new Marshall 225/40 tyres

thats it and perfect starter for me to put my touch to.

So.... to my first modification, A set of Apex gen2 coilovers. dropped her a little bit for now!!

this is how she sits now

Its still gotta come down a little bit but that wont be until i roll the arches with a little pull then fit some 20-25mm spacers to beef up the look.

what do you think so far?

Reaction score
Country
There is plenty planned!!!! For starters some tasty body type things like 50/50 rear lights, carbon bonnet, carbon boot and a front lip. Then finish off the handling side of things!! The list goes on but with my wedding in march it will be a slow build.

Reaction score
Country
Ah cool. So body stuff first then? Mmm yes, not sure the Mrs will be happy if you treat the Silvia to some seibon carbon goodies with a wedding coming up!

Reaction score
Country
Round 2 fight!!!

I wanted to jazz up the interior of the car but wanting to keep it nice and neat so got myself a set of these little badboys.
Boost, water temp, oil temp and oil pressure

Defi's can be a little pricey so I opted for the 60mm Depo racing gauges, still look tidy and do the job.
after being over careful trying to remove the vents it was time to trim them to an inch of they're lives to house the gauges. Time to dig out the dremel!!

All went trouble free and sit in nice and tight, I even trimmed down the grey rim to finish off the look

after following a wiring guide on here removing the OEM boost gauge and tapping into the power source for the gauges was simple and the added benefit of the daisy chaining from the first gauge ment power supply was sorted.
So let me cut to the finished article.......

next step is to fit a Oil cooler with filter relocation so the gauges can give me a reading lol

hope you like her so far but there is plenty to come :D

Reaction score
Country
No they dont, they plug into what ever sendor is needed. simple and easy!!! i paid around 200 for all 4 which is alot cheaper then defi

Reaction score
Country
those depo gauges, do you know if they come with a white background, and how bright are they at night, like driving with a interior light turned on?

Reaction score
Country
Not sure if there is a white face but I will find out for you.
These dim when you turn on your headlights so they are not over powering at all. here are 2 pics with lights on and off. Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pictures!!

Lights on

lights off

Reaction score
Country
with the front splitter arriving and possible purchase of a carbon D-max I'm thinking that it will look a little front heavy with not having any rear spats on the stock bumper, so I got this little baby!!

It will need a lot of custom mounts to fit and may not work but I think it will look the part. Time will tell.......

Reaction score
Country
Is that a genuine front lip mate or one of those urethane ones of ebay from USA?

Been looking for one for a while but don't know weather to trust the ebay ones.