What's new

NEW MODIFIED S15!!!!! (Round 2: FIGHT!)

Reaction score
Country
What an end to 2012. And an end to my beloved 2001 Spec-R.

As much as i'd love to repair, it's unfeasible when you see the damage to the strut etc. :(

I'm going to try my luck with my insurance company for a pay out, but failing that, start making your new years shopping lists! :p

And before you all ask.. I was driving perfectly safely, well within the speed limits (literally) and hit a really greasy corner which i couldn't correct from :( literally no boost, just slide :(

Reaction score
Country
Sorry to see this..............noticed it on my FB feed lastnight, someone on my friends list must of commented on it, did'nt realise it was yours from the pics.

Hopefully you can get paid out and retain the salvage. I will have my pair of oem wings available, and my Origin Type 2 bonnet (if i can find an oem one in white!) so keep positive dude, it may not be the end of her! keep us posted

Reaction score
I'm going to try my luck with my insurance company for a pay out, but failing that, start making your new years shopping lists! :p
Sorry to see this. but as you said it, if you habe no luck with the insurance company i need as much of the rear arch as possible on the passenger side :D

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
oh man, hope you can rebuild or at least get enough from the insurance for another 1. Guess you better update your sig too now scrub the going strong and + multiple write-offs :D

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Dude that's cars been through so much you simply can't finish the story here. :(

Reaction score
Country
Damn, not what you want to start the new year. Glad you're alright and hope the insurance comes through and you'll be back in a S15 soon..

Reaction score
Country
Man thats not good, be interested in what the insurance companies are like with the s15.
If Its been a write off before would they value it less?
If I have any parts in the next month I will happily donate them to help you get her back on the road.

Not to be a hawk, but if you do strip it what you wanting for the engine?

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the positive words guys, but i'm sorry to announce, this is my last S15 (for now), I wont be keeping this car. I've got to be sensible here and i'm currently saving for a house, so this is in a way, a good thing in terms of me being more efficient with my spending haha.

Next steps (prioritised):

1) Insurance company will hopefully pay out in due time. Initial write off was £8k pay out, which is more than i paid for the car, so i'm hoping for a similar figure. I'll strip all unnecessary parts off the car that the insurance company don't need such as floor mats and the defi gauges., Also if anyone wants aftermarket parts off the car, and can swap parts for oem parts, at my house in York, then this can be arranged as a courtesy/free/very cheap service. For example, my KOYO N-FLO (expensive) radiator can be swapped out for another cheap one if you so wish. But please, wait til I speak to the insurance company first and then we can come to an arrangement.

2) If they don't pay out, i've got several people asking to buy the car as it is already. I will endeavor to do this, however would have to agree to a reasonable price first.

3) If no one wants the car as a whole in the end, then it'll go for parts.

Please no more messages asking to buy parts just yet. However if people want to send offers for the car as a whole, then feel free. I'll keep you all up to date.

This is NOT the end of my S15 adventure, just a short break from it. When I'm settled with enough cash for a summer car, I'd like to get another one.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Good luck with it all mate, easiest thing would be for the insurance to come through with good money.
If that doesn't happen I would be very interested in the rolling shell .
Will keep an eye on your progress with this hope you get what you want for it dude!

Reaction score
Country
Damm that's bad dude literally read your build thread the other day such a shame. Glad your ok though. Look forward to seeing your next build :)

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys, I'm waiting on the insurance company to collect and assess the damage now. In the meantime I've removed a few non essential items. So providing it goes to the insurance, these parts will be for sale. Check the for sale section for details. I'll add a link here when I'm on my computer :)

Reaction score
Country
that's so gutting to see iam sorry to see that happen mate hope you can find out what's happening with the insurance sooner rather than later, such a shame when the cars been through so much :(

Reaction score
Country
Well, she's been assessed as a Cat C! Upgraded from the Cat D she previously was haha. Gotta wait around 3 days now for their initial estimate. I told them I wanted at least £9,000 for it (optimistic i know), but thats the current selling value on autotrader, and thats the main site they use :p

But now they've also informed me they're going to dig into my modifications. So i've just got to pray that everything was declared and its all sweet.. :(

Reaction score
Country
good luck with everything jase and think that's a fair estimate for a s15, i really hate insurers for this reason and got my fingers crossed for you mate ;)

Reaction score
Country
For those interested, settlement figure was initially £5,500, which I then haggled up to £7,200. Which is fair based on the following:

£10,000 is the average 'for sale' price of a mint spec-r online at the moment (my car was listed as being A1 pre crash condition, they obviously didnt put their glasses on)
Because it was already a Cat D, that drops the value by approx 20%, thus £8,000.
So to lose £800 off the realistic sale value, isnt bad at all. Especially seeing as I got an £8,000 payout last time i wrote it off in 2010.

£7,200, less my excess, settled at around £6,500. Pays for the new car, and opens up some avenues. Happy chappy.

I will again own an SR20 powered "something" as i love the engine, just not in the near future. Thanks for all your help throughout the years, and i'll be sticking around to help others (and to shift some remaining parts ;) haha)