What's new

Traditional's S15 J-Spec S SR20DE/Auto (for now)

P

Pheonix

Hello all!
Yet another member's ride thread from me, I just leave it too long and the previous thread is no longer valid, so I figure I'll make a new thread! I'm going to start doing my build thread here, as it's quit a locked down forum and I don't really want many people knowing what I do to my car, though I'd like to share it with the s15 community to get as much feedback from people who have the same car as myself :)

So I purchased a Nissan Silvia S15 Spec S Auto in March, installed coils in the front, had an accident, still paying off the damage, but I'll list what's in it below.

Upgrades/Mods
Green is what's currently installed
Yellow is what's ordered
Red is what's planned

Engine/Drivetrain
Obligatory POD Filter
Manual Conversion

Suspension & Steering
Tein Flex Coilovers in the Front
HSD Coilovers in the Rear
Adjustable Tie Rods
Spec-R Brake Upgrade Inc new Rotors
17" Koya Drift Teks
18" Works CR Kiwami

Visual
Full DFT Bodykit
DMAX Roof Spoiler - Ordered
DMAX Ducktail - Ordered
Stock Front/Rear Bar

Audio and Visual
JVC Headunit (basic)
Alpine Double Dinn Headunit with GPS
6.5" Pioneer Splits (front)
6.5" Fusion Splits (rear)
400w MTX Thunder Sub
400w dual channel Pioneer Amp
Second MTX Thunder Sub
Alpine 1kw Monoblock AMP
Sub Corner Box - this weekend

Interior
BRIDE Seats
5 Point Harness

I think that's pretty much everything, current and planned.
I also need to replace my VCT Gear as it's developed a nasty ass tick, and I've got panel work to fix from the previous owner, which is about $1500. I'll try and think of extra's to do, but that's all at the moment :)

Here's a pic from last Sunday's Downshift Meet :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice, very mean looking with spoilerless in black.

I have done the exact same thing with green yellow red on a page on my PC to try and organise myself and keep things in hand!

If you are going to the trouble of upgrading the brakes you may aswell go for skyline setup front and rear, it is much better and will only cost a little more.

P

Pheonix

Yeah man I'm looking at the skyline brakes, just the cost's is the big issue atm.
Trying to source the best calipers/$ is hard.. Might even go with Spec-R Brakes, just trying to save cash as much as possible.

T

Thr33Swords

Hey mate, nice car! Did you do the manual conversion yourself, or did you take it somewhere?

P

Pheonix

God damn been a while since I've been here!
In the middle of buying conversion parts, for the gearbox and other parts, just need clutch and pedals. Clutch is $1200 for nismo coppermix

Heres the car now

Reaction score
Country
i would avoid spec r breaks as they are iron, where as most skyline and Z32 are alloy.. nice wheels dude

P

Pheonix

i would avoid spec r breaks as they are iron, where as most skyline and Z32 are alloy.. nice wheels dude
Correct, in the middle of doing my Manual Conversion, though afterwards I'll be getting wheels, then I'll be doing brakes. Most likely going to go with PMU or Z32's.

Reaction score
Country
what type of front bumper is that youve got mate? oem with a splitter if so what splitter is it cheers :thumbs:

P

Pheonix

It's an OEM front bar with a 3 piece front lip on it :) I ship to anywhere in the world from japan if you're interested.

Reaction score
Country
It's an OEM front bar with a 3 piece front lip on it :) I ship to anywhere in the world from japan if you're interested.
few more pics would be nice to see how its fixed:thumbs: Also a price shipped to UK:nod:

Reaction score
Country
Hey Guys. Can't figure out how to login so here's my new account, and had a few updates.

Firstly, the list!

Have updated the first post, scroll down for updates and stuff!

Updated list on stuff.

[Engine
Haltech Platinum Pro Plug and Play
Haltech Boost Controller
Haltech Wideband O2
Walbro E85 Intank Pump
86.5mm Pistons
Upgraded Rods (idk)
Polished Crank
Bored out injectors (roughly 800cc)
Hypergear 2871r (copy)
999 Automotive Cooler Piping
Generic Intercooler
Aluminium Radiator
One piece Dump - Cat
Decat Pipe
Straightpipe to Blitz Muffler (needs redoing)
DMAX 3 inch Straight Pipe
999 Dump Pipe (apparently 3")
Titanium 3" Front Pipe

Exterior
S15 Aero Front Bar
DMAX Ducktail
Stock front with Foggieeessss
Spec R Side skirts
Rear Pods
Gay Aus Spec rear bar
DMAX Front Gusrds +40mm
WiseSquare Rear Overs +50mm
Origin Type 2 Carbon Bonnet

Driveline/Brakes
S14 5 Speed
NPC HD Clutch
Nismo 2 Way with 4.3:1 diff ratio
S14 Front Calipers w/Slotted Rotors

Suspension
Cusco Strut Brace
Driftworks CS1 Coilovers
Silk Road Camber Arms
JIC Toe Arms
Solid Diff Bushes
Solid Subframe Bushes (yet to install)

Interior
Defi Control Box
Defi Boost Gauge
Defi Oil Temp Gauge
Defi Oil Press Gauge

350mm Deep Dish Suede Nardi w/HKB boss
Recaro SR3 on Low Rail (have a second)
To Order Haltech Dash

Wheels
WedsSports SA-60m
18x9+23 (20mm Spacer) w/ Kumho KU39 225/35/18
18x10+20 w/ Jinyu 225/40/18
Thinking of Proxes R888's

And a quick update.

So haven't really posted much here in a while, I'll update my parts list.

Anyways, went to an all day drift day in December, had fun but after much thinking (and a few beers) I decided that i'm a little bitch and I don't really want to wreck this car.

So I decided I wanted to start doing time attack/track days instead, yeah it's more expensive and probably just as likely to crash, but I think i'd enjoy that a little more.

So, things I did.

Got a DMAX 3" Straight pipe. Cracked my dump pipe in the process so found a tomei titanium front and 999 automotive dump. Made 230kw At the wheels, think it's time for a new turbo/cams

Got some new wheels

Rub-a-dub-dub

And my lovely Nardi and Nismo horn button in

Scored a genuine S15 aero bar for $400 (swapped for defi's), got offered $1200 the same day. Didn't know how sought after they were

Did some wiring and stuff in the air, also DMAX 40mm+ Front guards

Went to Melbourne Formula 1, only had my film Canon AE-1 Program, this is my favorite pic!

Back to the car, pulled out the camber and lifted it a little (because track life), thought I needed overs...

Got a delivery at work! Wisesquare 50mm+ Rear guards

Going to get them moulded in, I'm not a fan of the "rivet it m8 she'll be mint" look. Another s15 in QLD had the same guards moulded and they look so good!

Also ordered an Origin Type 2 Carbon bonnet, 9 weeks in to their "12 week gaurentee" on delivery, still not sure if it's left Japan LOL

This is it all packed up on the trailer... Just cus..

Anyways so it's a few weeks till paint is done, will post photos of guards if they get sent through to me. Going to lower it a little once I get it back and I get tyres sorted. Thinking of going 285/35/18 on the 18x10 and 265/35/18 on the 18x9. Hopefully it'll look good when painted.

Paint is going to be a dark black/copper colour. Anyways thanks for reading, will update as much as I can.

Panel work is finally on a roll! Passanger (left hand side) guard has been pulled from previous damage, and the guards have been cut and bashed up! Should look good with the Widebody guards on!

Reaction score
Country
Taking a little longer than first thought, but guards are on

Progress is my middle name! (when someone else is doing the work)

And it's hitting paint tonight! Getting keen!

Reaction score
Country
Paint has been laid, looks so killer (litterally just got sent this)

Not to wait for the finished product!