What's new

Finally i have an S15

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Very nice build mate! Pretty similar spec to what I am planning, all look like quality parts looking forward to seeing it finished!

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Very nice build mate! Pretty similar spec to what I am planning, all look like quality parts looking forward to seeing it finished!
cheers mate... after previous cars using cheaper parts i've decided its just not worth it really so punting on going for well designed parts.

got my engine back from the machine shop now all looks good will post some pics... had a slight incident with a oil sealing piston ring so need a new one which is a little annoying and held me up..

more to come soon.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Totally agree mate I always say do it once do it properly wait a little but longer and get the best you can afford to . I saved up got myself a mazworx top feed fuel rail with id850's and one of their top mount mani and downpipe with tial v band flanges , just saving up for a syvecs ecu and my turbo then next stage is building an engine spec like this . Should be a pretty bulletproof engine mate, and super responsive with that turbo!
What's the benefits of going for the solid lifter kit bud?

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Totally agree mate I always say do it once do it properly wait a little but longer and get the best you can afford to . I saved up got myself a mazworx top feed fuel rail with id850's and one of their top mount mani and downpipe with tial v band flanges , just saving up for a syvecs ecu and my turbo then next stage is building an engine spec like this . Should be a pretty bulletproof engine mate, and super responsive with that turbo!
What's the benefits of going for the solid lifter kit bud?
Sounds like a pretty epic build should be impressive !!

the solid lifters are in an attempt to up the rev limit safely. plan is to run some where in between 8-8.5K rpm assuming the tubby is capable of flowing enough useful stuff up here. aiming at using one a GTX range so from the looks of it should be able to...

plus they dont cost much more than buying new lifters since i was buying cam anyhow (i got mine cheaper than new nissan ones).

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ah I see sound like a good idea then !
Higher rev limit would defo come in useful i say,
From what I have seen of the gtx stuff they look pretty impressive! Quick spool and good flow
Cheers bud, I'm going for Owen developments hta2871 should pretty responsive and capable of 450hp in the tial housing which is way more than I need ha ha
Might look into the solid lifters for mine then while I am at it ,as I was going to replace with all oem stuff originally good excuse to upgrade though ;)

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
yea i would say its for sure looking into. will need to re-shim then when they are installed and i would recommend fitting them with new rocker arms they will also need a very slight mod (see my last set of pictures). But i reckon they will be more reliable than stock HLA's.

will have to take a look at that tubby is is based on a garrett GT2871? little bigger than i need though probably plugging for around 380-400bhp max (Well he says that now :))

what yo doing about the gearbox?

Ah I see sound like a good idea then !
Higher rev limit would defo come in useful i say,
From what I have seen of the gtx stuff they look pretty impressive! Quick spool and good flow
Cheers bud, I'm going for Owen developments hta2871 should pretty responsive and capable of 450hp in the tial housing which is way more than I need ha ha
Might look into the solid lifters for mine then while I am at it ,as I was going to replace with all oem stuff originally good excuse to upgrade though ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The lifters I was looking at are the tomei ones and come with rockers etc too looks like a nice piece of kit
The Owen dev is based on the Garrett yeah just their own hta billet wheel so super responsive plus if you go for the m spec has metal bearing case , conical nut etc with a view to making it much more reliable
In the standard housing I believe they are good for 400hp so perfect for what you are after mate and still responsive .
Gearbox wise I'm gonna run the car around 360-370 till I have enough money for z33 box that wil hold the power easy and still 6 speed

http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/product/383/Owen_Developments_ODGT2871HTA/

Last edited:

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
interesting i was considering a Z33 box but after some research it seemed that no one had got one to fit properly. even with modding the leaver position it was still in the wrong place... tempted to either get the circlip fix done and get the gears and shafts treated or just punt for a gear set..

any one know if Garage-D are doing there mods to the boxes?

that turbo looks epic ! think i will be asking Owen as few more questions as they do the GTX range also....

cheers mate

The lifters I was looking at are the tomei ones and come with rockers etc too looks like a nice piece of kit
The Owen dev is based on the Garrett yeah just their own hta billet wheel so super responsive plus if you go for the m spec has metal bearing case , conical nut etc with a view to making it much more reliable
In the standard housing I believe they are good for 400hp so perfect for what you are after mate and still responsive .
Gearbox wise I'm gonna run the car around 360-370 till I have enough money for z33 box that wil hold the power easy and still 6 speed

http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/product/383/Owen_Developments_ODGT2871HTA/

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Garage d are doing modded boxes but when my mate took his there they took forever to do the job and I'm pretty sure he don't get his own box back either which was actually a really low mileage one he had sourced .
I had thought about getting the same fix done but I personally wouldn't use garage d as I have had bad experience in the past. I know Jordan got his box done and he was chuffed with it and they turned it around quickly so up to you really sounds like a good solution though and much cheaper than a gear set
Yeah they do a few different sized turbo in their hta range so I'm sure they would have something to suit your needs matey or as you say the gtx range looks top notch too just depends what you want from the turbo really . Have a word with them though they are very helpful! They helped me decide which turbo I am going for ;)

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
well got my block back from the machine shop on Saturday but then had to leave for the south not long after so couldn't get much done really. got the main studs in and the crank but that's about it.. just some quick snaps... the machine shop has done an excellent job..

not much of an update really

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Very nice! When are you hoping to have it up and running?
cheers bud... not sure yet, i want to get it built before christmas but its all kinda work depending at the minute... although am hoping its all done and dusted by early next year

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
well got back home today and my stuff had turned up so I could see if the rear brakes where going to work with the discs.... so far so good from the looks of it:

should be able to get cracking with the engine this week now so hopefully more updates to follow.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice one man! I just wish I had some spare cash as I have 3 weeks off could get so much done! Trying to sell my daily now to fund the 15 build hopefully that will sell quick and I will crack on too.
Will be keeping an eye on the thread for progression and inspiration over the festive period :D

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
finally got a chance to get some time on the engine today. Got the bottom end built which made me a little happier:

also opted for an orbit oil pump / front cover as they are cheaper than OEM and the pump gears are not made from sintered cheese. really nice bit of kit just like OEM

then got the rest built up with the oil pan extra.

Tomei N2 oil block fitted:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Very nice buddy, coming together !
Is that the oil pump that mazworx sell?
Is a comprehensive build you are doing , defo making me want to go all out on mine now , keep at it :D