🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Are more of those manifolds for sale at that price :eek:

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Little bit of an update, i now have the engine/gearbox in the car was a little bit of struggle but got it in started to plumb everthing back up..

look like the manifold is a good fit:

think ill be making a heat sheild for the ABS though.

i also bought a bit of bling for the engine bay, i have no idea if these work but they look pretty cool:

did come up against some snags though, i need to fit electric fans to help me get the oil filter relocator in/thermostate. any one have any idea on what fan controller to use? i know HKS use to make one but seems they dont any more.. i know the Kenelowe ones are pretty good used one of them on my last car. but are they any others?

Next on the list:

fit new rocker cover
oil cooler kit
do some wax oiling.

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
little bit of an update not done a massage amount due to the weather being minging, started to fit the oil cooler, bottom mounts made from some titainium :cool:

made the top ones from some alloy tho, gave them a lick of paint.

get my Greddy filter relocator fitting as well, need some more fittings to finish it off:

and this is what she looks like back together:

i decided to get started on sorting out getting the diff cleaned up

and i picked myself some new wheels up:

guna give them a refurb thinking of either painting them bronze or satin black not sure yet..

its getting there now, hopfully will be on the road in the next couple of months !!!

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
been plodding along with the car, managed to get a first start on it last weekend.. in the process of sorting a few teething troubles. i have a dead coil pack so need to get a known good one to make sure before i buy a new set. managed to get a alot of work on the engine bay tidying everything up:

happy with the way its looking at the minute...

also had a chance to test fit my new brakes:

360mm vs stock R GTR disc

looking good behind the TE's :)

although i am tempted to upgrade yet further for some 6 pot brembos ! any interested in this kit?

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Did you make the air filter shield up as well? Looks nice
no Chap, thats just an Apex one painted crackle black. i will be making a custom titanium one when i get a little more time tho

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
well since i still havnt found a coil pack yet i decided to do a deal on some seats instead to keep me happy:

well happy with them in very good condition...

next on the list:

Set of coil packs
Titanium exhaust
Aero front bumper....

Reaction score
When you say you haven't found any coilpack, where have you looked?

You want uprated ones or OEM ?

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
When you say you haven't found any coilpack, where have you looked?

You want uprated ones or OEM ?
ideally i would like a known good second hand one to confirm before i buy myself a new set or either new ones or aftermarket ones

looked in the usual place at the minutes, OC's / Ebays etc

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Try fasthands for splitfires and titanium exhaust if he has them left.

I have a fresh, unpainted FRP replica aero front bumper if you are interested. My costs in my build have grown too much so can't afford the painting work I wanted. I'd want what i paid for it so 250

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Try fasthands for splitfires and titanium exhaust if he has them left.

I have a fresh, unpainted FRP replica aero front bumper if you are interested. My costs in my build have grown too much so can't afford the painting work I wanted. I'd want what i paid for it so 250
cheers for the reply mate, i know about the ones Fasthands has, i'm looking for new coil pack really just want a second hand one initial to double check (triple check that it is that).... then ill buy some new ones...

the exhaust he has he the one i sold him :nod: and was off my old S14a, as i'm running stock bumper it will stick out to far for me (s14 one is about 60mm longer).... and currently would have no way of having it modified to fit...

Can you send me some pictures of the front bumper? would ideally be after a OEM one but for that price i could be tempted ! do you know how it fits and what not? no big gaps etc?

cheers

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
well been a little quiet on the car front recently but started on on mass again now i have a plan. just posting some pictures of some recent work:

got my front brake kit off the ground.

perfect fit behind the TE's also:

nailed down my engine spec also, this is what I am planning:

Engine:

CP forged pistons, 86.5mm 9:1 CR
Eagle rods
ARP main Studs
ARP head studs
Tomei oil pan
Tomei N2 oil block
ACL race bearings
full dynamic balance
Cosworth MLS HG
Tomei 260 deg cams
Tomei solid lifters
BC valve springs
BC TI retainers
Tomei RAS
New rocker arms
Cometic gasket kit (although MLS HG will be sold as I have a cosworth one)
Border Fuel rail
Sard 850cc injectors
Sard FPR
D.O.C race manifold
Garrett GTX2860R turbo
ORC 409 clutch
Apexi PFC d-jectro

think that will cover most it at the minute.. some parts are already on order will update with some pictures soon...

my only conundrum at the minute is around the oil pump, whether I just replace with stock or look for some else

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
my fuel rail arrived, nice bit of kit.

fitted with Sard 850cc injectors.. will see how these work may need to down size these in the future.

going to block up the centre return also as i wont be needing it.

head gasket is for sale from the above kit

top end:

new rocker arms

solid lifters:

Clutch: -ORC 409d

need my oil pump to arrive now and then all is ready to head down to the machine shop to get the machine work done...

I have been toying with the idea of going top mount rather than bottom mount...

more to come soon

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
little bit of an update. had the week off to do some work on the car. the plan was to have the engine sent away to the machine shop to have it bored, balanced, Naprec vavlves fitted and block and head faces skimmed.

whilst it was there decided to do a few tidying of thing.

decided there was to much blingy sliver on the front of the engine bay...

then moved onto the engine bay its self, wasn't really happy with it the way it was it seemed to be very very dirty and had some overspray from the undersealing so set about on it:

before:

and after some cleaning:

whilst I was doing that I set my brother to work on his milling machine to do the modification on the new Rocker arms in preparation for the solid lifter conversion

that's all for now... just picked up my engine from the machine shop this morning so hopefully will have some more later