What's new

The Cap'ns Black Silvia

Reaction score
Country
Hi everyone, I'm Alex and I live near Stirling in Scotland. After lurking on here for a while and a 1000 miles round trip I finally bought myself a black Silvia.
It's was sourced by Mike at torque gt.

I'm not entirely sure what mods it has but I'm aware of the following:

Power stuff:
Blitz air filter
Unknown cat back exhaust
Greedy boost controller
Apex'i power fc with hand controller

Handling stuff:
Continental sportcontact 3 on front 225 45 17
Pirelli potenza re050a on rear 255
Apex coilovers
Cusco front and rear under shelf strut brace.

I'm sure I'll find some other stuff as I explore the car more.

It's also got the factory sunroof and digital climate control.
I'm finding head room being a bit tight being 6 foot tall so I may need to get myself a bucket seat.

Loving it so far, plenty of plans too.

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Love black Silvia's, Mike and Torque should sponsor this forum!

I got mine from torque aswell and with a sunroof and found out later a guy went to to buy it but was to tall because he banged his head! I wouldn't recommend replacing normal seats with Recaro's mind as they increase the height!

Look forward to seeing more!

Reaction score
Country
They increase the height!? Gutted....A mate of mine said i could have a recaro from his dc2 same as yours but I guess that's out the window. Can I just ask how you find the autobahn intercooler as that's what I'm looking into next and im not sure what cooler to go for.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Mine are on "raptor rails" so not sure compared to Bride super low rails you can mount them on if you could find some! But the seat itself is quite big I think that's the issue.

Autobahn from what I had read was the one to have, sourcing one was fun. I got mine ordered from Aus though eBay but was posted from Hong Kong and was delivered in 3 days!!! Good bit of kit. Each person I've spoken to has fitted the same kit differently but there instructions are pretty vague but they seem good I haven't had any issues with boost or anything!

Reaction score
Country
loving the car mate lovely in black and love the wheels and my car was from mike at torque gt as well haha your right mike... mike at torque gt defiantly needs to sponsors this form :)

Reaction score
Country
Thanks bud. They're gramlights and I'm fair chuffed with them, but I'm not too sure what fitment they are. Sitting quite nice at the moment though.

Nah. I like the wing, I quite fancy a lip spoiler instead though. I'm looking into different lights at the moment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Very nice, not many about in black! I also have the autobahn intercooler, seems reasonable, never had any troubles boosting, i believe some people managed to get away without having to trim their bumper, i had to trim mine slightly, however i think if i had my time again i would probably go with a blitz se one! Can't go wrong with the big brands and they're not much more than the autobahn one.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Keep the spoiler, s15's don't look right without one! Look like a 406 from the back! Lol. As an easy rear light mod, just smoke them out with some tint spray, unless you go down the route of LED lights! The wheels are spot on, I would kill for some quailty jap wheels.

Reaction score
Country
The past few days I was having bother with the car hunting for idle and being very lumpy in the low revs. After a few days of hunting unsucessfully I was randomly looking through the hand controller today. I noticed I'd put the air flow setting on the VQ40 setting *face palm*. I then reset the setting back to "SR20 power" and the car is running lovely again.

Moral of the story here is don't play with things you dont understand. :eek:

Reaction score
Country
Kind of update. I got the CS2's on the car will be getting a laser alignment done on Saturday. Also done a few wee bits and bobs

I got myself some nismo cap's and autosol-ed the crap out of the Cusco strut brace.
The pathetic double A sized battery gave up the ghost so I replaced that with a bigger one but the posts were too big so the clamps got replaced too. The new once is great so far though.
I also managed to fit my nardi deep corn steering wheel, I'm trying to figure out how to get the horn to work though...

I've Got a couple of questions though:
First one being how do I rip the carbon canister non-sense out?
And
Second, As I know nothing about intercoolers, out of these two which is best? ( regardless of price )

Number one: http://www.rhdjapan.com/blitz-intercooler-se-nissan-silvia-s14-s15-64987

Number two: http://www.rhdjapan.com/trust-greddy-spec-ls-fmic-kit-s13-s14-s15-r32-r33-53749

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I ordered myself some tomei bits.

I got the manifold and elbow, and also the fuel pressure regulator to got with the walbro 255 pump I put in and the bigger injectors once I man up and pick some.
I wrapped the exhaust bits with the provided stuff, holy monkeys that stuff is itchy....I should Maybe have wetted it first.