What's new

SR20VET S15 omg

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah man don't even want to know how much this has cost! I found a vet for 450 with most parts and cover but I thought better of it after seeing this ha ha ha ha will be awesome though

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Either do I!
The Mazworx conversion kit is far from complete. My parts list is silly!

Reaction score
Country
What model clutch do you have pal? I have the same one and I'm trying to find a replacement friction plate for it.

Also do you know where to get a new friction plate from haha.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Exedy hyper single. Not sure, probably direct from Exedy, they must have some contact details somewhere. If not I'm pretty sure Apex do Exedy clutches

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country

Getting closer. This is with the Blue valve cover from the SR16VE on. It isn't in great nick and the holes for the spark plugs need enlarging, hence why i have the black 20V one. Problem is there is a 90 degree bend I need in the crank/head breather system which is present on the back of the SR16VE head, not the 20V. It is straight on that, so need to see what the clearance on that is once it is in.

Mazworx relocation block, for the VVL solenoids :) Where the magic happens!!

That is my refurbed and strenthened GarageD gearbox fitted up. As a one man job was a b****. C's short shifter on there too :)

You have to use a VE headgasket, but on the cometic MLS ones like mine they have these little rivets, and 3 of them wanted to get squashed against one surface or another so they had to go!

The hole blocked off there is the FWD VE oil feed to the VVL solenoids. I had it tapped and plugged, but also a tap put in so that I could run a line there from my sandwich plate should I need it. I should be fine using this line straight to the Mazworx relocation kit though, so this has been blocked back up.

And here is plug number 2. The VE doesn't use this oil drain from the head that the DET uses, and the head doesn't cover it up, so it needs plugging.
The third, not shown is in the block, right at the front, intake side, where the DET head would have got oil for the VVT soilenoid.

Turbo goes on this weekend, as well as fitting up the new belts to the Alternator, water pump and PS. The crank pulley is underdriven so need new belts.
I have saved 1.3kg with that crank pulley over standard, 1kg from different pistons and conrods, and god knows with the exedy flywheel so this should rev like no-ones business!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
So glad I didn't go vet ! What a pita ha ha ha gonna be epic man but hate to think about time/cost involved in this now! Awesome motor mate

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Probably for what i'll achieve for the street it has been ALOT of extra work which could have been achieved much cheaper, but the results will be in the dyno.

But the noise will keep me happy!!

Consider me a long term member of the S15OC after all this.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah man I found a head with cams , cover a few other bits and was well tempted but think I may just stroke / forge mine and run lumpy cams . Twin scroll should give me plenty of usable power .
I will be on here forever ha ha ha ha
Gonna be awesome though man looking forward to seeing it all finished

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Just so you know. I havnt read the full thread. But if your in the uk and you ever decide to sell this engine please contact me first. I will no doubt at all buy the whole lot off you.

Looks awesome cnt wait to see/hear it driving

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the offer Matty, but my plan, should anything happen to the S15 is to do up a Datsun 240Z and put it in there!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
FML that was hard work!!!

Problems started when the first crane broke and we had to use a smaller one.

Crank angle sensor for a VE makes things incredibly incredibly akward! At times it must have had a fair amount of weight rested on it and that lip just below the ABS lines. Fortunately it has slipped below now, I just hope we haven't fooked it!

Similarly there is a breather hose that comes out of the back of the rocker cover and that is a bugger for getting snagged up on those same ABS lines and the firewall lip.
Seeing as this isn't the rocker cover I'll be using we just sawed off the bloody pipe and it fitted ok eventually

The engine mounts couldn't have been more akward but it is all in now, and I'll get on with what I can tomorrow.

Also the Xcessive plenum will not fit with the standard ABS lines on an S15, period. It needs to taper in ALOT more, like a mazworx plenum. I think I'll have to have my own one welded up to be honest :s Or re-doo the ABS lines, but I am really not wanting to do that!

Reaction score
Country
Good stuff Max..

That intake is a pita..!! Hope it's not to much of a nightmare to modify it, think that's you best bet as you say...

You've convinced me to junk the ABS, and get the rear rocket cover port blanked :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It is modify the plenum or spend another £800ish on a Mazworx one, will come with another fuel rail though...
Crapedy crap. That cost would probably delay finishing by a month!

That is the sort of money I wanted to spend on a new ex. mani for an external wastegate sometime next year!!

What will you do with the valve cover breather then? It has blown my plan, I was going to take that vent to the catch can, then back into the intake.
Can a new hole be punched through 90 degrees over, clear of the firewall?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
OOps, mazworx plenum it is... and Mustang 75mm throttle body, and lots of pretty mazworx connecting hoses. Aeromotive FPR too, then lots of AN fittings to come for the fuel system.

It should all clear the ABS lines and the Fuse box

A 75mm TB is the least I can have on this mani, and tbh it is probably a bit larger than I need but nevermind!

Colour scheme in my bay is changing slightly to a bit less blue and a bit more black to accentuate the Valve cover so lots more silicone to come my way. Anyone want to trade their black two main silicone rad. hoses for blue ones? Mine are new!
I'll tidy up all the protection on all my wiring too with some new spiral wrap and lots of black electrical tape, and get my Altima super duper fan shroud wired up with my old fan controller!

Reaction score
Country
Awesome. Definitely the right decision In my opinion to go with the smallest (75mm!!) TB that Mazworx allow, good choice of Mustage TBs out there as well...
just an idea, but I'd think about using black heat shrink tubing for the wiring rather than the tape, should make for a cleaner look, you can get 5-1 shrink tubing so should easily fit over most connectors.

what Aeromotive FPR did you go for? The 13101 or 13109, I got the 13101 for mine...

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
13109 I don't know the difference except in/out AN size. (and yours is black which I'd prefer) Is it because you have an Automotive fuel pump too?
I have a load of heat shrink, we shall see if I have enough. I just assumed I'd have to cut off the plugs but I'll believe you!

I'm going to wire my Altima fans up a bit strangely. One fan controlled by my old Revotec fan controller, to come on at full power at say 90 or 95 degrees.
Meanwhile the 2nd fan will basically replace the old electric AirCon fan. It comes on low when AC is on, or when temps reach 95, on high at 100 degrees. As I have got rid of the AC hopefully turning it on will just result in the low fan coming on! What do you think of that setup?