Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked
    Nice one Max, VVL FTW

What a garage, if only....

What's the plan on the fuel rail, does the Xcessive plenum come with one, not sure if you can use the stock rail? Hopefully you can, also you might need an unrated FPR if you using 740s.

All in all a nice looking build, looking forward to it all coming together

On the springs and retainers, unless you going for a higher lift cam I'm not sure of the benefits of upgrading those parts apart form adding some lightness using the Ti retainers. Would probably benefit more from having a valve job on the existing valves to improve the breathing rather than the parts, starting to upgrade the head is a slippery slope, I know, lol.

Keep the photos coming...

Liked
    The Xcessive plenum bolts straight on to the VE inlet runners, which the DE fuel rail should bolt straight into... We shall see. The VE fuel rail/system is supposed to be better in some way though.

When the head goes off for skimming and rebuilding they will do all the valve job business. Like you had said looks like I need the AEM Twin fire ignition and should set me back another 300 or so. Mayaswell re-do the whole loom with the EMS-4 while I am at it :s
    That will be a big learning curve!!!

Liked
    Cool..

The EMS4 has a full loom as an optional part, some major wiring needed for that. The electrical side of things has had me stressed out for ages on my build, should be worth the effort in the end though..

Liked
    Update
    SR20VET S15 omg-398109_10152425487715307_2099447738_n-jpg
    Most of the mechanical bits I have been missing. Just waterneck adaptor and oil pickup to arrive.

Looking for a slightly larger throttle body, around 65-70mm. Don't want all the improved flow ruined by the stock TB, and will be good for a future turbo upgrade.

The real work begins next week once I have picked up the powdercoated subframe etc. Coilovers are now pre-loaded and ready to go once the frame and arms are bushed.

Dropping off the low mileage gbx with garage D this weekend for strengthening. 250 when i px in my current box!
    Really excited about getting this underway as soon as the engine comes out!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SR20VET S15 omg-sam_0106-jpg  

Liked
    images notworking??

Liked
    Pics are looking fine to me...as per the throttle body you might want to have a look at the 70mm works engineering unit...it's cheaper than some others and it looks like a good quality item

Liked
    Not working for me, I'll let the boss know

Liked
    Well they work if you click on them

Liked
    Having done a bit more reading about response and top end power, if I can find an NA SR20 TB from an S14 or S15, or even S13 I'll get one of them. Think the increased flow from the head will be wasted with the small standard TB, but much more than 60 may affect low end and driveability.

Cheers for the help, maybe 70mm like that works engineering at a later date

http://www.sr20forum.com/turbo/188684-tb-options.html

***next day EDIT***

Been to garage D today, dropped off the gearbox and picked up an RB20 TB, 60mm, not a straight swap but correct bolt pattern.
    Last edited by Max; 19-01-2013 at 20:31.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Having done a bit more reading about response and top end power, if I can find an NA SR20 TB from an S14 or S15, or even S13 I'll get one of them. Think the increased flow from the head will be wasted with the small standard TB, but much more than 60 may affect low end and driveability.

Cheers for the help, maybe 70mm like that works engineering at a later date

http://www.sr20forum.com/turbo/188684-tb-options.html

***next day EDIT***

Been to garage D today, dropped off the gearbox and picked up an RB20 TB, 60mm, not a straight swap but correct bolt pattern.
    Fine mate, I actually thought the bigger the tb te lower the response, but thought it was for something in the 80-90 or so...now that I know I tjink I'll stick with my NA tb....cheers