Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked
    I like that 4 in 1 gauge!! How much and do you get the sensors with it?

S15 spec R Pearl yellow - Sold
    New JDM wagon.... Nissan Cube Autech Rider

Liked
    109 + 6 postage, no customs.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1109362973...84.m1497.l2649
    Comes with all sensors, but not the sandwich plate or the housing for the rad temp sensor.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Depo-Racing-...7482548&sr=8-1

If you can i'd get a smaller sandwich plate if possible as our filter is really on the smaller side so not so much contact area for both faces, and use sealant on the threads. Have stopped the leak on mine though, just not quite exactly what I'd have liked.

Liked
    Xmas came early today
    SR20VET S15 omg-img_5718-jpgSR20VET S15 omg-img_5717-jpg
    To go with all this that has been building up. Just need it blasted and coated before bushing
    SR20VET S15 omg-img_5720-jpgSR20VET S15 omg-img_5719-jpg
    And got this for when mine goes bang. Exedy Hyper Single
    SR20VET S15 omg-img_5722-jpg

Liked
    SR20VET S15 omg
    @Peglio13
    should be a good set up when this little lot is on!!

Liked
    SR20VET S15 omg-collage-jpg
    New inspiration and desktop wallpaper!!!

Totally my idea of S15 performance. The winner of the 2002 GT300 Japanese Grand Touring Car Championship
    http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...mpionship_car/

Liked
    This weekend update
    If your car sounds like a tractor and you arent making boost, this is what you need:
    SR20VET S15 omg-548626_10152110046335307_697542171_a-jpg

Nice copper gaskets from conceptua, all studs and nuts from DB Power. Got new turbo inlet and outlet gaskets too. Why not afterall, the turbo will be out anyway.

Also, new actuator as I think mine is stuffed and contributing to the boost issue.

Because my current cat is stuffed from months of overfueling because of the boost leak, so will be fitting the sports cat, with a (not pictured) wideband boss, ready for when I get an Innovate wideband in a few months.

With the flexi that is going in the downpipe, or thoughts invited here, cut the bottom of the elbow and the top of the downpipe and have it welded between, eliminating a gasket, and giving me the room to shorten the downpipe to stop anthing scraping??

Liked
    Taking the plunge, car comes off the road after next weekend for the winter. I have a very special work area to say the least, just half an aircraft hangar and a brilliant motor club to help out.

When it is on the road (in time for japfest of course) it will be all refreshed underneath and in the engine bay and with a certain va va VVL to boot.

Fortunately I have friends who know what they are doing, I just have the ideas and the donkey hours.

Alot of people may question the choice to go to all the effort of VVL for a daily but as I see it, I'll have heaps of low down torque to get me going off the line and power right up to a much higher red-line (even though the std turbo will be out of puff I think). More useable power over a wider powerband, better economy, and scope for a real track machine in the future once it isn't a daily.

Look forward to some interesting developments in the not too distant future...

Liked
    SR20VET S15 omg
    @Peglio13

Max's Street S15

I can see where this is going. This will never be a daily again lol look forward to seeing progress not this dude!

Liked
    Time to elaborate on the build. Have spent the last few months researching what I need vs what I want for a VVL build. As the aim is to build a super daily as Mr Nissan could have/ should have made.

Here is the SR16VE head cleaned up.
    SR20VET S15 omg-imag0095-jpg
    It will be sent off next month to be properly skimmed + rebuilt. I had the inlet runners and a VE oil pump supplied with it fortunately as they are pretty difficult to get hold of, especially the runners.
    SR20VET S15 omg-imag0094-jpg

Here are the latest bits to arrive from JDM land. Should have a firm but comfortable ride. These will go with the HKS Hipermax Performers, Whiteline ARB's, and Energy Suspension everything else. The car will remain on standard arms but all newly powdercoated along with powdercoated subframe and knuckles. I'll lower as far as we can get away with on standard adjustment settings.
    SR20VET S15 omg-sam_0044-jpg

Here is the garage where the work will take place. I'd like to call it my garage but it is actually RAF Shawbury motor club. Best forces motor club by a long way. Air tools, welding gear, 2 + 4 post ramps, the list goes on and on.
    SR20VET S15 omg-sam_0021-jpg

Waiting for delivery of this lot from G-spec in the states:
    Xcessive Plenum with IACV fitting
    Pulley Spacer
    SR16/20VE Gasket kit
    Cometic Headgasket 1.5mm
    Supertech Valve seals
    Mazworx Solenoid Relocation Kit + lines
    Mazworx Water neck kit
    Mazworx RWD Oil pickup
    Crank angle sensor from a Maxima (needs modding)
    More EnergySuspension Poly grease
    Piston ring set
    ARP headstuds
    Final bits I will need are:
    AEM EMS-4 ECU
    740cc Injectors
    more pipework to fit my Greddy FMIC

Work that I will have to get done elsewhere should be the rebuild of the head, and skimming the block.
    I'll have all the gear and parts and a friend with the knowledge to rebuild the rest but the VVL system is worth taking to an expert.
    I'll have to sort out the bastardisation of the old Maxima CAS, to make it work like an SR20VE 20v CAS (couldn't find the 20v one and maxima was ALOT cheaper)
    Coilpacks wise I will be swapping to Honda CBR 1000 coils and selling on the S15 splitfires
    The AEM EMS-4 standalone seems ideal and usually comes with its own loom. I am rubbish with auto electrics though! Was getting seriously pissed off just wiring in my Innovate Wideband.

Moving on to transmission I have Craig's old spare 6 speed with very few miles. Thinking about cryogenically treating gears and having the circlip mod done. Perhaps garage-d will take my current gearbox as part exchange for the work Finally got an Exedy Hyper Single clutch to go in too, will probably want a braided line for that too.

While everything is out I'll blast and re-seal the underneath and should end up with a pretty Ninja car Just sticking with the standard turbo for now but the VE head should give me a good deal more torque and power throughout the increased rev-range.

**addition**
    VE exhaust ports have a different stud layout so for now will modify my japspeed manifold and see how that goes. Not going to smash up my dream Tomei manifold that i do not own yet.

Last thing I have to decide on now is to get BC uprated springs and retainers. I know it is a good idea but this month I am maxxed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SR20VET S15 omg-sam_0023-jpg  
    Last edited by Max; 25-12-2012 at 21:38.

Liked
    SR20VET S15 omg
    @Peglio13

Max's Street S15

Your a bad man!!! Making me want to do this to mine now ha ha ha ha!!
    Awesome workspace you have there dude! Looking forward to seeing this all up and running!! Should be epic