What's new

Jay-pan's HKS powered S15

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well been lurking know a few members of here, so its about time I did some show and tell. My names Josh and I work at Muller Dairy as an engineer (yes free yogurts!!) now owned Jap cars for the last 3years started with a Glanza V then a Colt CZT running 240bhp now a S15.

Anyways heres the spec when i purchased it as a fresh import back in May. (Awesome Day)

• [*=left]HKS GT RS Turbo
    [*=left]HKS 3" Down-pipe

[*=left]HKS Actuator

[*=left]HKS (RSK) Performance Air Filter

[*=left]HKS Hard Pipe Kit

[*=left]HKS SSQV BOV

[*=left]HKS Hipermax D Suspension

[*=left]HKS Adjustable Parcel shelf Dampers

[*=left]Anodised blue locking collars

[*=left]Z32 (300ZX) MAF sensor
    [*=left]Nismo 555cc Injectors
    [*=left]Nismo PRO-Spec 2.6" Cat back Exhaust

[*=left]Stainless Steal Tubular Manifold

[*=left]CUSCO Adjustable Tension Rods

[*=left]SARD Quick Change Oil Filter

[*=left]KOYO Oil Cooler with EARLS Braided Hose Lines and fittings
    [*=left]DEFI Oil,Water,Pressure Gauges

[*=left]2 Way Differential
    [*=left](Top Secret) Gold Rocker Cover

[*=left]18" R34 GTR Alloys (reps)

Now i wanted something that i could put my name on not that everyone could be like "oh thats so and so old S15" also wanted one visually standard so i could put my own touch on it. Anyways few pictures when i got it.

Excuse the arch cap now sorted :)

Defi!

The soul to the machine

On a journey to wales!

All clean

Little acceleration shot

So the first thing i did was get it down to the rolling road day and find out if it was running okay the below chart...

Now the graph was really smooth and power delivery was spot on downsides were running at 0.5 bar of boost due to two boost leaks, had a standard fuel pump, and a standard WMIC which meant it was leaning out at high rpm. So now was time to buy some mods (180bhp on the day)

FIrst was the FMIC (Japspeed) had a hell of game fitting this due to one of the outlets on the cold pipe in the end i fabricated it at work

Fitted...

Next was the fuel problem so here we go...

Old vs New

After this it started feeling a hell of a lot better i managed to sort the boost leaks and then went on to purchasing other mods (spent out now). Decided to get the suspension set up correctly as it seemed a bit all over the shop and i was right..

Crap picture (sorry)

I then decided to purchase a decent alarm so went for the TOAD Ai606 and then from a fellow member on here bough a carbon cooling panel...

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Next i decided to clean up the headlights..

and fit the HIDs 6000k...

After this i decided i wanted a private plate, luckily my grandad offered to give me his not so cheap one as a 21st birthday preset...

Now the car was running fine till one day it started to run on three cylinders so the JDM thing to do...upgrade time so i got these...

And all fitted with purple heat shrink and stainless cap heads...

I decided to make something and came up with these...

Finished...

Last edited:

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Theres so much i want to do but until my bank account recovers i decided to just tidy up a bit and ended up undersealing, cleaning the suspension, wash the inside and rewire the Z32 MAF sensor...

Not a bit of rust anywhere

Still like new!

Nice and purple

I don't just hoover

Now i started noticing that my cars 2way was very aggressive so after speaking to a member on here i purchased this...

Home made pump makes it much easier, and now no more aggressive locking sounds much better.

Lots more to do but this is it for now next up 3" exhaust, remap, vertex kit. Hope you enjoy :)

Jay

Reaction score
good looking car, well cared for too! personally im not sure on the wheels, i nearly bought a set myself but the bloke pulled out of the sale on the day i was going to get them. kinda worked out for the best though as i love my current wheels!

looking forward to seeing where you go with this in future, as it seems you do the jobs properly and dont cut corners!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Jay, yes i am bit of a detail freak haha. So far sprayed the brackets for the radiator purple and the idle control valve, few more plans. Also i am still in two minds with the rims they look a lot better in person but i would love some new rims.

Thanks Alex, got a few more ideas coming up like to put my own touch on everything :)

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well been a bit quite on here but thats down to me waiting on my bodykit to arrive. Iv purchased the Vertex front bumper and side skirts just waiting for them to be finished.

Anyways in the mean time i just focused on doing small things, I started with the oil cooler the one i have on the car is a KOYO but is a bit too big 13row and wont fit in above my intercooler pipe so ordered a new one. No fancy make just a 10row.

Next was the gauges i really like the DEFI ones but i was after some with peak warning but didn't want to go crazy on price so got these which are brilliant. Anyone thinking of getting gauges these are ace and for the price cant complain.
\

And managed to get my private plate put on which really hides the cars age...

Will hopefully get the kit soon and booked into have the car fully undersealed ready for winter. :)

CMR

Reaction score
Country
I presume they are the set warning buttons, as unlike Defi's they don't have a control unit.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Yer as CMR said fruitbooter. They control peak, warning settings, sound settings and allow you to pick the 7 different colours or put it on flashing cycle where it goes through all colours. They are now located at the right of each one on the side of the dash can get pictures if you want? very nice gauges.

Had a text to say my kit is being finished of so should hopefully have it this week :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Gotta love a bit of OCD. If I was a bit more capable I like to think I'd have more bits like yours.
I have just got Depo's fitted too. Slightly fewer though, just boost and a 4in1 oil press, oil temp, water temp and voltmeter. Very happy with the quality too, and they fit very nicely in the dash vents.

Reaction score
Country
Yer as CMR said fruitbooter. They control peak, warning settings, sound settings and allow you to pick the 7 different colours or put it on flashing cycle where it goes through all colours. They are now located at the right of each one on the side of the dash can get pictures if you want? very nice gauges.

Had a text to say my kit is being finished of so should hopefully have it this week :)
Oh okay cool!

Well I think if I get some ill have to set them up and then hide them behind the gauges so they are out of the way!

Either way they look great anyway and for half the price of defi's you cant go wrong :D

Where did you order yours from btw?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Ebay mate, cheapest place i could find. Well this is how they look now with the little touch boxes on the side...

I suppose once you set it up how you want you can put them behind the gauges but deciding a colour is to hard haha. They do another gauge same style only light up white in the day red at night but have no peak warning so come with no controller boxes cheaper as well i think.

Cheers Max Im an Engineer by trade so always taking things apart and trying to make them better haha. But yer they fit ace into the vents so surprised how well they fitted.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
**UPDATE**

Well had a slight problem where my water pipe split so ordered some braided ones but still waiting on them after nearly three weeks, so TIG welded the old one up at work and put it back on for the time being. Also still waiting on my body kit, purchased it off Carbonkit on here but still no sign of it just keep getting told it will be ready soon.

So as i was wanting for something to do to the car managed to get a set of 50/50 rear lights for £90 quid which i was very happy with here they are fitted....

Now i decided to tint the rear triangle out on the spoiler but wanted a bit of a silver/chrome look so sprayed a layer of silver paint then went over with tint spray think it turned out well...

And while the car was off the road gave it a full detail, clay,wax,polish ready for winter time gets undersealed next week...

Just want my body kit and braided hoses to hurry up and get here.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
**UPDATE**

Finally my Vertex lang body kit arrived!!!, my braided hose lines and a new part as i bent the old ooppss.

Vertex kit...

Only managed to get the sides fitted so will get more pics on the weekend...

Looks so good!

Sits nice and wide with the R34 rims gives off a good stance i think...

Braided hose lines...

And fitted...

Finally my oopssiee...

Enjoy :)

Reaction score
Looking pretty sweet, mate. Only just seen this after a while and a lot has changed, I much prefer the 50/50 lights. I had them on my S15 and they're one of the better looking rear lights out there, as I hate the Lexus and led style ones.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Adam, yer totally agree makes the rear look very clean and fresh :) but your not helping every time i look at your thread i keep thinking of getting an evo!

Reaction score
Lol, stick with it, mate. Get it mapped for a bit more boost on that turbo and you'll be laughing!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Yer going to see what potential this turbo has when mapped. But think it may be an evo next on the list after the S15 :thumbs: