What's new

Jay-pan's HKS powered S15

Reaction score
Country
evos are so cool there a 4 door family saloon car that's a rally car but is a super car i mean we all no what they do round the tracks and there beat most super cars that are 5,,,, 6,,,,, 7 times as much and not as practical not as economical and not as reliable, oh yea and not as good looking, i was so close to getting an evo cause its just crazy what you get for your money

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Haha luke trying to get me to keep the S15 :p i have been to look at an Evo X FQ and the new STI saloon today, must say both are awesome cars.

Thanks Stuka

Reaction score
Country
haha the choice of jap cars is so much hay lol it would be ok if they made just one good jap car but then that's what makes them so great and i tell you what keeps catching my eye is the new Toyota gt86 if its RWD then what's it like at drifting hehe :rotfl:. gods honest truth stuka i dont no what i would choose an evo scooby or silvia some times i wish i had a evo but love the silvia but nothing beats the boxter beat of a scooby, i have a scooby drive past my work everyday at 4.30 and i cant see it but no its a scooby cause of the boxter beat :)

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
** UPDATE **

Well got the front bumper and side skirts properly fitted and letting them settle in before they get resprayed pictures below...

Looking mean!...

As well as doing the kit i fitted my new oil cooler...

Finally after three weeks my HKS earthing kit arrived JDM goodness...

Purple yum...

Few shots when i was filling up...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
iam really liking your s15 mate it has a special touch and ive always loved HKS i just think there the best and really really like that you've used nothing but HKS :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
How did the skirts line up where they meet the door may I ask mate? Also can't see any rivets, are they just sealed on, really need to fit mine but didn't really know how! :(

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Luke, i love the HKS brand as well something about it that seems so special proper JDM. I try to use as much HKS parts as possible just so damn expensive!

Ollie, where they meet the door i haven't noticed any problems, just a few stress marks while there settling in. There screwed on mate, got two screws on the front wheel arch, three in the inner door, two on the rear arch. Once sprayed i will just put some 3M double sided tape along the edges. Just mark out and drill holes, but once the holes have been drilled put some sealant in the holes to stop rust. Can just be sealed on but i had holes left from where it looks like skirts were removed.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Just waiting on the front bumper to be done ended up selling the one i had and got a vertex ridge, but how it looks with side skirts and rear bumper on feel with rims and kit looks really wide and mean...

Reaction score
Country
looks nice, makes me wanna fit mine. Ridge front bumper? Or full kit? If it's just the bumper will it fit?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers, Get yours on, whats stopping you? could do with two pairs of hands to fit the skirts but nice and easy.
Well test fitted and lined up okay, think its been modified to fit with standard wings but looks good, will post pics soon as its on.

Probably is but for £20 quid cant complain looks good and works! at the end of the day its only some cable so sack paying £60+ for a set.

Last edited:
S

s15gt

I agree i made my own earthing wire system out of 8gage wire.
worked well. There is one small earth wire from the coilpack loom that is then mounted to a bracket behind the engine and that is then earthed to the firewall.
Thats worth removing and upgrading to your new earth wire system

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I agree i made my own earthing wire system out of 8gage wire.
worked well. There is one small earth wire from the coilpack loom that is then mounted to a bracket behind the engine and that is then earthed to the firewall.
Thats worth removing and upgrading to your new earth wire system
One step ahead of you ;) that was where i mounted the first cable. Seems to work well with the splitfire coil packs.

S

s15gt

now that that's done and you have splitfires you can run a larger spark plug gap.
I run a hks gtrs at 20psi and a 1.15mm gap with splitfires and hks twin power.

the tuners gapped me down to 0.8mm origionaly while mapping but idle was very average.
I since gapped them back upto 1.15mm and idle sweet with a better bottom end and slightly better fuel economy.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Thats what will be next, just waiting on a new exhaust then going to be going for a full mapping session see what i get hoping will be around the 340-360bhp mark.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well a lot has taken place over the past few months, ready for mapping soon as i get myself a boost controller so can get the full potential of the HKS GT RS. Whats been fitted is...

* Trust (RACE ONLY) exhaust system
* XXR staggered alloys in dark gold
* Full Vertex kit now sprayed and on!

To be fitted...
* Suede steering wheel
* Bride seats
* Boost controller
* Double Din tv screen
* Dmax Roof spoiler
* Wide front fenders
* Arches rolled