What's new

James' S15

Reaction score
Country
Is it worth it at this stage on the standard ECU?

It will be a few weeks before I can get the, FMIC, upgraded fuel pump, injectors, AFM and spark plugs. And then that's not worth putting in and mapping before I've got a decent clutch surely? As that'd be the month after pay before I can afford it unless I get a second hand one?

Reaction score
Country
I'm gonna do the FMIC as soon as I get the money.

The other parts I'll wait until I have them all and get them all done at the same time. So that's:

740cc injectors
better plugs
better fuel pump
Z32 AFM
uprated clutch

Then I will need the ECU to put it all in and remap.

As I think that's gonna cost me a couple grand and I don't have that much money to play with, If I could get all that for a grand I'd do it this month with the FMIC

Reaction score
Country
Time for a little update, decided to spruce up my interior, got more steering wheel bits on the way so I will do another little update when I have them, as for now the painting…

First off I took out the dash parts I wanted to sort out, this took about 30-35 minutes due to not doing it before, once they were out I sanded them down, using 3 different sandpapers getting finer each time finishing with wet and dry.

Then there was the primer to spray. I did 3 coats of primer using Halfords grey primer (all the cans of primer paint and lacquer were from Halfords.) Here’s a couple pictures of Coat 1 and 3.

Coat 1

Coat 3

Next was to Spray, easy enough, did a few coats, I used a hairdryer to dry the coats to do this relatively quickly, around 10 mins between coats:

For the rising sun box I used a bit of cardboard to cut out the shape I wanted and then sprayed the red over the white when it was dry. I heated up the paint once again and then I started the lacquer when I was sure it was dry, I did a few coats of this and hey presto, the results:

Still a few plans for it, I want to do around the vent grey rings white, and I have a 330mm suede steering wheel, with HKB boss and D1 quick release all on their way that should come this week.