What's new

Mintys wide spec r

Jay

Reaction score
hey bud, nice to meet you down at modified nationals this weekend, not many s15's down there, i counted 5 including paul smiths japspeed drifter. then again i guess thats a lot for this kind of show!

Reaction score
Website
www.southcarclub.co.uk
Country
Yeah nice meeting you. Yeah didnt really exspect to see that many 15s there. Only really go to nationals for the camping and the drive up its a shame that they dont have an decent car demos

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Website
www.southcarclub.co.uk
Country
Havent been on here for a while so thought i better update on the car. Couple of months ago had the rotas done in neon yellow and replaced the old tired wheel nuts with some long red jdm ones also had a dmax roof spoiler fitted but the plebs that fitted it messed it up and i pulled it off before it fell off and should have it back on again soon as its a bit of a waste to have a £140 piece of fibreglass laying in the garage. Also got a teigwa tow hook on the front now. Soooo......

Went pod

Did some drifting

Oil Cooler decided to give up

It started to rain
Couldnt get the cooler off so had to try stop the leak as much as we could to get home. Had to stop at every service station on the way home a top the oil up. Took the cooler off the day after

New skid wheels 17" 9.5j Rota slipstreams

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.southcarclub.co.uk
Country
Trax

Random pic i found

So after trax and a drift day at pod i was told i had to take the car off the road over the winter by my misses as she was to scared i might die on the terrible roads. So i did. whipped is the word that comes to mind :annoyed: instead she decided to buy me an mx5 for £400. Bless her and her choice. Rwd, convertible and still does less than 30mpg and could be destroyed by someone throwing a stone at it. After putting coilies and some cheap wheels on it it actually wasnt a bad car and was quite fun to skid on some of the quiet roads i have to drive to get to work but it just wasnt the same and the fact that it wasnt safer i persuaded her to let me have the 15 back on the road. So its back on the road .

Have a problem atm that the heater doesnt work which is pretty annoying as it steams up. Checked everything i can think of. Is there a relay for the heater? theres no power going to the control unit but ive check the loom and fuses but everything is ok.

Got a dwyb day at pod on the 26th and want to get it sorted for then hopefully

Reaction score
Country
cool car dude! can i ask , how is your dmax boot spoiler attached?? i got one from japan for christmas and i cant really fugure whats the best way to fit it

Reaction score
Website
www.southcarclub.co.uk
Country
cool car dude! can i ask , how is your dmax boot spoiler attached?? i got one from japan for christmas and i cant really fugure whats the best way to fit it
It got three bolts with washers and nuts holding it on but my boot is fibreglass so im not sure if that makes a differance

S15 is looking sweet. Love the rims :) Awesome colour!
Cheers took me a long time to get the colour i wanted

Reaction score
Website
www.southcarclub.co.uk
Country
So i did what spray tec took a week to do in 30mins. Total twats.

So i power filed off all the old crappy bond that they used

Also power filed the windscreen so it actually had something to key to

Also filed the under side a littke more so it had a indentation for the tiger seal to fit in to give it a better sitting position

All done. That wasnt so hard was it!

Reaction score
Website
www.southcarclub.co.uk
Country

Yeah...... So i crashed it.

To cut a long story short i brought it back off my insurers and got more for the car than what i paid for it so it hasnt been all to bad.

Just in the process of rebuilding it and its almost done.

Its had a full new dmax type 3 bodykit as before as i want a vertex ridge kit but couldnt be bothered to wait and pay that much. New fmic, rear lower arms and toe rods.

There wasnt alot of damage done to the car really but the price of the head lights and respray are what wrote it off mostly.

She wont be on the road for a while but will hopefully make the drift day on the 15th of may at santa pod.

Also ive now stripped alot of the interior and have started on the big job of moving the loom to inside the engine bay

Reaction score
Website
www.southcarclub.co.uk
Country
Loom is all relocated now and thank god thats all over and everything works. 180 joins to relocate and lengthen the loom to inside the engine bay.

Finally got some side repeaters at last to fill the holes in the arches

Glad to finally of sourced some headlights which required some wiring as the old wires from the car got a bit messed up in the crash. Car looks sweet now with some headlights and are in far better conditions than the ones i had before

Rear bumper sorted

And some yellow headlights just for a change

Have also fitted the skirts now which was a bit of a job as they were miles out and required a lot of adjustment. Dmax boot spoiler has be fixed and fitted along with trying to get the bonnet back into shape.

Left to do

Drill out bonnet bolts and fit new ones
Fit bulbs
Sort interior out
Fix drivers door
Give it a bloody good wash
Get it moted and taxed then on the road
After that decide whether i want to spray the body kit the same colour or give it a whole respray and what colour????

Anyone know of a good alignment place in the south east for lowered cars?

Reaction score
Website
www.southcarclub.co.uk
Country
One of those things that will make life alot easier once done but it takes forever and is bloody boring. Glad its done now and should hopefully never have to re visit it. Your heart stops the first time you turn it over hoping youve got all the wires matched up properly.