What's new

Shorty's S15 Banana

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
WARNING... I'm pretty picture heavy...

So I've decided to make a little build thread, im quite a noob at this so hopefully you can bare with me...

About two weeks ago Mint and me went down South to pick up my new 15, its Spec S and took about 9/10 hours to drive down to get her... Long drive there, awesome drive back up! Pretty much standard. I let Mint drive it for 5 minutes and he was gutted to get out and back into the BMW for the rest of the 8 hours we had left to drive, at least he had something good to look at!

This is her on the way back up...

By shortys15

Had quite a vibration from around 60-70mph so I got my mate to balance the wheels and one was way off and now feels lots better ^_^

First thing I did was clean up the lights as you'll know they can get pretty foggy. I have cleaned them up properly, just a little once over which will do until I have more time. So it was like this...

By shortys15

Then I did this... and got distracted by la cat...

By shortys15

Which made it turn out like this! :)

By shortys15

By shortys15

As I'm Mints girlifriend I've really got used to being in cars that are on the deck, my Mazda I used to park at the bottom of my road for a bit because I could not get her over the speedbumps... had to raise her slightly for practicality... So next thing to do naturally was sort out the 4x4 look.

By shortys15

Nice and new over old and kinda rough

By shortys15

Greased em up so will hopefully not have too many problems with them...

By shortys15

And by the time it was done it was 3.30am and snowing (in May, really?!) Had a bit of rake going on which was kind of lame and made me scrape up the speedbumps and smack of my drive as it has a stupid angle to get on to it. So the next day when I got two new tyres, as the old ones were past on their way out, the boys in the tyre bay where I used to work were nice enough to let me in the bay and adjust the back up a little.
Higher then I would like at the moment but I'm going to leave it like it is until I buy some new wheels then I will get them set up exactly how I want them. Which might take a while as I have expensive taste...dammit.

So at the moment she looks like this -

By shortys15

I've got lots of plans and ideas of things to do, I'm waiting on some Yashio Factory stuff to turn up soon. Hopefully I'll get everything done ^_^ Just might take awhile saving the pennies!! Needs a fair bit of TLC to make her as clean as I want her..

Current problem is this...

By shortys15

Which is getting sorted on Monday thank gawd...Not the littlest of cracks...

So thats it for now!

XxX

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Love yellow S15's. You should really clean and rust proof the crap out of the car before it gets attacked. Wish the 1st owner of mine did.
Had the exact windscreen problem when i went to pick up mine, replacement came from japan on the previous owner's insurance fortunately. Good job it's not cold and you don't need the heater.

Good luck!

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Thanks guys ^_^ thats what i thought, good base as nothings really been done so get to put my own mark on. dont plan on driving this in winter... My mazda i did and i dont want it looking like that... haha. x

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Just a teeny update.. nothing much but hey ho. I got a new gear stick. Pretty little Yashio Factory one :)

I also bought a Yashio Factory gaiter but I'm not gonna put that in yet because I'm waiting on my carbon fibre dash surround to turn up. ^_^

Thought I'd also share a photo of my car and my bosses car... NOM

The last photo is up at the Elgin Show n Shine where I was on the Team Beard stand and we won! woo!

Hopefully get the surround soon so I can get that and the gaiter in!

^_^

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Nice :) where did you get the Yashio gaitor and gear stick from if you don't mind me asking please?

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
My headlights still arent perfect and i still need to take them out and have a proper go at them but so far all ive done is use some rubbing compound, just some cheapy stuff from halfords, a damp cloth and rub over the top of the lights. :)
i did do it quite a lot of times and it did look worse before it got better! Just dont scrub really hard or anything just circular motion over and over and over and over again... haha! Easy to do tho ^_^
dont go onto the paint and make sure the cloth stays damp! :) x

Reaction score
Country
looking good!

only thing I'm not sure about is the strange welded on back box??? saw that a lot in Thailand so maybe am Asian thing?

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Yeah its pretty random Jites!! Ill get a whole new one sometime soon i think to make it sound sweeter. :)

Do you guys not use the word nom?

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Haha! I use nom all the time to describe if i think a car looks super yummy. Think it might be an Aberdeen thing tbh!! Plus Mints my other half, its all good!! ^_^ got more updates a coming soon!!

Reaction score
Country
Haha! I use nom all the time to describe if i think a car looks super yummy. Think it might be an Aberdeen thing tbh!! Plus Mints my other half, its all good!! ^_^ got more updates a coming soon!!
It's not.

Meddler just lives under a proverbial [Ayers] rock. (Burn at being Australian :D )

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Photos!! ^_^

So when my battery died I stole a friends which was beautiful... :p

So I got one that fitted properly and terminals all the right way around etc etc

My dash surround in (no stereo in as need to take it all off to take the dash out so at the moment the stereo is kinda chilling on the edge so I can have some music?

As you can see in the above photo the problem with my actual dash. The holes... But this weekend I plan on taking my other dash I have back to smoooooth and painting it like dark purple or something then get the boys to play with that one ^

The steering wheel I had in the Mazda now in the 15 :)

And because...Japan...

So that was just a teeny update.
My intake pipe has a masive slash in it so thats currently taped and cable tied in place for now to... I'll get around to it soon...

Last edited: