What's new

Shorty's S15 Banana

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
So, a little update...

I've never been too happy with my rear lights as they were pretty sketchy. It sometime didnt look like my lights were on, this is why I still had the OEM wing on as it has an obvious brake light.

I got a new job in December so because of this I got a pay and a half meaning I could finally buy a few bits!

Contacted Jesse Streeter and got me the fully smoked LED Dmax lights, Dmax Roof wing and Dmax boot wing.
So literally less then a week after paying for everything a box full of awesome turned up!

Opened it up...

Yey! The third wing was Mints wing, his christmas present. :)

Last week decided to fit them with Fruit and my Dad. It of course wasn't 100% straight forward, the plugs didnt really fit properly. The LED's would flicker so it seemed the connection was loose.

So we decided to cut off the plugs and soulder (sp?) them together...

So after that bit of faff and my dad being very useful at souldering we got it finished and I really do like them.

I will be getting the wings painted in the next couple of weeks so I will be able to put them on soon to.

Also been slowly saving for wheels to and I'm halfway, yey! So hopefully wont be too long until I get them! The ones I want aren't ridiculously expensive thank christ. haha.

^_^

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Haha its not a stripper pole!! Believe me, Mint was excited about it to until he sees im in shorts and tee gettin stuck upside down. Haha. I cant dance, its all fitness :)

Had a good drive to work this morning and got to really hear what my exhaust sounds like, sounds a lot more refined but still burbles and pops so i am happy :)

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Haha its not a stripper pole!! Believe me, Mint was excited about it to until he sees im in shorts and tee gettin stuck upside down. Haha. I cant dance, its all fitness :)

Had a good drive to work this morning and got to really hear what my exhaust sounds like, sounds a lot more refined but still burbles and pops so i am happy :)

Reaction score
Country
Haha, now all you need to do is advance your ignition timing and you will be super fast like me lol
well for an na that is

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Car looks good with the new lights, I like the number plate as well lol :D

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Haha thanks! My Dad got it for me as part of the deal of him buying my MX5! haha!

My wheels turned up on Friday to but first im going to have to move my loom out the way, figure what tyre size i want, and get my arches made fat! Haha!

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
I

They look like this...

So they are super shiny and lovely!! I dont plan on putting them on anytime soon as the weather is so balls. Need to wait until the snow and crap goes... see how long that is.

I also just got back my boot and roof wings back from Stevie B who painted them, did an amazing job!!

Just need to take off the old wing, fill in the holes and put them on! Dunno how to fill the holes in yet as you guys know what im like, I like clean clean clean.
Then I will be happy for awhile :)

However draw back is that I was in hospital on Friday and I have Bells Palsey so i cant drive as I cant see right now and the left side of my face is paralysed. Signed off work, so far for two weeks then they are gonna see if I can see! Excuse the no make up face, its too hard to do my make up right now.

Just paid for my tax as well... Going to have to Mint to drive it every so often so it keeps going happily.

Last edited:

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Cars gona look awesome with the new wheels.

Hope you get well soon shorty.

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
I can drive again! yey! I'm off until next week so took off my wing today

I never realised there were so many holes in the boot for the oem wing... but meh, its staying off and ill get it resprayed eventually. Gonna wait until a warmer day to put the wings on so they stick firmly.

It looks like this at the moment

Stupid holes...

but next purchase will be after payday on 15th... tyres... then arches rolled, wheels fitted!