What's new

Shorty's S15 Banana

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Konnichiwa! Teeny update...

I got my second dash a while back thanks to this forum so started to smooth it all out...

This...

By shortys15 at 2012-08-16

Then a layer of paint I think this was...

By shortys15 at 2012-08-16

Its just black because when I went hunting for colours they were all pretty rubbish... so its just black but I think it will look nice in regardless...
There are a few more layers now of paint but havent taken any more photos!
Also the Silvia badge wont be black, its just covered in tape at the moment ^_^

I am hoping to get it in pretty soon, before NDC if possible but I dunno if that will happen with the amount of stuff going on.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I Was tempted to do mine a nice metallic black will look really nice when it's done ;) think gloss black always looks good

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Looks nice that. Mine has a few scratches that will only go away if I refurb the whole lot. Being very picky though, they are only really small lol!

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Soooo... 'My wife' and me got bored on Saturday so decided to finally take out the dash... It was easier then I expected it to be thanks to Peggers! I even did it in a skirt. Haha. I found the photos Kat took of how we were fitting things and taking them apart as Im gonna presume it is probably not how you guys would do it... Totally not black... Sorry about the rubbish quality in the photos.

Is this not how you guys work on your car? Haha

Then Mint turned up after we had taken everything apart and were kind of helpful putting it back together :p

Then Sunday I decided to finish of the rest of the dash.

So now its all purple and pretty :)

Im going to make it more sparkly though because I wanna :)

Last edited:

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Oh yeah I also forgot a few bits...

This is Kat :) However you boys on Driftworks... I know youve seen more...

A couple of weeks ago I was chilling at Leiths so did some cleaning from this

To this

Also the weekend of BDC Mint and me went to Garys where his Toyota pooped and my Nissan kept going... weird.
But Gary fixed my crankshaft seal for me and we undersealed la Car :)

Reaction score
Country
I saw this at knockhill, I was the guy who just came up and started talking to you. With hind-sight that was maybe quite creepy so sorry about that. Anyway the cars looking good, what rear lights have you got?

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Nah I was happy you came and said hey! I had the dash sitting on my back seat at BDC to :p
I had a little nosey around your car to after you came up and said hey, I've never seen a black one actually infront of me, looks pretty damn clean!
TBH they look like DMAX lights but I'm pretty sure they are just cheap knock offs which I plan on replacing to actual DMAX ones. Or the Yashio Smoked Ones... Slight crush on those after seeing the Pink S15 at BDC...

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
This weekend I needed a roof for painting.. so I stole my friends MASSIVE garage

So I wasnt intending on doing Sparkles... but then I saw sparkles... aaaaand needed them... I really like it ^_^ This dash was my first ever rattle canning I'd ever done so I dont think its too bad!

Shorty

Reaction score
Website
www.daiko.co.uk
Country
Nah we arent, its pretty far to go to an oval again. Wish they would get the go kart track sorted as that would be much better!! Ive got to fix the mx5 for its MOT to which will take awhile so... are you going? If so you should say hey to the Team Beard folk :)

Reaction score
Country
I'm getting the alignment set up Saturday morning but I'm planning on going up after that. It's only 20minutes from me, a couple of hours from you's. Are the team beard guys no based up your way too?