What's new

S15 Silvia - My new project.

Reaction score
Country
I haven't updated my build here for a long time, excuse the mess of the post I am just copy and pasting from other forums.

Made up my own downpipe/exhaust system, welds are a bit rough and ready but seem to hold just fine.

Straight through, no back box, no silencers.

Had to modify the Vband connection on the turbo to fit right, the jack bar came in handy for a nice round end.

My interior stuff finally arrived, Kevlar backed Brides etc.

Got the insides of the bonnet, boot and boot floor painted. (Door shuts etc still to be done) The colour is EXTREMELY hard to photograph to make it look right, its actually properly Teal.

and last but not least I eventually started it with the new top mount setup, new IACV too which means it finally revs correctly.

Here is a link to the video, had to turn it off as the oil was started to seep out of the feed (Turned out to not be tightened fully)

[video=facebook;10153040822845374]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153040822845374&l=4674758111630412769[/video]

Have to tidy up a few silly things and fix a couple of silly oil leaks, needs a pulley on the front as it creaks a little, but other than that she is ready to get mapped.

Some new discs:

Bit the bullet and painted the GTC's at long last, look 10x better now :)

Managed to get a few new parts too, have a KAAZ 2-way diff waiting to go in and a new 17" slim line fan.

I have been so busy in work - However busy in work only means one thing and that is more ££.

After much thinking about buying an S14 winter slider I just decided to throw some more money at the S15 instead to try and get it finished.

Started by rolling the arches out like mad to try and make the wheels fit with at least camber as possible, wrecked the arch, got the grinder out and decided I would just over fender the car.

Reaction score
Country

Bought a set of rear fenders which don't fit as well as I would like, I can't be arsed spending the time fixing them so have now pretty much got an order sorted for a full set of Origin fenders, plus roof spoiler.

Threw a few panels together to make it resemble a car and give me some inspiration, Camber is currently fully negative with the adjuster bolt out.

Bought Skyline Brakes, Solid Bushes and some Kandy Purple paint for the subframe and calipers.

Once all the new parts start arriving the car will be heading down to get painted, hopefully have it almost completed early next year.

Got a little busy with the subframe over the past few days, stripped it down, spent a life time taking the stupid original bushes and sleeves out, cleaned it all up, gave it a lick of paint then added the new arms, solid bushes and my 2way diff. Also painted my new R33 Skyline brakes.

Out with the old.

Alot of banging to get this out.

Me being a cock for snapchat.

All painted.

New arms arrived.

With the rest of the stuff painted and all together.

Just need to put my ARB in, tighten everything up and buy a new handbrake setup with some new discs.

Reaction score
Country
Alan from Driftwizards also posted my parts out to me last week, origin overfenders all around, origin roof spoiler and a new front lip.

Christmas presents to myself arrived today :)

Rear fenders are here too but nothing to set them on with lol genuine aero is 10000x better than the cheap stuff you get here. HUGE thanks to Alan Mc Crory for getting these sorted for me. First class service from Driftwizards.

Only the front lip to come now to finish the exterior.

As soon as I get the subframe back into the car I will post a picture with it all together at a respectable ride height.

So today I put the subframe back into the car and made it roll again - Awaiting my new Skyline discs/handbrake setup/lines arriving to finish this off.

Added some more strength to the inner of the wings.

Done some undersealing.

And my new 3 piece lip arrived.

So then I decided to throw it all together and see what happens. Its duck taped together, its rough, its dirty, the photos are **** and its many different colours. However its starting to take shape into something cool.

Reaction score
Country
My Skyline R33 Handbrake setup arrived along with my drilled and grooved discs all around, some nice new braided lines too.

My Skyline calipers painted.

Braided lines.

Together.

Wheel on.

Need to try and get myself some Skyline dust covers for the rear now to finish the brakes.

So for the first Saturday night in ages I managed to stay in the garage and work on the car.

Had to get the insides of the doors/shuts prepped and painted, also painted the rear panel so the overfenders could be fitted and it wont look as gash when I rip one off.

Then some paint :p

Came out quite good considering I was only painting at 1:30am.

Have built the doors back up since then, just need to put the windows back in.

It will be away very soon to have the full thing painted, just a few more things to do before that.

Reaction score
Country
Booked in for paint next month so had to pull the finger out and start fitting some things properly, rear fenders on. Fairly impressed with the fit from the Origin fenders compared to cheap ones, minimal sanding needed and we were pretty much ready to rivet straight on.

Bought myself a little present too... Holset HY35 with a 10cm rear housing, very impressive figures on a 1JZ.

Then got the internal wastegate welded shut.

And just a little blast from the past for ****s and giggles.

Started fitting the front fenders this evening and should hopefully have them finished towards the end of the week.

Reaction score
Country
Cannot wait to see this on the road and to rub doors together, get it finished asap and then you can help me with mine lol

Reaction score
Country
A small update this time, I had planned to get major progress over this weekend with the car but due to me being ill for the past week its been a no go so far.

An issue I needed to address before I went any further was the shifter for the R154, it falls to short of the Sbody tunnel, took the rear section of the box out and took it down to Alan Jones at Coleraine Radiator Centre who as usual left a fantastic job on it.

Before:

After:

Once I am feeling a little bit better I have all the bits and pieces ready to go for my new exhaust/turbo setup too. It was meant to be away for paint already but I would like to clear up these minor things first.

Reaction score
Country
An update at long last.

Things are progressing, so much so the car is pretty much ready to rock and roll and ive started tidying up wiring and actually cleaning things.

First of all I was on a mission to sort out issues with the engine not running/revving correctly and running extremely rich, out with the carb cleaner and I discovered a massive leak in the inlet gasket, removed the inlet mani (which is a bastard in the tight engine bay) and replaced the gasket. Problem solved.

When I had it stripped down I removed the turbo and once again made a new turbo oil drain, decided to tig this one up for a bit of a better finish.

Started installing some of the clutter ive had laying in my bedroom for ages.

Had the annual garage clear out...

Done some work in between to my IS200 which is for sale/swap for a diesel if anyone is interested?

Making use of the clean garage I painted my other wheels

Then some parts started arriving to get the final stages of the S15 complete, the boxes contain its brand new front lip, An6 piping and aeroquip fittings to make the power steering line (Turns out the PAS line at the moment is a piece of ****), new clamps for the FMIC piping and an AEM Uego Wideband.

Installed the wideband and decided to re-wrap my downpipe after I welded in the new bung, A full roll of exhaust wrap on this.

Cut some exhaust gaskets down to make some funky Vband gaskets.

Had a hold back with a adapter for the steering rack.

Currently waiting on my Blitz electronic boost controller, a new adapter and a couple of minor things to come before I can actually drive the thing, should hopefully have them all this week!

Reaction score
Country
Great work. Will be good to see this on the road.
Cheers Cess, call in next time you are out this way for a look!

Another update!

I had to get a new power steering like as one I made up was **** and left a nice mess on my garage floor, so after a quick hunt I found a local farm hydraulic suppliers who knocked me up a fantastic line for minimal moneys. Excuse how terrible the photo is of this!

Oldskool Blitz E-SBC installed

A boost gauge at long last, sort of running out of places to put gauges at this point!

Got a little creative with a couple of lips from another car and made myself a much sleeker subtle lip for the bumper, need to flush the middle section out but this can be done when the lip is being painted!

And last but not least this happened, which has put an ear to ear grin on my face for the past two days.

A quick burnout, stopped as there was smoke coming from the engine bay which turned out to be my heatwrap bedding in!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4COg7ljD0

Up and down the road in first gear only, metal to metal noise made me stop, turns out my 2 way needs to have a little more backlash!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzMRGio-00

Both videos are the car running with the boost controller turned down as far as possible - its an animal even still!

Next up is tearing out the diff and re-doing the side shims, finding some handbrake anchors, giving it a once over.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Cheers Cess, call in next time you are out this way for a look!
Will do. I've got a very subtle boot lip spoiler lying at my house, if you are interested? I think it might be proper Origin as its not fibrepon or anything like that. Do you a good deal ;)

Booked for round 5 yet? We're all booked providing the site I used is legit. Which isn't looking the case...

Reaction score
Country
Will do. I've got a very subtle boot lip spoiler lying at my house, if you are interested? I think it might be proper Origin as its not fibrepon or anything like that. Do you a good deal ;)

Booked for round 5 yet? We're all booked providing the site I used is legit. Which isn't looking the case...
Thanks buddy but ive got pretty much everything I need spoiler wise, just running the origin roof spoiler and no boot spoiler. Know a boy who may be interested though? John O.

Yea, hotel is booked just need to buy the tickets, I can't wait! Green Isle? Bring on the beer!