What's new

S15 Silvia - My new project.

Reaction score
Country
Havent updated this in a little while, so I am just going to copy and paste from Driftworks.

This arrived the other day as a donor for the gearbox, managed to pick it up for £700 delivered to my door (From London) which was a bargain considering the price of these gearboxes now days.

A day after arriving at my house it looked like this..

Also earlier in the week I whipped out the SR20DE from the S15.

Nice R154 ready to clean up

Ordered my Mounts and gearbox bellhousing yesterday so should hopefully have them here in a week, more updates to come then!

Reaction score
Country
Got a couple of presents from Thailand yesterday.

Mount kit and Bellhousing for the 1JZ>R154.

And.. Getting this tomorrow all being well..

Exedy hyper single clutch and flywheel

Reaction score
Country
A few updates, things have been slow for a little while, will hopefully be picking up the pace from here.

New front mount arrived.

Bought some new wheels, SSR Professor SP1 - 17x10 ET16 and 17x9 ET16, very good condition however I will be getting them stripped and polished instead of black.

Finally got my oil returns sorted, cut, moved and tig welded. Fits like a glove now :)

Next on the list is sorting out the engine bay, needs a few small patches welded in and it will be getting a nice fresh coat of paint, its then time to put the engine in :)

Reaction score
Country
Got a new downpipe and elbow for the turbo's, took a little bit of work to get it to fit but I got there in the end.

Mount fouled the new elbow sightly so had to trim it down a bit, painted them silver at this point also.

A few bits and bobs.

SSR's still in need of the centres stripped and polished.

Test fit on the car, obviously need alot less tyre and some arch roll.

Quick test of the paint on the engine bay before it got welded up.

Its actually alot more green than the photo shows, its pretty much exactly the colour from the side of this bus.

Engine bay is now all welded up thanks to my mate Derek, done a fab job which I will get pictures up of soon.

New steering wheel should be here mid week and hopefully have my Kevlar Brides ordered soon also.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Got the engine bay painted at long last, me and my mate Jordy spent about 10 hours today taking it through the stages, very happy with the outcome, the paint is like a mirror with very little imperfections - Not bad for a DIY job.

Rubbed down and still being stripped.

Cleaned and taped up.

Primed.

Me painting it.

First few coats of paint.

Final coat with lacquer.

Engine will be in by the end of the weekend once my gearbox bolts etc arrive.

More soon.

Reaction score
Country
nice project youve got yourself there.Will it be a daily or track only.also what sort of brake you hoping for. good start be a great motor when its done keep up the good work:nod:

Reaction score
Country
Nice work, man!

I'm doing the same thing with my s15, but I got 2jz-GTE VVT-i... Had you solved the problem of lack of space on the right side of underhood space? Where exhaust and steering meet each other. And what diameter of exhaust pipe you choosed? I got 3" pipe and I think its to small. Cause on my sr20det I had 3,5" exhaust... :cry:

Reaction score
Country
After a long time without an update I have the car back running thanks to Richard bradley for the hard work, everything is pretty much good to go, only have a slight clutch issue which I can hopefully get sorted soon.

And a small video of it running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ruqm_kSXE

A few minor issues to sort out before I can drive it right, the clutch master cylinder needs modified and the exhaust needs to be slightly higher.

Huge thanks to Richard Bradley for the top quality work getting all the bits and pieces I couldnt do done for the car.

More to come soon.

Reaction score
Country
Small update, have the car pretty much back together, managed to destroy my instrument panel in the midst of putting my dash in (Shorted it out or some ****)

Had some problems with the clutch which have now been sorted, removed the pin from the vectra master cylinder, shortened it and threaded it to allow some adjustment, also replaced the ****ed up old slave cylinder pin with something a bit longer.

Old left new right.

Raised the FMIC up some, cut the oem bumper to allow it in and looking fairly stockish.

Sold the SSR's in favor of some 18's, 18x10ET-2 and 18x9ET0 Volk GTC Face 2's, Just need smaller tyres, a little camber and repainted in silver.

Still ironing out problems with the 1JZ, think I need a new rocker cover gasket, idle control valve and a little luck lol

More to come soon.

Reaction score
Country
Sounds awesome! Wanna have smth like that with my future 3" exhaust and 5" so called "silencer" :)))
How your exhaust pipe looks under the car? And what gearbox you are using? r154? :)

Reaction score
Country
Kōsoku;123436 said:
Sounds awesome! Wanna have smth like that with my future 3" exhaust and 5" so called "silencer" :)))
How your exhaust pipe looks under the car? And what gearbox you are using? r154? :)
:D Cheers man, havent got any pictures right now as its pretty dirty but it sits a bit to low for my liking, need to modify it to sit slightly higher its about 1.5 inch off the ground and I havent even slammed it yet lol Yea R154 with Exedy clutch.

that FMIC look huge, what's it from?
Its a Supra FMIC, ebay special lol

Reaction score
Country
Right I suppose I better throw some form of an update up, I havent touched the car in recent weeks/months, this has mainly been due to generally being a lazy bastard and working on friends cars lol

I was made redundant from work on Monday so have plenty of time to do the niggly jobs on the cars which I never got at before, I started my quest today and gave the garage a good cleaning to get the S15 back in with a bit of working area for a change.

I started with this, a bit of a crazy mess and yes, the graffiti is there to offend everyone possible.

After 4/5 hours of tidying/sorting I had this.

Still have to remove the 7MGTE Engine tomorrow when I get my Engine Crane back. A new lick of paint to cover the walls too.

Anyway, enough of the Garage for now, I test fitted the Volks on the car, as you can see they poke a little, need to get less tyre, some camber and a roll to make them fit a bit better. Car is stinking from laying in a dusty garage for months.

Still having 1JZ idling issues, have a new set of plugs to fit tomorrow, plus a few other bits and pieces which will be included in the next update.

More to come.

Reaction score
great project this mate, what subframe/propshaft are you using out of interest? I'm currently selling my 98 Supra and looking at going 1JZ in a S15 too

Reaction score
Country
Okay, so after a short time of unemployment I have finally got myself into a decent job and things are looking good again, so I decided to treat the S15 to some goodies even though she treats me like ****. lol

I love boxes.

The contents.

Have the twin turbo's off already which was a complete c*nt, Now I need to get the manifold modified slightly to try and locate the wastegate somewhere as there is no space in the place it is meant to go.