What's new

Callum's S15

P

Pheonix

Body:
2000 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec - S (JDM Imported to Aus)
Full C-West Body Kit ( I believe ) with damage
Spoiler Removed and hole's filled

Engine:
SR20DE With VCT]
Obligitory POD Filter
2 x 2.5" Straight through Exhaust from Middle Muffler

Extras:
HSD Coilover's (Rear)
Tein Coilover's (Front)
17" Driftek's (with poor offset...)

Interior:
Stock (for now, looking at suede replacement's)

This is my mighty S15 so far! I've pretty much listed this in my introduction post, but here is where I'll update everything with my progress and what not.

A little history behind the car. I picked the car up for $10k AUD (abit of a rip off...) and it was the cheapest S15 I've seen. It's an Automatic SR20DE, so 9.5:1 Compression (I believe), which will come in handy when I'm ready to put boost on it :). The car has a few battle scars from previous owners, The drivers side door has been keyed twice, rear left quater has hit a pole (me thinks drift dammage), and the front bar has been driven into more gutters than a curiour van. Then there's the fading paint on the roof.

The only thing I've done to it is give it a quick wash and Install the front coil's to give me more low, but in doing this the inner of the front wheel rubbed up against the coils, so I've spaced them off with washers which makes me affraid to drive it, because I'm always afraid the front wheels come off, so that's my job for this weekend! I'm going to raise the front's back up again to give me more clearence so the wheels can be fitten properly, instead of being spaced with $1 washers from bunnings.. Then I want to go through the entire interior and give it all a proper whipe down, there's forign object's all over the place.

I'll upload some pictures later, but I'm just curious, does anyone know how to cover the dash in Suede? I've seen this done before but I haven't been able to find a proper tutorial, and I think this would be a nice touch for the interior. I'd be contemplating re-wrapping my gear knob too, then eventually the entire interior.

This all being said, I do have large plan's, but my budget is highly restricted, so I need to wait till I get my TAX back from the government in July before I can really look at spending money on the Body and Paint, but that said, I'm highly excited about being a member of this forum :) It seems quite friendly and I think I'll fit in quite well here.

S15OC!

P

Pheonix

Here's a picture I got up the mountain, see the stone chips.

And below is before I dropped it.

I'll get more pictures later :)

Last edited:
P

Pheonix

Thanks :) I feel quite welcome here, and I've been looking for a good forum to join :)

My long term goal is to rebuild this motor or buy a worked one (rebuild will be cheaper) and turn it into a track sleeper.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I'll upload some pictures later, but I'm just curious, does anyone know how to cover the dash in Suede? I've seen this done before but I haven't been able to find a proper tutorial, and I think this would be a nice touch for the interior. I'd be contemplating re-wrapping my gear knob too, then eventually the entire interior.
It'll most likely be flocked mate, not suede :) Have a look here...

http://www.banburyflockingservices.com/

P

Pheonix

Thanks for that :)

Yeah I asked on ns.com and they suggested flocking, but i'm woried about the sun getting to it then it will start to fall apart and the particles will go everythere. It would be good short term no doubt, I'm just afraid of when it ages, that why I would be leaning more towards suede, so it looks $1million, of course until someone scratches it.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
You would be best going to a car trimmer. They should be able to give you the info you need. Don't expect it to be cheap though.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for that

Yeah I asked on ns.com and they suggested flocking, but i'm woried about the sun getting to it then it will start to fall apart and the particles will go everythere. It would be good short term no doubt, I'm just afraid of when it ages, that why I would be leaning more towards suede, so it looks $1million, of course until someone scratches it.
Flocking's pretty tough tbh, my mate had all the dash/center console done a few years back and it's still in perfect condition. DIY kits though are a total waste of time, it has to be done with the proper equipment :)

P

Pheonix

Going to go down to an upulsterer this week :) just to have a chat.

Update, picking my wheels :) I've taken quite a liking to Rota Torque's, they seem to set them off with the right offset and stretch :) Thoughts?
Currently running drifteks, but they have a poor offset and don't fit the car correctly, and there way too common.

P

Pheonix

Just a quick update, i've been working on sourcing a Vertex Body Kit. Genuine is $2300 delivered (roughly) which would fit up perfectly, $700 for a Knockoff, which would most likely need abit of work before it'll fit straight up, which would cost me a bit, then I found this.. A quite heavily damaged front Vertex bar for $150, which I knocked him down to $50. So a Fiberglass repair kit will be $40, and alot of fun, then body filler is about another $40, then I can get it painted without worring about it fitting incorrectly. $50 was a pretty good buy me thinks :) Especially since I completly killed my DFT front bar thismorning...

Thoughts? :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ wow that is a really good price!!!

I really need to get in to working with fibreglass... so far I can paint my own body panels and work with vinyl but really need to get stuck in to some fibreglass repair/fabrication :)

Look forward to seeing some updated pics :thumbs:

P

Pheonix

Haha thanks man :) It's my first time attempting to fiberglass, I just need to fix the structure, then i'll take it down to the panel beaters and get them to paint it once I've filled and sanded it all.

Hopeing it'll come out allgood, but we can only see. I just need to be patient.