What's new

Sean's S15

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Is top notch man, no cutting and because of the pipe work size and the tube and fun like the top brands ie greddy , rather than bar an plate core they use on the cheaper brands , it's got really low pressure drop so no difference in spool time is a good quality ic mate you won't be dissappointed

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Since your so local let us know if you need a hand, I'll come up and watch you struggle! Mine fitted ok, everyone else says the fit was superb. Mind needed a bit of "fettling" and bits were bit out and a pain, but perhaps I'm a bit picky. Either way its good quality stuff.

Reaction score
Country
Just about got the intercooler fitted. Bought a better holesaw and it went though fairly easily.
It doesn't fit quite perfectly I had to trim one of the pipes slighyly. Nonway it'll come off though. And had to reshape my washer bottle thanks to Mikes solution this was easy. The pipework on the hot side sits quite high but the bonnet closes.

Just need to trim the fog light screws on the hot side and the bumper should go back on.
I have ordered a 51mm hose to join the turbo and hotpipe as the kit didnt come with one. Didn't turn up friday but hopefully Monday. Also need to replace either the recirc valve or the hard pipework for the standard one. Leaning towards replace the valve. Then to buy another new battery.

Reaction score
Country
This arrived today to complete the front mount installation.
IMG_0301.JPG
Turbosmart dual port valve. Can be used in 4 different ways. Full recirculation, Single trumpet, Dual Trumpet or Half and Half.

Very weighty and seems good quality. Picked this up at a rediculously good price. Was a mistake on their website but they honored it to can't respect that enough.

Reaction score
Country
Spent the afternoon fitting this. Looks pretty good and hopefully tighten up the rear. JIC01.jpgJIC02.jpg Haven't driven it yet but looks good.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
They do make a fair bit of difference, mine has a Nismo one and I removed it temporarily and noticed the back of the car didnt feel as tight.

Reaction score
Country
i was in two minds whether to bother fitting my rear brace, will definitely now you said that!

Car is looking good dude!

Reaction score
Country
Haven't updated this for a while. Not really had anything to report.
I fitted the Walbro fuel pump a few weeks ago and replaced the fuel tank top cap with pipes thingy. No idea what the technical name for it is. I have also been doing routine things like spark plugs and stuff. I also tidied up the front bumper and intercooler as I wasn't that happy with how it was sitting.

Today I changed the oil on the car. The first time I have done this myself and made a bit of a mess of the driveway. O well. I think I'm probably going to get someone else to do that in future. I do hate the S15 dipstick I don't think I have ever got what I'd call an accurate/consistent reading from it. I measured out the oil removed and added that amount back in. The filter was a pain to get to as well. Think I need some skinnier arms.
I also cleaned her today and have a headlight cleaning kit to reduce the yellowness. Would have done this to but the drill battery was flat.

On more exciting notes. This morning I took her out with the intention of turning up the boost. I have currently got her set to 0.9 Bar and it really feels like a different car. I'm going to have to do something about the wheels, tyres and suspension soon as she's spinning the rears up so easily it's a bit nuts. This was in third gear and I don't think I'd lost traction like that before.

And possibly just as exciting a part I ordered was delivered today. All the way from Japan.
DSC_0069_Resize.jpgDSC_0070_Resize.jpg
Uras Gauge Holder.

I'm thinking to look more subtle they need to be blended into the dash somehow. I thinking about looking into getting the dash flocked with these blended and flocked too. Any thoughts on this?