What's new

Introducing Matiu!

Reaction score
Country
Hello :wave:

Ive been a member for a while now and have read enough of everyone else's threads on here so should probably do one of my own.

Ive owned my s15 for a little over a year now, I bought it as a very standard Jap spec-s, with the idea of eventually doing a rb25det swap. After a few months of driving it daily to work I bought some Bc gold suspension, locked the diff and did a few cone days.

And now im about 6 months into my rb25det conversion :cool: and am making slow but steady progress

Cheers guys!

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Looking smart mate, Looking forward to seeing more progress :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
looking good mate, are you doing the wiring yourself? just asked as i too am doing an rb25det conversion, but have yet to attempt the wiring!

Reaction score
Country
looking good mate, are you doing the wiring yourself? just asked as i too am doing an rb25det conversion, but have yet to attempt the wiring!
Nah, wiring scares the s**t out of me! Im going to run a Link ecu so my plan is to either get everything else done except the wiring then drop it off at the tuners and pay them to do it or ive got a few mates that are probably capable of doing the wiring as well so can try and convince them (with beer) to give me a hand.

Reaction score
Country
New manifold and turbo

Oil and water plumbed in, I just need to fix the rear oil drain from the head and then i can put the motor back in.

Reaction score
Country
good stuff man, skyline power the spec s... only way to go with the NA versions

Reaction score
Country

Motor and gearbox back in and it all fits so far. Even the bonnet closes :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
sometimes I wish I would have taken this route, but its alot more work than just a sr20det swap. Looks good though. Ive heard the weight distribution with an rb in a s chassis is awsome.

Reaction score
Country
Im still ticking away slowly.
Ive mocked up 90% of the inter cooler piping. Im just waiting on a mate who is working in his spare time to build me an intake manifold. Once hes done with that I can finish the piece to the TB and have it all welded up. The Exhaust is coming together as well and should be finished within the next few days.

I splashed out on a xmas present for myself this year

An autosparky mate of mine said he should be able to wire it up this month for me. Then spend the next month after that getting all the small fiddly stuff tidied up, and then it can go off for a tune!!!!

Reaction score
Country
Ive been a busy boy :thumbs:

A drift day came up a few weeks ago and I decided I really wanted to drive it. I made a list which looked completely achievable by July 13th and so manned up and payed for it in advance as motivation.

So away i went ticking stuff off. For a long time as I ticked something off another two things would appear :rolleyes:
Here its getting all of the alloy welding done,

Me and a mate decided to tackle the wiring ourselves. This isnt how we left it lol.

It took us two full days of wiring from start to 95% finished and then I got to start it for the first time in 18 months. I borrowed a tune for the ecu off a friend of mine who had a similair setup. Same injectors etc but it still ran pretty rough because the Map sensor wasn't calibrated nicely.
[video=youtube;l12x04HAQxQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l12x04HAQxQ[/video]
After we started it i spent the next week tidying everything up and booked it in for a dyno tune.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
This is one of the first power runs we did, about 260kw
[video=youtube;9ibpsWP1NaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9ibpsWP1NaU[/video]
The final figures are 280kw @ 1 bar
and 250kw @ 10psi

That was a real quick snapshot of the last maybe 2 months of going pretty flat tack on it but im pretty happy now its Running and tuned. Standby for some smokey pictures and vids :D:cool: