What's new

Dave_t's S15 Spec-R Aero

Reaction score
Country
Thanks dude, iv'e seen you quite a few times by the co-op at the top of my road, but everytime iv'e been in my A3 TDI Daily haha
Where about's do you live?
I used to live in Fordhouses with parents just off the Vine Island but have recently moved to own place just off Ryefield...looking to move again in the next few years, really want a nice house with decent front garden and drive :nod:

Progress looks good and im insanely jelous of your aero front :p

Reaction score
Country
Bit of a late update, but i managed to find a replacement knock sensor loom.

I stripped it apart to inspect it, as that's how i found the split in the old one. all good, so was time to fit.

Being as you have to remove the knock sensor to swap over the loom, it was such a frustrating job, as its positioned right under the inlet manifold, only accessible from underneath.
Alternator off, oil filter off - and its still only at 'finger tip' reach. a lot of swearing later and it was fitted.

Replaced the oil filter, re-fitted the alternator, re-connected the battery, turned the engine over - did the paperclip trick - code 55 - no fault.

IT'S FIXED! Finally she drives how it should, and it feels amazing. for the first time since it rolled onto English soil it has full power.

There was still some light left so i managed to replace the kaput drivers side window motor.

i sourced the replacement from japperformanceparts

I also thought i'd fit my SARD R2D2 BOV. i didn't plan to fit it, as i love the chatter, but thought i'd give it a whirl.

extremely happy with it, still chatters as before, and only blows off on high boost. perfect.

After a couple of weeks trouble free driving, yesterday i jumped in her to go to work. pressed the clutch in, tried to engage 1st gear - denied.

The clutch wasn't disengaging. with no time to investigate, i took my A3 and headed to work. a night shift of contemplating the worst case scenario's lol, first thing when i got back, took a quick look at the slave cylinder oil reservoir, happily confirming my theory of a leaking slave cylinder.

Ordered the replacement, thanks to 'spoonman' for the part number, and it was ready to collect today, so i went about fitting it.

oil residue confirming the fault

within 15 minutes it was swapped over, bled and ready for testing

Now the gear change feels a lot more precise, which leads me to believe it was leaking for some time.

gave her a quick wash before packing up for the night.

Next on the list for maintenance is a gearbox and diff oil change. recommendations on what oil to use?

Next on the list for mod's is to fit my K-Sport 330mm Front Brake Setup when it arrives later this week, and fit my Walbro 255lph fuel pump ready for when i find an Apexi AVC-R at a decent price :thumbs:
I'll be honest, at the standard boost level it's putting a smile on my face right now being as it has full power once again haha

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Love the rims and bonnet! One sweet looking 15 dude!
Glad you got her running sweet. !!
I am sure there was a thread on which oils everyone uses, the general concensus was redline shockproof is the best for our cars!!!

Reaction score
Country
hey,
nice ride :) my 15 runs on the exact super advans as yours but with a blue lip.
really like your cf hood tho? i have an oem one on mine currently, way too heavy. any idea what make that hood is ?

thanks
rohith from malaysia
Rohith, forgot to get back to you. It's an Origin Type 2. contemplating getting it colour coded as i'm not a big fan of carbon panels.

The latest s-bodies from 326 power are rockin' the Origin Type 2 bonnet

both the Kouki S14,

& S15

Very much liking the body-coloured bonnet with the vents left in carbon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Been a while since i updated.

well, it has become my daily for the time being, as my 'reliable' A3 TDI daily is kaput. so i haven't been able to have it off the road for any period of time to work on her.

booked some time off work either side of my Holiday so finally had time to fit the K-Sport front brake setup, & EBC Yellow Stuff Pads.

Pretty straight forward fitting them.

all back together

not as impressive with 18" wheels :rotfl:

overall very happy with them as iv'e been bedding the yellow stuff pads in, night and day difference with the oem setup.
i will bleed them once again as the pedal feels a little spongy still.

next i'll upgrade to the Z32 BMC * R33 GT-St rear brake setup.

I also repaired the leaking power steering pipe.

it was a bit of a fiddly job as it ran down from the pump, along the underside of the subframe, and up to the steering rack. instead of finding a new or second hand one, i decided to go see the guys at Pirtek. they replaced the piping, and even gave me a joint in it, to ease re-fitting. Brilliant job

Now, as most of us i'm sure, I've got bored of the standard power. after searching for a few weeks, i managed to nab a mint condition Apexi AVC-R Black Edition

and also an Apexi Power FC with Hand Controller, & optional boost control kit. I will be selling the boost control kit as i wont need it with the AVC-R.

next on the 'to do list' -

fit walbro 255 fuel pump & apexi avc-r. i will mounting the avc-r flush in the dash, to the right of the steering wheel, in a custom panel, which hopefully will go nicely with the rest of the interior.

So more updates after im back from holiday :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate!

I've been on the look out for some Ksports for ages now but they seem to never come up for sale :(

Reaction score
Country
Time for an Update:

Fitted my Apexi AVC-R Black Edition last weekend, incorporating the controller into the lower rhd of the dash.

I made a surround to house the AVC-R, the headlight angle switch, and the rear foglight switch.

First i made a template out of card

then cut the plastic

then to accurately cut the hole for the AVC-R, i removed the back of the unit, and traced around it

i then cut the hole for the headlight angle switch, and drilled the hole for the foglight

not being happy with the lower section of the panel, i remade it with a bigger lower overhang. i then cut the hole in the dash, and it was finished

next was to fit plumb in the rest of the kit.

the pressure sensor

the boost solenoid

now it was time to run the loom to the ecu

i removed the passenger front wheel, and splash guard, to reveal a nicely placed grommet.

i used a screwdriver to poke through the sound deadening, and fed the wires through

wrapping up the excess wire, and storing it out of harms way

i forgot to take pics of the next stage, wiring in the avc-r loom to the ecu loom as time was getting on, but the finished product

Reaction score
Country
next on the to do list was to relocate the loom that ran in the drivers front arch

up bright and early to get to work

i removed all clips and cable ties to see how much slack was available, and at the same time sprayed the coilovers with WD40 to free them up for lowering later on :thumbs:

there was a sufficient slack to be able to run it above the 'ledge', well out of the way

now to make it work, i would have to modify this plate for the loom to exit the arch, and run along the ledge

first off i drilled it out

then cut a slot

i then hammered the 'tab' around as opposed to cutting it, to retain it's strength.

I then cut the desired finished slot, chamfering the edges to not damage the loom once its in place.
i painted all the bare metal with kurust to protect it

next was to drill holes in the ledge to enable me to use cable ties to secure the loom
again, covering the newly bare metal in kurust.

And also wrapping the whole section of loom in electrical tape for added protection.

and rest......

very happy with the end result, fits perfectly. that's how it should of been done from the factory Nissan!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
next up, was to lower the front a little more. i wound down the coilovers around 25mm, which turned out to be a little low

The wheel now caught on the spring, as it happened i had some 5mm spacers lying about so fitted them to clear the coilover

this now meant the tyres caught the arch a little, as cool as it looked it had to go higher

i raised her up just enough to clear the spring, removed the spacer, and it was now ok

taking it for a quick test drive, on big bumps in the road it would catch the arch slightly. with the top mounts maxed out on camber already, i decided to order these, to give me a little more to play with

Eibach Camber Bolts

They use a smaller diameter bolt to oem, and have an eccentric cam, that allows you to adjust your camber settings. this should sort out the rubbing issue.

next up is to lower the back to match the front, which will probably lead me to decide on exhaust options, as our middle boxes don't have great clearance at the best of times.

having the middle box removed, leaving just the back box silencer, i think will be a little too loud. but what other alternatives are there for getting more ground clearance?

Last edited:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
I got the centre box cut out on mine, and it was stupidly loud so got it welded back in. It only scrapes on speed bumps and when going some down country roads and I'm as low as you are so I'm just living with it. The only exhaust getting it cut out of works with is the HKS Silent hi power, as the backbox is just full of deadening so doesnt put the noise up too much, but I can't be bothered buying another exhaust.

Need to do my loom soon though, so will be using your pictures to compare with!

Reaction score
Country
next up, was to lower the front a little more. i wound down the coilovers around 25mm, which turned out to be a little low

Wow mate that looks stunning! :nod:

As for the centre box, one of my mates cut his centre box in half length ways and welded a piece of flat sheet to the bottom...had great clearance and still silenced as normal..

I need to pop round yours one of the weekends and have a closer look at your sexmobile! :D

Reaction score
Nice Little write up. I plan on moving the loom further up into the arch in the next few weeks.

Car looks great. Love the bonnet! :thumbs: