What's new

Dave_t's S15 Spec-R Aero

Reaction score
Country
hey,
nice ride :) my 15 runs on the exact super advans as yours but with a blue lip.
really like your cf hood tho? i have an oem one on mine currently, way too heavy. any idea what make that hood is ?

thanks
rohith from malaysia
Thanks Rohith, not 100% what make it is as of yet. it is super light though! great quality. I'm most likely going to go back to an OEM bonnet though because i think it will look alot cleaner

Reaction score
Country
Bright and early i got to work

Removed all of the OEM Intercooler setup, and Airbox

Now it was time to get cutting :thumbs:

i went with a 92mm holecutter to give a little extra room for movement in use

marked out and got cutting

perfect :thumbs:

Next was to trim the inside of the bumper bar support, and paint it to stop it from rusting.

Now all that's left to do is to refit everything tomorrow :D

Reaction score
Country
Well it was a productive day today, but still not finished!

Started off by mounting the intercooler itself

This was to see how much i needed to trim off of the Chassis nose's

Took enough off to have the intercooler as far back as possible. painted them and left to dry so they wont rust

Next was to re-locate the washer bottle, which ended up with it staying relatively in the same place lol.

I managed to just spin the left most bracket upside down, and also bending the top mount bracket slightly. getting rid of the third one completely as it was braced sufficiently.

Here was the result

It now has nice clearance with the boost pipe

Then it was time to fit the rest of the boost pipes, but that was all i got done today, as i'm missing a silicone coupler for the boost pipe-to-turbo. Ordered one, and a couple of other pipes for blocking off the oem dump valve ports etc.

I did manage to test fit the Aero Bumper and it clear's! No trimming needed :down:

Gutted i won't be able to work on it now till' Wednesday

Nice mate, does the battery fit sideways or are you putting it in the boot?
The battery will fit sideways Ollie :thumbs:

It looks like i will need to extend the positive wires though

Reaction score
Country
I made a small hole in the bottom of the fuse box that allowed my positive cable to reach, just an idea, couple of pictures on my build. Looking good though mate. I did mine when it was too cold!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Awesome work Dave I have all this fmic fitting to look forward to when i get back from holiday!

My battery will fit sideways to so interested on how you solve this. Wether you extend it or take ollie's approach!

Would be good to see this at Japfest in May too!:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
That sounds like a good idea ollie. I'll take a look at your build

Thanks mike, jappy with it, it's a lot cleaner than the one I went to see in Birkenhead (the twin of yours) haha.

What FMIC are you going to fit?

Are you planning to place a rubber grommet around the hole that you had cut?
Yes I'll be fitting rubber around the hole. As well as this, I Made the hole 92mm, bigger than what it needed to be (80mm Boost Pipe) so that it has room for movement when in use

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Hah, yeah i know the car you mean! I was convinced i needed to change something on mine after seeing it!

I've got the autobahn88 fmic sat in the dining room, i think its a similar fit to yours only needing very small amounts of trimming. I decided to get this partially because i dont have to cut the aero bumper!

Reaction score
Country
Been busy with work, but managed to get some work done on it yesterday

Finished off everything on the FMIC install, fitted my APEX intake pipe, Apexi intake, and Tomei Plug Cover

Also, a solution to extending the positive battery wires - exactly that, an extension!

first of all i removed the plastic casing

then heat shrinked that section

Extension!

bolted on

heatshrinked the rest and installed terminal onto battery

Job Done! enough for one evening, will secure the wiring, and fit new battery stay tomorrow

Pretty much ready for the MOT now

Last edited:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Good news bout the MOT. Still waiting on my FMIC to arrive then I'll be copying your extension idea for the positive cable I think!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Like CMR said gonna copy your extension! Did you buy the lead or make it?

Reaction score
Country
I picked it up from my local motor factors, it's perfect for the job!

Today on my lunch break i Insured it with Sky Insurance, off the VIN number, ready to register it on Monday! can't wait!

Reaction score
Country
Had to catch the bus to work this morning because my car is off the road for a week or so and I spotted your car :D

Looks nice mate! Only round the corner from me too really, I wonder if weel see each other on the road soon!

Reaction score
Country
Had to catch the bus to work this morning because my car is off the road for a week or so and I spotted your car :D

Looks nice mate! Only round the corner from me too really, I wonder if weel see each other on the road soon!
Thanks dude, iv'e seen you quite a few times by the co-op at the top of my road, but everytime iv'e been in my A3 TDI Daily haha
Where about's do you live?

Been a while since i updated, Before going on the road, i wanted to protect the FMIC

bought some fine grade mesh to block as much debris as possible, and used 3M Nylock so it#s easily removable, and more importantly- no damage to my nice Aero :wave: this stuff is hella strong

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Well registering went smoothly and shes fully road legal now.

Dirty Stop Out. Filthy after it's First night out on UK Roads.

Some TOUGE ACTION

Now it was still throwing a code 34 - knock sensor, so after looking at the possible causes, and eliminating a few, including changing the knock sensor itself, i changed the coilpacks.

OEM items were coming up pretty pricey, and wherever possible i like to upgrade instead of simply replace, so i went for those blue tops :thumbs:

Splitfire DIS-007's

After a week wait, and a hefty £50 import fee, they were here. I hastily got to fitting them and to my disappointment it didn't cure the fault :down:

Having a rare free day i could spend on her, i decided to crack on. I traced the knock sensor loom back, which turned out to be only 8-9 inches long! removed it for inspection.

This is what i found!

Looks like the loom was the problem all along :rolleyes: in the process of getting hold of one now, and hopefully that will be the end of that :D

did some general maintenance:

Oil Change with MOTUL 5W/40

Replaced the o2 Sensor with genuine Bosch unit

was made unbelievably easy with this - Neilsen O2 sensor socket

decided to fit my Broadway i had

Updates coming soon:

With the knock sensor fault keeping me from progressing the car in other areas, now that (fingers crossed) it is sorted i can get to work.

Time to up-rate the Brakes all round. Lined up a set of K-Sport 8-pot 330mm for the front, but still undecided as what to do with the rear. Tempted to go with the Z32/R33 conversion but for now i think go with up-rated discs & pads with the oem calipers

Few days off next week before Japfest which i'll hopefully get down to, so i will spend the time tucking the loom up in to the arch, and wind down the coilovers to get it sitting nicely :D