What's new

Shifty's Spec R s15

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
fitted the brakes at the weekend.....took ages as we couldn't get rid of the spongy feeling in the pedal even after removing the ABS....have ordered a BMC brake stopper to try and solve it...

few pics taken during...

purplest I'v ever seen the wheels..

old

new

even with the crappy pedal there so much sharper!

also bought a new battery as the old one wouldn't start the car!

had to shuffle the terminal points about to get them to fit but she went in eventually!

also pulled the carpet up to find the water leak and it was the grommet causing the issue...few coats of silicone later and hopefully she'll dry out now!

Ordered a wiper motor today, see if that's the issue, also trying to get hold of a stalk.

Also ordered a catch can as mine looking a little grubby...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
few packages arrive in the post today....

the most important - 300 lotus biscuits :D

BMC stopper

Catch can

wiper motor

and finally the stalk....this one actually seems to contact properly when moved....fingers crossed it fixes it!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Not really any interesting updates but done some maintenance recently.

Fitted all the bits above, stopper didn't make a lot of difference so i'm looking at buying a z32 bmc now to eliminate the spongy pedal.

Fitted the stalk and motor, they didn't fix the issue so took it to a mechanic. He replaced a missing fuse and the worked :annoyed: figured the stalk went and blew the fuse. At some point, someone who worked on the car removed said fuse and never replaced it. We stuck all the fuses in and had no luck due to the dodgy stalk so when the mechanic fitted a fuse in hey presto. Very frustrating!

fitted the sub at the weekend and removed the SRS airbag unit to tidy the back up. Ordered the carpet today to tidy the rear up so hopefully can crack on with that this weekend.

Recently she developed a knock on the front passenger side, thought it was the air filter rattling about so made a bracket which made no difference, next thought it may be the intercooler which had snapped a mount so remade that and still no luck. Finally checked the suspension and the strut bolt at the top was loose. Have tightened it but suspect it may come loose again after reading up on SXOC so will get some lock tight on there.

also fitted a drift button to the handbrake ready for the womens drift day at RAF Throckmorton on the 9th. Will be ordering oil and a filter this week so she has a fresh service before the day.

Reaction score
Country
I think you work at the same place as me. Sure I've seen the cars in the car park. I've got an MX5 too. Yours looks good, I like the wheels!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I thought I recognised them, I see the S15 every now and again. Looks great! Was wondering where the mx5 had gone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
thought it was about time i bought something sensible so went for a new fiesta, plus the mx5 had started needing bits and pieces doing. Miss it though, was brilliant around the lanes!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, they are great fun. The missus uses our one as a daily but I like it so much I treated her (well, me) to some new coilovers for it.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
attended the ladies drift day at throckmorton yesterday. Had an awesome time but found a few things i would like to improve on the car starting with more lock!

few photos and the video they made of the day, I'm in the beginning and end of it ...

Bought some xxr530 for the rear to skid on. Quite like the look of these so going to try and get hold of some 521s for her.

diff oil needs changing so diff oil, box and engine oil will all be ordered this side of Christmas. Will also look into offset rack spacers in the near future.

Cant wait to get back to throckmorton!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
found some pretty pictures online,

anyone got a BM57 for sale? the one i ordered turned out to be a bm44 :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Finally got round to upgrading the BMC and carpeting the back. Next job is to refurb the wheels as I managed to kerb 3in the space of 2 days :(

Reaction score
Country
That carpet in the back looks mint!

I need to do something like that with mine!

Btw when you fitted your hydro does it lock up your wheels ok?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Yea was awesome. We had it on standard s13 rear brakes and it worked really well every time. I was tempted to fit one to the 15 but don't want to cut about he interior to get it positioned where I want.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Thought i'd update this thread seeing as I'm hoping to get her back to her former glory this year....

Long story short, back in March 2014, 6 hours after returning home from holiday I got sideswiped on a roundabout by an Asda lorry who decided to try and drive through me to join the M25. This destroyed the rear bumper, 2 alloy wheels and damaged the rear quarter and drivers door.

After 18 months their insurance finally coughed up just shy of £3k for me to get her fixed.

In the meantime the car had been taken by a mate of mine who had promised to fit some wider arches on the rear quarters. After 9 months of the car being in his possession i got it back with one wing riveted on and the other taped on and it generally looking like a right piece of ****.

After a fair bit of effort from another good mate of mine and several late nights, she came back to me a week later with a new front bumper (I have a genuine vertex bumper waiting to be fitted when it goes in the bodyshop), new side skirts, the rotten front wings re-welded, a BGW fitted and the rear quarters semi fitted enough to drive it...

After that it wen't down to the MOT station and elite tires to have tires fitted and the wheels mounted.

After 5 hours we left with a new alignment, 2 wheels fitted, 2 in the boot and a large bill. The wheels wouldn't fit the front because the inside of the split rim studs caught the calipers.

One set of 25mm spacers and another trip back to Kieren and the spacers had been fitted, wheel studs cut and the wheels were on..

Cue a few hours claying and detailing whats left of the paint and she's now a polished turd....

My other half also bought me the Yashio factory interior bits for Christmas so I've fitted those recently. No pics yet though...

Next plans are to....

Dip the stereo surround in a gold carbon weave
Fit a second bucket seat for the passenger
Source and fit a set of cams before taking it to Martin at MB Automotive for another remap
Tint the rear windows
Source a shorter boss so the steering wheel sits slightly further away
finish off the bodywork and get her painted! :D

It's such a relief to have a decent powered car back......standard dailys just dont cut it!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
I came close to selling this 2 months ago. Had a few people chomping at the bit to buy it but after a very bad experience with a potential buyer, I decided against selling it as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

i've found the love for the car once again and have started buying some bits to bring it back to the condition it once was.

Fitted a new apple car play head-unit last night along with some USB ports in the center console whilst I was at it. Looks very OEM so I'm pretty happy with it. Wasn't so pleased about it taking 3 hours in the cold though, I'm not built for working on cars in the snow!

Also stuck a matching pair of Cobra Suzukas in as well as a harness for the passenger seat and wrapped the stereo surround a few weeks back.

Hoping the car will be off in March for painting :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Dropped her off at Bigbearkustoms on Saturday for a bit of work.......way to excited to have it back looking mint!

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
What's she going on for? Glad you've fallen in love with it again! It has so much potential to be a killer car good job so far mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Thanks Mike :)

The rear arches are being tubbed and fitted properly, vertex front bumper and skirts being fitted, rear bumper damage sorted, rear window spoiler painting and fitting, some minor rust fixing on the bodywork and in the engine bay and a full respray. Should look lovely when done!

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
No bother at all. Wow that's a good bit of work getting done, it'll be stunning when it's done! What colour are you going for?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
No bother at all. Wow that's a good bit of work getting done, it'll be stunning when it's done! What colour are you going for?

My daily driver is a white Kuga so it makes the 15 look yellow. Because of that, it’s going Audi white. It was a close call between that and a deep purple but I was concerned in a year or two time the purple would look outdated.