What's new

Shifty's Spec R s15

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
which wheel nuts are they? I fancy some but stuck on what to get, and worried about getting some that will just snap (i.e. Alloy ones)

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Are they the comfy spec type 2's mate?
There the 8/6's so fast road/track ones, chose them as the G masters were the same and were a good spec.

which wheel nuts are they? I fancy some but stuck on what to get, and worried about getting some that will just snap (i.e. Alloy ones)

Cheers
I can't for the life of me remember, I got them off lancer register so once the sites back up (think their having technical issues) il find the link for you. I had light weight alloy ones on before these and there alot heavier but i wouldn't trust alloy ones either tbh.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Ok cheers, I have twin flex on mine and they were firm before but fantastic, now I've poly bushes the whole thing the suspension could do with being a bit softer to refine the ride...

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I can't for the life of me remember, I got them off lancer register so once the sites back up (think their having technical issues) il find the link for you. I had light weight alloy ones on before these and there alot heavier but i wouldn't trust alloy ones either tbh.
Ok thanks. I have the same coilovers as well :) been spot on for me so far..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
there these wheel nuts....i cant seem to find them on the site i bought them off though. Pretty sure you can get them cheaper than this to :)

http://www.jdmgarageuk.com/anodised-tuner-wheel-nuts

fitted the coilovers last night. Pretty happy with them tbh, no knocks or rattles...there set to fully soft at the moment so a bit boaty buts its just to run it in.. will stiffen them up slightly just to firm her up in corners...very impressed with them so far :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rare Rims sell steel ones in lots of different colours similar to them

Cheers

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the links and info chaps on the wheel nuts.

Interested to know what stiffness you got for, I am only about 6 clicks in from the softest setting.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have the rare rims nuts on mine they are good.... Try get a plastic coated socket as well to stop damaging he wheels and nuts

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
so, had the car mapped last weekend....

so so happy with it, peaks at 1.3 bar of boost, settles to 1 bar and hits full boost at 2800rpm. Think it would give my old evo a run for its money...such a good map on it as well. This is the second car martins mapped for me and both have been awesome. Pulls so hard all the way to the limiter! will get a go-pro video up soonish. Only issue is the brakes are pretty worn so need replacing (will prob go for the brembos of the evo) and the turbo smokes ever so slightly. Good excuse for a bigger one :D

also found out she has a metal headgasket.

I Did however, manage to blow my dials the other day. Tried unplugging and replugging them in with a screwdriver whilst live and shorted them out. Ended up blwoing the dials, stereo, amp and taking the wipers out as well :( Tried all engine bay fuses, footwell fuses, the one in the power line for the amp, 2 in the amp and one in the headunit. Found one blown audio one in the footwell, replaced it and it made no difference so think theres a bigger problem somewhere so thats next one the list now.

Reaction score
Country
fuses 6, 11 and 28 on the inside fuse box, 6 is for the wipers and is 20 amp 2nd down on the right and 11 is a 10 amp directly below,
28 is the bottom left 10 amp that supply's many things, the wiring is a bit awkward but im beginning to get the hang of the manual.
pain though, good luck.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Thanks alot for that! we had a look this afternoon and all fuses are fine, however...there isnt a 20amp fuse where it should be and dont appear to be any wiper relays in the fuse box under the bonnet.

Looks like theres a few fuses missing that should be there and a few relays. Theres no relays behind the passenger pillar either. We put 12v direct on the motor and got squat. No signals going to the motor plug of the plug into the wiper stalk. Stalk appaers to work as it should.

we did however fix the stereo. After i checked the fuse in the back and replaced the fuse in the footwell tyrns out i forgot to plug it in. FAIL :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
bit of an update...started putting some money into her recently.

Wipers still dont work :D will be booking her in with a 200sx specalist to get that sorted for winter.

Ordered some low mount rails from driftworks so i could fit my bucket from my 13 into the car.

spent a few hours doing that on sunday...

The seat mount just catches the boot release handle so will get that off this weekend and cut it down to sort that issue out.

whilst stripping the interior out to get the harnesses in we found the footwell was soaked so will be looking into that this weekend. Also found evidence that shes had a huge cage fitted at some point. I'v always suspected the interior wasnt the original and seeing as its had at least a 6 point cage in, i suspect the dash isn't the original either.

Also ordered some bigger brakes a month or so ago which turned up yesterday. 345mm Brembo grooved disks with wilwood calipers, EBC yellowstuff pads and Hel Braided lines....shame there yellow :(

and finally we bought a large sheet of MDF. We plan to fit a pannel across the back of the seats and fit a sub in there so will get that made this weekend as well. Hope the weather holds out! Any idea what colour the carpet needs to be to match the interior. Would like a perfect match really so if anyone knows the exact stuff to use I'd love a heads up :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Why shame they are yellow dude?? Yellow will look cool!! Car looks really nice and good upgrades too! You just reminded me I found water in the driver footwell the other day need to inspect myself lol

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I had that water in the footwell nightmare! I found it coming from the large grommet behind the RHF wheel arch liner! It's where everyone puts wires through and in turn the water runs down the wires into the cabin! Just bung a lot of silicone onto it and jobs a goodun!

Reaction score
Country
Yea be careful with that, it runs down the wires and eventually gets the fuse box wet causing loads of issues.. probably why your wipers are shot.
i may have already said this? who knows, liking the way the upgrades are going!

Reaction score
Wow not meaning to offend or anything but that front bumper fitment is horrid around the lights! where did it come from? i have one bought from a guy who told me he supplies to bodykits to SVA, if mine comes looking like that it will be thrown back at him!!

do love the car tho, the Gauges look awsome all lit up! where did you get them

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
thanks for the heads up on the water situation, I'll have a look at that gromit and get some sealant in there, best double check the fuse box too, really hope it hasn't messed that up!

the bumpers a great fit on the nearside. offside is truly shocking!! it's something I intend to sort at some point, I think it needs a bit shaving off the inside that fits under the light. I might look at doing it this weekend, if not when it goes to the bodyshop I'll get it done then. drives me mad!

gauges are from r-spec, cost about £180 new but my other half bought some similar ones off ebay for around £100 and they look toss. these are a nice quality for the money :)