What's new

Shifty's Spec R s15

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
im 50-50 at the moment, either a anthracite colour....possibly bmw grey...or a purple. However i rang the powdercoaters yesterday and they cant do the purple i wanted. Found a few others i like so I need to give them a ring and see if they can do those instead. If not, may have to get them painted or powercoat them grey.

C

cazzac2222

Plans sound really good mate :D The purple will deffo make the car stand out!!

Where abouts in the UK you from, i know a really good powdercoaters in Castleford, LSN Coatings, i've had alot of work done by them, all the running gear on my Glanza was done blue. Couldnt recommend them enough, if youd like any pics of there work, let me know :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Just had a quick look and your miles from me which is a shame :(

could you post some pics anyway? Im interested in what can be done :) May get a few moe bits and pieces done at some point.

C

cazzac2222

Yeah sure mate, they have a massive range of colours up there, check there website as they have alot of pics and there colours on there : http://www.lsn-coatings.co.uk/30160/info.php?p=2&pno=0

Heres a few bits i got done... (If theres too much just delete my post, dont want to spam your thread too much)

And finally, the full rear beam haha ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Thanks for that, looks awesome! I'm impressed with the finish it gives! Going to have to start stripping random bits out my engine bay now :D

C

cazzac2222

No worries, it is a clean and smooth finish and tbh, the rear beam and wishbones have been on the car around 8 months now and there isnt no chips yet, just a few light scuffs, so its a pritty touch coating too :D

Yeah it deffo does add some colour to your bay but tbh, i think mine was a little OTT and a nice OEM look would be fresh!!

C

cazzac2222

Sorry dude, forgot you wanted an anthracite colour, heres the wheels i got done, might be of interest for yours :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
nice colour that, any idea what it is? looks like its got a hint of bronze in some lights...pretty much spot on what i want.

C

cazzac2222

Not really sure tbh mate and cant for the life in me remember the colour code :(

If you go to a local powdercoaters they may have a few samples to choose from :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Need some help :D

Im in 2 minds at the moment, about my wheels. I originally wanted them dormant purple...

however i cannot, for the life of me get a place to do this...it turns out its a american powder coat and will cost a bomb to get into the uk...

started looking at candy purples that are available and im not keen on them...look to blue for me.

Went to my body shop to see if they could mix up the colour and they can get some thing similar...but not the same.

Only thing im worried about is if its the wrong purple it will look 7 shades of **** so I'm now thinking something more subtle....Midnight purple I. Will look all most black untill the light hits it and makes it look purple. not sure if the color will take away the depth of the wheels though so im in 2 minds.

anyone got any opinions or know of any purples that could look good...all opinions welcome :)

on the brightside, shes booked in for mapping on the 17th may. Will be picking up some 740cc nismos at japfest so il have everything i need for stage one. Just need a bigger turbo then :D

Reaction score
Country
Shifty, bummer mate.. FYI the company that does the Dormant Purple (Liquid Powder Coats) is only 30mins drive from my house in the US. I'm going to be using them for parts on my car..

I've not found anywhere in the UK that has anything like the selection of powder coat colours, there is another company in the US (Bonehead Performance - even closer to my house) that also has a large selection of colours. Doesn't help you much though.

I would say though that the purple if you get a decent UK company to do it would look cool....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
gutted i couldn't get the dormant purple...wish i lived were you do!

went for midnight purple I in the end. Very pleased with the colour, disappointed i didnt get the back of the wheel done......thought i could get away with it but the backs to light so im going to have to sort that out..

few pictures as they are....tbh, you cant see the colour in this light..the pearl in the paint really comes out in the sun...fat lot of use in england seeing as we never get any!

Just need to order up some centre caps now

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
thats the only thing with midnight purple, looks black till the suns out...looks stunning when the sun hits it though :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
got the centre caps through today...went for carbon ones in the end as no other colors would have matched them. Ordered them from rare rims yesterday and they turned up today. super fast postage! just a shame 2 are damaged :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Took her to Japfest on saturday as some of you would have seen...

had a great day...left around 3 and on the way home the car decided to throw a wobbler and blow the seal on the N/S/R shock. Gave me bit of a shock as the back end started behaving oddly around 80mph.Got out and checked the wheels on the hard shoulder and they were fine, then when i drove round to kierens in the evening the car was uncontrollable under full throttle. When i checked there was oil all over the wheel arch, camber arms and dripping of the chassis. Not happy.

Originally figured i'd bin the suspension and buy new ones untill a bit of research showed there worth about £1500 and i realised id need a new alignment...it was set up about 3 weeks ago and cost the best part of £150. :annoyed:

anyway, shot them down to gaz after realising the companies Japanese and it would cost a fortune to send abroad but unfortuantly they cant do naff all with them as the seals etc are a different size and a completly different design to there own.

This left me in a bit of a pickle as the car needs to be in cambridge on saturday and is currently sitting with its arse end on a jack.

Just got off the phone to apex and now there's a set of gen 2's in the post. With the mapping bill looming i couldnt afford anything fancier right now so the plan is to wack the apex's on, strip the shaft out the g master and re-chrome it then my other half can order the seals in at work and get it fixed. Working for ford comes in handy now and again! Not sure whether il re-fit the G masters or just keep the apex's. Will decide one there fitted and run in i guess.

Might have a word with SVA and see if they will chip in towards them as the cars still under warrenty. not holding out much hope though!

Bah.

Reaction score
Country
If the cars still under warranty with SVA definately call Raef, I got mine from SVA and had to take it back 3 times in the end (brake pads making it shudder like a tractor - he replaced them), knocking from the engine bay (they fitted my Owen Dev manifold and it was hitting the ABS unit - Removed the ABS unit and modified the bracket for me - sorted) and then a coil went (took it back, they didn't have one in stock so he took one off another 15 on site - sorted), all for free under the warranty.

So definately call him, if my experience is any thing to go by he may well replace them, fingers crossed....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Car looked awesome lLoved the wheels and bonnet especially!
If it's under warranty defo have a word as they will probably help you out, could get parts sent over with other ahipments from japan maybe?!?shame its happened must have been an odd experience! My front shock fell off when garage d were testing it out as it had the wrong spacers on top mounts glad I wasn't driving it at the time lol
heard the Apex gen 2 are pretty decent on the road anyways good luck getting it all sorted!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Car looked awesome lLoved the wheels and bonnet especially!
Thanks :D bonnets grown on me! needs a respray though as its bubbled over the manifold....looks like the heat shield hasn't worked :(

Think il give SVA a ring in the morning and see what they say. As iv all ready bought some im hoping they will chip in a bit.

They turned up last night....hoping to fit them tonight and start running them in :D