Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked
    Shifty's Spec R s15
    @Peglio13
    mate thats way too much,i paid 150 to have my front bumper sprayed

Liked
    Shifty's Spec R s15
    @kwalker88
    Its a body shop i know and trust, it costs more as there a prestige place and its a 3 stage flip, tbh iv had cheaper jobs done before and not been totally happy. Id rather pay top notch and know the cars being done properly.

They did consider a buff but it won't make a difference as its hit the primer. The original idea was to just spray the area and blend it into the bumper but it wouldn't look right due to the 3 stage pearl. Think i'l get a normal colour next time lol!

Liked
    Shifty's Spec R s15
    @kwalker88
    few updates

got the car back from the bodyshop and she looks good as new. very pleased with the job. Few pictures after i cleaned her

starting to get a collection of parts waiting to be fitted as well,

so far have

r-spec oil pressure gauge
    r-spec oil temp gauge
    r-spec boost gauge
    sandwich plate

carbon sill covers

spl dynamics component speakers

fuches 5w30 oil
    oil filter
    fuel filter

currently waiting on a gizzmo to arrive as well.

also hoping to purchase a power fc and z32 maf, just waiting to hear back from the seller!

Liked
    where did you get carbon sills from mate. Nice car by the way looking good

Liked
    Glad your happy with the pearl, it's a b#stard to get right from what I hear. No garage where I live wanted to attempt it!

Liked
    Shifty's Spec R s15
    @kwalker88
    I got the sills from epracing, there doing them cheap on sxoc.com atm as they have surplus stock

The bodyshop basically said if i damage the actual bodywork it will be a full respray as they cannot blend the pannels....i need my bonnet painting as the paint bubbled from the exhust manifold heat so i'm going to have to get a quote for that...have a feeling it wont be cheap

Liked
    Looks like nice vert nice

You should be able blend pannels? well the bodyshop I use can, and he dose a very good job. I had my front end resprayed and blended after I'd take it to the Ring last summer. Shop around I would say.

On them carbon sills as well, I've thought about getting a pair.. have you fitted them yet, wasn't sure how they fixed to the sills? do they just clip over or do you have to screw them on?

Liked
    Shifty's Spec R s15
    @kwalker88
    you can blend a metallic paint but not a pearl apparently. :/

I was going to araldite the sills on, bought the stuff then sat down and thought about it and realised they wouldnt come off when i need to run the speaker cables down the car

In the end i velcro'd them on, they dont come with clips on the back and i didn't want screws visible in them and i thought they might blow the carbon.

Also fitted a red snap off boss today instead of the blue. Matches the wheel nuts have a blue one for sale if anyones interested?

Sill -

Boss -

Liked
    Awesome! Love the snap off boss kit

I would have taken the red one off you so it's sods law you swapped your blue for red arghh!!!

S14a Track Machine Progress Thread >> Click Here <<

Liked
    Shifty's Spec R s15
    @kwalker88
    haha sorry! there selling over on sxoc for 30 delivered atm...Someones clearing excess stock i believe so go get one quick