What's new

Shifty's Spec R s15

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Its a body shop i know and trust, it costs more as there a prestige place and its a 3 stage flip, tbh iv had cheaper jobs done before and not been totally happy. Id rather pay top notch and know the cars being done properly.

They did consider a buff but it won't make a difference as its hit the primer. The original idea was to just spray the area and blend it into the bumper but it wouldn't look right due to the 3 stage pearl. Think i'l get a normal colour next time lol!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
few updates

got the car back from the bodyshop and she looks good as new. very pleased with the job. Few pictures after i cleaned her

starting to get a collection of parts waiting to be fitted as well,

so far have

r-spec oil pressure gauge
r-spec oil temp gauge
r-spec boost gauge
sandwich plate

carbon sill covers

spl dynamics component speakers

fuches 5w30 oil
oil filter
fuel filter

currently waiting on a gizzmo to arrive as well.

also hoping to purchase a power fc and z32 maf, just waiting to hear back from the seller!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Glad your happy with the pearl, it's a b#stard to get right from what I hear. No garage where I live wanted to attempt it!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
I got the sills from epracing, there doing them cheap on sxoc.com atm as they have surplus stock :)

The bodyshop basically said if i damage the actual bodywork it will be a full respray as they cannot blend the pannels....i need my bonnet painting as the paint bubbled from the exhust manifold heat so i'm going to have to get a quote for that...have a feeling it wont be cheap :(

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Looks like nice vert nice :)

You should be able blend pannels? well the bodyshop I use can, and he dose a very good job. I had my front end resprayed and blended after I'd take it to the Ring last summer. Shop around I would say.

On them carbon sills as well, I've thought about getting a pair.. have you fitted them yet, wasn't sure how they fixed to the sills? do they just clip over or do you have to screw them on?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
you can blend a metallic paint but not a pearl apparently. :/

I was going to araldite the sills on, bought the stuff then sat down and thought about it and realised they wouldnt come off when i need to run the speaker cables down the car :annoyed:

In the end i velcro'd them on, they dont come with clips on the back and i didn't want screws visible in them and i thought they might blow the carbon.

Also fitted a red snap off boss today instead of the blue. Matches the wheel nuts :D have a blue one for sale if anyones interested?

Sill -

Boss -

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome! Love the snap off boss kit :thumbs:

I would have taken the red one off you so it's sods law you swapped your blue for red arghh!!! :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
haha sorry! there selling over on sxoc for £30 delivered atm...Someones clearing excess stock i believe so go get one quick :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
finally had some time to spend working on her this weekend after i had to turn down overtime for a bad back :annoyed:

spent saturday fitting a set of spl dynamics comp's in the doors....went well bar when we snapped the piece that goes around the door lever so if anyone has one lying around il take it... :D

pic of the door once complete. Didn't take any progressive ones...

so today we fitted the dials, changed the fuel filter and oil. few pics....

bumper off so we could get her in the air

vents out

mid way through the wiring

day time

night time

pretty chuffed with them tbh :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88

few new bits arrived today

finally recieved my gizzmo...just need a ecu now.

and got the parts i spent this weeks overtime on :D

much better....hoping to pick up some wheels this weekend to providing the lad gets back to me and there the correct offset.

Also arranged a japfest ticket with s15oc so should see some of you there :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
picked these up last night, 18x9.5 et30.

hoping they clear the coilovers...just need to get 2 new tyres and a refurb on them when i get some spare cash.

collected my power fc today as well. Just need to stick it on my 13 to check it works!

Reaction score
I do like those rear lights, I've got them on my car aswell. The wheels will fit fine, I'd have thought you may need to run a spacer up front though. What tyres are you going to use too? As that'll help them fit the car a little better.

Reaction score
Country
where did you get the rear lights from? i have those wheels on mine have a 20mm spacer on the front and its still fairly close to the coilover platform.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
I do like those rear lights, I've got them on my car aswell. The wheels will fit fine, I'd have thought you may need to run a spacer up front though. What tyres are you going to use too? As that'll help them fit the car a little better.

Had some issues with the wheels today, I'v got a 20mm spacer on the front to clear the coilovers but they stick to far out the arch :(

where did you get the rear lights from? i have those wheels on mine have a 20mm spacer on the front and its still fairly close to the coilover platform.
rear lights are from ep racing. Cost £160 del. i think. :)

trial fitted the wheels today....not as sucessful as i'd hoped. Turns out the car all ready had a 20mm hubcentric spacer on the front which was handy, however the wheels stick way to far out the arch on the front and make the back look stupid.

I'v ordered some 15mm spacers from driftworks for the back....should bring it all most level.

Plan is to work out what size tyres im going to need, stick the 15mm spacers on the back and dial in some camber both back and front. Think im going to need at least 2.5 deg both ends. Luckily the car came with camber arms on the back and camber adjustable suspension on the front.

Thinking 225/35/18 for the front and 225/40/18 for the back. Any opinions? feel free to tell me im completly wrong and need something else instead :D

de-spoilered her as well. Ordered one plug and got 10 so if anyone wants one, pm me and cover the postage and il send one out :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looks nice mate!
I run gtr's 8.5 f 9.5 r et30 with 255/35/18 on the rear with no spacers and 225 40 18 on the front obviously can't comment on the fronts for your but you can get 255-265 on the rears :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
went for 225 40s all round in the end purely due to the hike in price for the 35 profile over the 40...was a extra 50quid a tyre!

ordered up some dw spacers which set me back £105 and some fresh spiggot rings then headed down to skidmarques on saturday to have it set up.

Turned out the spacers wouldnt fit on the rear, i ordered 15mm ones and i appear to have extended studs all round so they wont fit...bit gutted but dont really think it needs it tbh.

3.5 deg camber on the front, 2 deg on the back.

Few pictures:

will be booking them in for a colour change next week :)