What's new

Ollie's S15 Spec R

Reaction score
Country
All looking good, pal :)

When I was looking through the pictures on the first page I noticed your oil filter sitting low, has it actually been re-located to that position? That seems like a really weird place to put the filter. The outer casing is really soft ali, so the smallest knock could rupture it, the car doesn't look particularly low so it may not be a problem.
I'll try and get a better picture of this later as i was worried and hence asked on here a while back and was told the lower the better, so that you can drain the cooler lines properly, aslong as it's above the chasis rail?

Looks nice ollie, tastefully done. Like the 33 gtr seats, we cant change our air bag equipped steering wheels in aus :(
Cheers for the comment. Been looking at getting rid of the seats although the bride low max's are so expensive! the steering wheel, is that due to laws i take it?

Looks good mate, i'm sure there was a few people that helped you out on this build ;)
Erm nope no one that springs to mind mate ;)

As above mate car is coming along nicely,but I agree with adam that filter seems very low maybe worth moving it if you intend to go lower at some point. Very nice though! Do like a blue spec r

I used jperformance once for a rad but it was such poor quality took over a month to sort out a refund and still now haven't received all my money but I gave up a long tme ago on that ,steer well clear!!!
Thanks for the comment pal, i wont be using them again thats for sure. Yours is looking good too, and i see you have big plans before japfest.

Yeah really good write up and car! I love your mates wheels on his 33!! How much was the hks earthing kit???
Thanks mate, yer they are nice wheels Ultralite Atec2's i think? and i'm sure i've seen the same set on a pewter s15 with a uras bodykit on here? i've always wanted to test fit them on mine, but dont think the 285's will fit under my stock arches haha. As for the earthing kit i paid around £60 from sumo power :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha cheers mate, big plans,neverending list! Will have to see what I can find the time to get done
At least you ended up with what you originally wanted end of the day that's all that matters,we live and learn!!
I originally wanted atec 2 on mine but couldn't get the right osize/offset for what I wanted

Reaction score
Country
Nice progress mate, nice upgrade from my civic :) just need an aero kit! Will have to have a meet sometime and get some pictures?
We definitely will mate, and yer it's getting there, I still can't decide between the aero kit or a vertex kit. What are people's thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
Vertex will be easier to get hold of, however I always look for the aero kit :) but it's down to what style you want to go for??? Drift or Stock (ish). Personally I prefer the stock look unless your building a track monster! Trouble with the aero kit Is its super expensive (£850 just for the bumper!) and there is no point getting a replica, be like buying a fake pair of bride seats! Fake stuff is fine for buying your misses :) but not your car! I think an aero kit would set you back around £1500-£2000 depending on if you could get hold of some side skirts??? Not sure on the pricing of the vertex but I imagine it would be quite a bit cheaper!

Reaction score
Country
Yer I can get hold of some skirts for £150 ish, front bumper I got quoted £697 unpainted from Nissan I believe, I've got it written down some where, but also the rear pods cost a fortune aswell! I'd love to get the vertex ridge but don't think I can afford to buy it fit it and spray it! Will be around 5k ish!

Reaction score
Country
That's the ridge which is the wide body. I think the Lang is around £1500, and copies are around £500.

Reaction score
Country
I think after a year that an update is long overdue! Although not great, an update will certainly be better than none as if any of you are like me you will be checking almost everyday whats new on here lol.

Some of this may not be in the right order due to me going off of pictures to try and remember back to the order it happened.

Firstly, was the carbon cooling panel i got from here. No picture of when i first fitted it, so just ran out to get one now. Hats of to craig on fitment, took a few minutes to fit and really neatens up the front end. Hiding that bonnet catch. Had to bend the support bar to allow it to sit properly while the bonnet was down.

Next was fitting the blitz boost controller along with the splitfires and walbro fuel pump. I really wanted the car mapping but no one in the uk seems to be able access the tomei ecu, so that will be something to change in the future, maybe for an aem system, unsure yet. Anyway i went with just having the car set up on the rollers, it made 331bhp at just below 1.4bar with a low setting of 278bhp. Which is much nicer to drive than the higher setting, the 2 way has gotta go!

At first i had the controller below the cd player in the central tray but due to not liking where the turbo timer was (that you can see in the older post) i decided to get a upper dash vent and move both to the right of the steering wheel, plan to get the dash flocked at some point so ignore the filler and dust!

Next was aero, decided on a vertex lang kit, can't find any picture before fitment other than this.

Went with a Instant Gentleman rear boot spoiler too, like this one..

Also decided it was time to change the volks, loved the wheels just wished they were 18's and had more aggressive offsets. I went with xxr 527's 9.75j+20 rears and 8.95j+20 fronts.

I went with a stretched tyre on the rears as i was expecting arch clearance issues. I went with 225's on the rear and with 215's on the front. Rears are toyo t1r's and federal fronts.

Reaction score
Country

Also some picture of the rear wheel fitment.

I have also moved my battery and fusebox to the boot, didn't fancy going the passenger airbag way like many others. It was quite a bit of work but easy when you have the time, a lot of soldering and unfortunately i don't have any pictures of the process, but i went around the turret of the bay so the only thing remaining in the drivers front arch is the bonnet release cable. Sorry for the iphone pictures, they're all i have, i went with a ventilated battery with the fusebox fixed behind it.

I then went about moving the oil filter relocation kit to where the fuse box used to be. Along with new oil lines. Hks! :cool: the next engine oil swap will be a little easier!

Also got an apexi filter and a tein strut brace.

Reaction score
Country
That's as far as i've got in terms of getting things done. I still have a few things to do, hopefully interior next then move on to the bay as it certainly needs a tidy up!

I got a new lens from jase for the drivers side light, due to mine having a really deep scratch on the outside, but haven't grown the balls to put the light in the oven yet lol.

I bought a fake bride but due to a crack in the rear on delivery i sold it on. :(

Which led to me buying Dc5 recaros, they're so comfy, but i haven't had any luck fitting them yet. I'm told that bride rails are they way to go but very expensive brand new, so leaning towards custom rails. I had a go fitting the standard rails but to make them fit they would of sat very high.

Also have a few more parts to fit.

Aswell as some new door cards, and a hks silent hi power to replace the mongoose.

Comments welcome!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Car has come a long way mate looks really good!
What front splitter do you have on the bumper, looks really nice!

Reaction score
Country
I fixed a slotted grid down with tek-screws and then used a tegiwa battery tie bar kit to hold it down to the grid, been looking into battery boxes but it seems plastic is the way to go due to oxidisation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Can't seem to find it, it was advertised as universal and the picture was of it on a z4. Will keep an eye out.