What's new

Open Event: S15OC Club Meet - Sunday 14th August

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Somewhere around Oxfordshire would be good again as if it's in Essex, people from north of the Midlads will have an expensive trek on their hands. I know it's easy saying that but not actually suggesting anywhere!

Dean - it's a £60 fine for no MOT, no points and it doesn't ping up on ANPR ;) FYI, of course.

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
mines been outta date since March, only bothered to get it done now cause of retaxing the car.

Oxfordshire would be nice, probably too late to arrange for another RR season tho i bet

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Mine ran out mid May and I didn't even know! :/

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If we want to do go-karting we need to decide fast to book it. What do you think Darren? I could search the local area for a decent pub too if required as I pass here on my way to work.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Craig, I risking no mot to get there Is one thing but risking driving it with no rear hubs fitted is something else lol :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Sounds good Craig, although I won't be karting myself because it's not cheap.

If you could find a pub with a nice big car park that would be good for after yeah.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It sure is. I went karting at - www.formulafast.co.uk today. Thought I'd test it out to make sure they are worthy, aswell as getting in some cheeky practice laps!!

The track is fairly good for an indoor circuit. I did a 45min session which was brilliant fun. How many people would be looking to do this? If there are a few of us we can do a GP event where you do 10 laps qualifying and then a 40 min GP..

Cost guide is as follows..

45 min 'Practice Session' - £42
40 min Grand Prix + 10 lap qualifying - £50

Could we get some thoughts on this please. If people deem it too expensive we need to know sooner rather than later. I would have to book it too so deposits would be needed. Minimum of 6 people.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hmm that's alittle high for karting no? My local is only 25 for a grand prix! might have to pass on that then Craig. Even still surely a pub meet is good to go or are we too late now? Plus not many people have responded recently! Dam slackers!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I won't have the cash for karting either,my car is going in for another diff on friday .car should be sorted though so would prob still be up for a pub meet if anyone else is going stil?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
There isn't one yet! I'm going for a look tomorrow so will report back tomorrow evening. I'll get PM's sent out to everyone who's registered interesrt so everyone knows whats happening.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Right then, here's the information for the one and only Official S15OC Summer Meet 2011!! :)

Pub Lunch

Ok, so the first meeting point will be at 12:00 - The Easington Pub, Banbury. The post code for the pub is OX16 9JU. I've not been here before but Ember Inns are usually quite good and the car park looks large/flat! Ideal for some photos too.

http://www.emberpubanddining.co.uk/theeasingtonbanbury/

Karting

This will be held at 14:40 - Formula Fast Indoor Karting, which is a few minutes drive from the pub. The postcode for the Karting is - OX16 3JU and decent sat-nav will take you to the door. I have been here before - it is very good for indoor karting and worth the money IMO.

I'm looking to do a Grand Prix so need a minimum of 6 people. The cost is £50 (a bit high, I know) but this includes a 10 lap qualifying session sollowed by a 40min race. The winner of this will recieve an amazing (yet to be decided) S15OC prize too!!

I'm guessing this will turn out to be fairly competitive, so it's odds on for an action packed race!!

http://www.formula-fast-indoor-karting.co.uk/index.html

If you want to come karting, send me a PM and I'll get your place booked. May require a £10 non-refundable deposit, but I'll let you know when booking if this is the case.

Sorry for the really short notice on this guys. It's probably going to be the only S15 meet of the year so well worth coming alont to meet and talk with like-minded people, even if your not in your S15.. The weathers supposed to be good too so theres no excuse! ;)

Thanks and see you all tomorrow!!

:)

Karting list..

1. craig8585