What's new

Meet: Crooked Chimney Pub near Welwyn Garden City

Reaction score
Country
Hiya guys,

I have posted on here a few times, i'm a massive fan of the S15 and jap cars in general having owned an FTO for some years and been a member and meet organiser on the FTOOC.

I have just become the manager at The Crooked Chimney Vintage Inn Pub and have seen a number of photos taken here at night time in the car park, and wanted to invite you guys to the pub to use on a regular basis for a monthly meet / tyre kicking session!!!

We currently have the Ferrari owners club meeting once a month on a Thursday night and we reserve off a section of the restaurant for them and the car park is plenty big enough.

If you guys wanted to organise something similar i would love to see you guys there, we do a buffet at £9.50 a person or, like the ferrari lot you can buy at the bar as you come and go and eat and drink as you please, given enough notice i can organise a section of the restaurant where you can easily come and go from the car park and chat away without being interrupted.

Anyways, if you fancy it my name is Mark and i am the manager, the pub number is 01707 397021.

hope to see you guys soon.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi Mark,

Late reply because I've not logged onto here for a few days lol :wack:

This thread you posted is great new for myself and others I know because I run Club JDM and we are always looking for a decent place to hold our meets... also somewhere that's relatively close for all members etc :)

We are not the usual forum based club that has set meetings on this day of every month etc... rather the whole idea has come together from a small group of close friends and we are only active on Facebook with a group page/site and organise things from there (and my mobile phone haha) :D

Over the past couple of years we have been meeting around once a month (almost always on a Tuesday night) and stay in the Telford/Cannock/Wolverhampton area as most of the regulars are based in this area. But it will be nice to find somewhere new that also allows the guys from Coventry and East Mids area to come along to and is closer for them - bonus!! :thumbs:

I will take note of your number and call you soon to arrange something - reckon we can get decent turnout, a variety of Jap/JDM cars including S15's and most of us like food haha :D :D

Chat soon,

James

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the map post Craig ;)

Hi James, thanks for the message, Tuesday nights are a good night, usually quiet. We even have a pub quiz on a Monday night!!

Be great to have a car park full of quality looking jap motors, I'm even off on a Monday and Tuesday so can have a drool over the cars!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers Craig :thumbs:

Awesome Mark - had a busy week so not called but looking to book this soon as I keep getting asked by our guys based other side of Brum and further south when we having meet so your location is truly ideal!! :)

Edit: just checked map and didn't think it was so far away lol... not sure if we can fit this into a weekday evening meet since it's going to take me and our guys this end just under 2 hours to get there! :wack:

What about if we were to organise this in May/June as a big meet but say throw on a BBQ when the weather is better? (famous last words haha) :D

This would be say Sat/Sun and would estimate around 30 to 40 cars be turning up...

James

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I am gonna be popping down here on sunday with my 15 and a couple of mates(dc5 and fn2) hope to meet ya,look like a nice venue!