What's new

Open Event: DWYB 2nd December

Reaction score
Good prices! Due to my job ive managed to pick up a few old tyres for free. As ive not done this before, roughly how long will a tyre with around 3mm last if skidding?

Is it worth skidding on something with 1 or 2mm.. or will it last around 5mins?
Completely depends on

1. how much manfoot your gonna have
2. weather

novice (not really getting out of second gear)

if it's wet tyres are going to last for ages myt not even go through a pair (if they are 1 or 2mm then i would say 4 tyres)

if it's dry

4 - 6 tyres (with 3mm tread)

if you can transition and use 3rd gear then chances are your going to have a bit of man foot so your going to be looking at -

wet

4 - 6 (3mm tyres)

dry

10 - 20 tyres

purely a rough guide mate as so many factors to consider

1. are you using the wand and are going to have patches of delamination
2. When you spin out (and you will) do you just keep your foot on the gas and burnout to start you off again (don't do this, just a waste of tyres)
3. understeer will wear the front tyres
4. weather
5. manfoot
6. surface type

Last edited:

sx-si

Reaction score
i got 7 laps out of a brand new set of eagle f1's before in the dry that was doing high second and 3rd gear
personally anything less than 3mm isnt worth putting on wheels

i tend to run brand new tyres and would usually do between 4-8 tyres a day

allouth ive donw 24tyres in a weekend before doing demo's
but they was al;l part worn with 3mm on

Reaction score
i got 7 laps out of a brand new set of eagle f1's before in the dry that was doing high second and 3rd gear
personally anything less than 3mm isnt worth putting on wheels

i tend to run brand new tyres and would usually do between 4-8 tyres a day

allouth ive donw 24tyres in a weekend before doing demo's
but they was al;l part worn with 3mm on
Cheers for that mate

so rule of thumb bring as many tyres as you can get in your car, if you run out they have some you can buy :) (well if you let them know what sizes your running they can bring some along)

personally i'm only going to be bringing 4 rims with rubber on and i've asked them for 4 practice tyres (3mm ones) and i've asked for 4 part worns (10mm ones, ready for the next drifty day :))

Last edited:

sx-si

Reaction score
general rule is fill car up with tyres then squash stuff and gf in between tyres or on top

my s14a stripped would take 8 wheels/ tyres with tent and gf and all the stuff

my s15 humm it l;ooks like im going to struggle with 4 wheels and tyres

Reaction score
I've booked some tyres :)

How come you can fit so much less in the 15 sx-si??
awesome :)

general rule is fill car up with tyres then squash stuff and gf in between tyres or on top

my s14a stripped would take 8 wheels/ tyres with tent and gf and all the stuff

my s15 humm it l;ooks like im going to struggle with 4 wheels and tyres
Na i was drifting on my 18x10jj at brawdy and i got 5 18"tyres on the backseats (with back seats removed) and 3 tyres in the boot (with spare wheel removed) also had my mate in the passenger seat :)

you can defo squeeze 8 in ;)

oh spare wheel was on the back setas too!!

Last edited:

sx-si

Reaction score
because im not removing the interior :p
i recon i can get 1 in the boot 4 in the back seats and one on the passsangers lap

Reaction score
because im not removing the interior :p
i recon i can get 1 in the boot 4 in the back seats and one on the passsangers lap
You might as well dude, only 6 bolts and plus it won't get dirty :) i'm sure the passenger would be very apprecieative lol

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
I will be taking my interior out for this think it will amke things easier, Aslo i hope its wet :D much more fun plus i cant see me going out of 2nd gear since this is my 1st drift day in over a year and the 15 drifts differently than my last 14 as we found out last friday richy lol

Reaction score
I will be taking my interior out for this think it will amke things easier, Aslo i hope its wet :D much more fun plus i cant see me going out of 2nd gear since this is my 1st drift day in over a year and the 15 drifts differently than my last 14 as we found out last friday richy lol
Na i rekon you'll get out of 2nd by the end of the day :) It's just those bloody vredestein rear tyres you've got on, even with that cusco 2 way of yours couldn't believe how much she grips in the WET!! she needed a lot of manfoot to keep her out :cool:

once you change them tyres it'll be good mate

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Thats why i got them for the road :D well worth the buy!!!

Yea since i think ill put on my 17's volks or maybe the black 18's from the s14a dnot sure yet.

Reaction score
Thats why i got them for the road :D well worth the buy!!!

Yea since i think ill put on my 17's volks or maybe the black 18's from the s14a dnot sure yet.
I didn;t tell you did i, i bought another set of rims lol for skidding on. Rota GTR's 18x9.5jj :)

Since i drove your car i want to get a set of vredestein tyres too. Been reseaching prices and i can get the exact same tires and tread pattern as yours the sessanta xl vredesteins for

245/40/r18 £123 each
235/40/r18 £96 each
255/35/r18 £125 each
265/35/r18 £130 each

tooley

Reaction score
Country
You did NOT BUY ROTA GTR'S!!! IF YOU DID IM HAVING THEM OFF YOU!!! NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!

you better answer your phone once i finish work!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
im not going if its wet its slow and ****ing boring i like speed
woot, na it's not boring in the wet, it's way more fun just no smoke. You can go just as fast :) just use less tyres

You did NOT BUY ROTA GTR'S!!! IF YOU DID IM HAVING THEM OFF YOU!!! NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!

you better answer your phone once i finish work!!!!
I don't know if i can answer my phone dude, depends what time finish? working from 8.30 - 4.30 and then teaching form 5 - 10 :wack: (long old day) Also i plan on keeping them and getting them sprayed bronze to match my emotions as they are currently green :p

Thats a fair comment :D (ill just have to get more practise in :))
thats what this day is all about. I wouldn't mind doing this every month. last 2 months now i have done something. I need more seat time close to home, need another llandow practice day (7th's gonna be too busy with licencing and stuff)

sx-si

Reaction score
how is it?
its like taking a corner in the wet you have to do it slower due to less grip
pods not so bad in the wet due to the rough/ grippy surface but its still much slower

you notice it more on smooth tracks like silversone and lydd where you either aqua plain or its very greesy

Reaction score
how is it?
its like taking a corner in the wet you have to do it slower due to less grip
pods not so bad in the wet due to the rough/ grippy surface but its still much slower

you notice it more on smooth tracks like silversone and lydd where you either aqua plain or its very greesy
I see what you mean, im just going by brawdy where there was tones of space to 4th gear manji up the straight. So yea i see how you would have to take it slower :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Any more for any more??

Can't wait for this... done my track day (which was wet and one wasn't allowed to drift otherwise you get black flagged) so this will be letting my hair down day lol!!! :D