What's new

Open Event: DWYB 2nd December

Reaction score
Can I bring my 15 up and watch?will I have to pay?Cheers
yea of course you can, like tooley said santa pod charge a tenner to spectate :thumbs:

for an extra 40 odd quid though u can do the day?? all you need is some stock s15/s14 rims to drift on with rubber that's it :)

Not sure if im going to drift yet dude!!, will let you know.

Think it will be around 10 quid on the door to spectate!
What? really? you'll come but won't drift? are you mad?

that cusco 2 way is dying to be abused mate! Also once you get there and you start watching you will want to be drifting :)

come on i owe you the cash anyway :)

Reaction score
Country
Just got an ok from work for the day off so see u all there! Do we need a helmet? Is it ok putting 15" wheels on the rear? My s15 is completely stock. Cheers

Reaction score
Just got an ok from work for the day off so see u all there! Do we need a helmet? Is it ok putting 15" wheels on the rear? My s15 is completely stock. Cheers
Yep putting 15" rims on the back is fine, Ill be taking some 16" s14a stock rims and maybe my s15 auto 15" rims :)

also you have a pm

Reaction score
Yes take a helmet with you. It's not needed for the kidney and the donut area etc but if you want to go on the main track (which you will) you will need the helmet. Also make sure you wear a top with long sleeves and suitable driving shoes/trainers. Bring some cableties and some baby wipes

Reaction score
Country
Haha sweet! Gona try and borrow a lid off a mate then as I dont own one. Got 6 good tyres so far which should hopefully last the day (15s & 16s)? Thinking of removing the front bumper as its the aero model and id be gutted if i marked it... or worse.

Reaction score
yep defo remove the front bumper, 15" and 16" is ideal mate 6 should see you through the day. If it's raining you'll be hard pressed to go through a pair of tyres if there's a bit left on them.

if it's dry 6 should be plenty. Didn;t even go through a pair at llandow and it was dry :)

Reaction score
Country
Coool :) cant wait for this! will be my first go at skidding outside of a carpark at night lol!

Edit: money heading your way now mate!

Reaction score
A little message from me as i've been several times now, when your there take it easy especially if you haven't drifted before. I wouldn't bother saying this to anyone else, but i know how much time, money and effort you guys have put into your cars and sometimes drifting can end up with little accidents if you get it just slightly wrong. Few months back now, a guy bent a nearly new 350Z straight into the concrete barrier.

Chances are you'll see alot of 200sx s13's, 14's, beemers and cheap old crap there, there is a reason for this! I haven't yet seen an S15 apart from Phil Morrisons DW S15.

Hope it doesn't sound like i'm sticking my nose in, i know its pretty obvious but i don't wana see any of you crash your cars :(

If anyone wants to know anything give me a shout, not a problem.

Also, if anyone would like an apprentice for the day to help change wheels or whatever who is around the Essex area or coming past to get to pod give me a shout, i haven't been for a while and i wouldn't mind seeing all the 15's there, i'll also be happy to give you a bit of petrol money for the day.

Hope you all enjoy your skiddy funs - look forward to seeing the pics, if you check dw theres loads of peeps who post their pic albums up for the day

Cheers
Mark

Reaction score
Coool :) cant wait for this! will be my first go at skidding outside of a carpark at night lol!

received dude, updated first post :)

Edit: money heading your way now mate!
A little message from me as i've been several times now, when your there take it easy especially if you haven't drifted before. I wouldn't bother saying this to anyone else, but i know how much time, money and effort you guys have put into your cars and sometimes drifting can end up with little accidents if you get it just slightly wrong. Few months back now, a guy bent a nearly new 350Z straight into the concrete barrier.

Chances are you'll see alot of 200sx s13's, 14's, beemers and cheap old crap there, there is a reason for this! I haven't yet seen an S15 apart from Phil Morrisons DW S15.

Hope it doesn't sound like i'm sticking my nose in, i know its pretty obvious but i don't wana see any of you crash your cars :(

If anyone wants to know anything give me a shout, not a problem.

Also, if anyone would like an apprentice for the day to help change wheels or whatever who is around the Essex area or coming past to get to pod give me a shout, i haven't been for a while and i wouldn't mind seeing all the 15's there, i'll also be happy to give you a bit of petrol money for the day.

Hope you all enjoy your skiddy funs - look forward to seeing the pics, if you check dw theres loads of peeps who post their pic albums up for the day

Cheers
Mark
your right dude, you don't see many s15's. Your only realy gna smash into the barrier if your pushing your car mate 3rd gear isn't it i believe? who ever hasn't skidded before its very doubtfull you will even be skidding in 3rd gear.

if your out and about thought would great to see another person from s15oc :)

Reaction score
your right dude, you don't see many s15's. Your only realy gna smash into the barrier if your pushing your car mate 3rd gear isn't it i believe? who ever hasn't skidded before its very doubtfull you will even be skidding in 3rd gear.

if your out and about thought would great to see another person from s15oc :)
Yeah, it used to be a 2nd gear for most cars, but now they've changed the track, and as far as i'm aware, its pretty much a 3rd gear now.

Even if your in the playpens doing donuts / figure-of-8's be careful of the metal railings, i've seen a few cars with nice scrapes down the side.

Reaction score
Yeah, it used to be a 2nd gear for most cars, but now they've changed the track, and as far as i'm aware, its pretty much a 3rd gear now.

Even if your in the playpens doing donuts / figure-of-8's be careful of the metal railings, i've seen a few cars with nice scrapes down the side.
If any of you are worried have a look at the youtube vids, you can see the play pens and the track. :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Richy - sent you PM to confirm but my cheque is on it's way over to ya!! :)

Can't wait for this... track day @ Oulton in November and then DWYB in December... Christmas will come early for me hehe :D

Reaction score
Richy - sent you PM to confirm but my cheque is on it's way over to ya!! :)

Can't wait for this... track day @ Oulton in November and then DWYB in December... Christmas will come early for me hehe :D
Lol cool dude, updated first post :)

can't wait for this also

Reaction score
Payments updated. Just to let you all know the first 9 cars will be getting the discount unless we get a lot more and then i can bargain for more discount, as it stands it looks like we are going to get 9 cars for definate :)

Reaction score
Right who is struggling for tyres?

how does £2.50 per skid tyre sound? if that sounds good to you then drop MINT TYRES a pm

Practise Rubber is 3mm across ¾ of the face of the tyre.

They also sell 5mm + part worns @ £10 per tyre. (you can either get them delivered to you for a small fee or you can have them at pod for free)

here is the company on driftworks
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/other-news-events/98539-mint-tyre-solutions.html

i have ordered up some tyres with them :)

just to clarify here are the prices:

£2.50 per practice tyre (minimum of 3mm across ¾ of the face of the tyre)
£10.00 part worn tyre (5mm+)
£5 per rim change
£2 per disposal

sounds like a bargain to me!

They also rent out wheels with tyres on ready to burn :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Good prices! Due to my job ive managed to pick up a few old tyres for free. As ive not done this before, roughly how long will a tyre with around 3mm last if skidding?

Is it worth skidding on something with 1 or 2mm.. or will it last around 5mins?