Instagram
@Peglio13
It's not good at all

I'm a bit in shock that It's come to this
The old paint was amazing as well
On the bright side a full respray for under 1k as its there fault is good
I think really not sure

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
That's a joke . I work in a body shop my boss would castrate me if it came to that ! Should only need a light blend on wings and quarters and maybe bonnet ? More likely they had trouble matching the colour correctly (assuming it's pearl) damn good deal for a full respray buddy most would be charging 2k minimum for outside of the car . Reaction etc doesn't sound good either just hope they do a proper job of sorting it and not a quick lash up/ make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb buddy . Hope it comes back better than ever

Reaction score
Country
That's a joke . I work in a body shop my boss would castrate me if it came to that ! Should only need a light blend on wings and quarters and maybe bonnet ? More likely they had trouble matching the colour correctly (assuming it's pearl) damn good deal for a full respray buddy most would be charging 2k minimum for outside of the car . Reaction etc doesn't sound good either just hope they do a proper job of sorting it and not a quick lash up/ make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb buddy . Hope it comes back better than ever
It is man
I really do hope they do a good job
I'm no push over so I won't accept anything but the best
On a car that I'm nearly 20k in on I didn't expect this to happen well not for a couple of years anyway
I'm taking a mate with me who used to be a sprayer
If it's bad then I'll get them to do it again

Can I ask pegliobaglio
What could possible to wrong that would cause a reaction ?
The factory paint was in awesome condtion even the Bonnet only had a few stone chips

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
It is man
I really do hope they do a good job
I'm no push over so I won't accept anything but the best
On a car that I'm nearly 20k in on I didn't expect this to happen well not for a couple of years anyway
I'm taking a mate with me who used to be a sprayer
If it's bad then I'll get them to do it again

Can I ask pegliobaglio
What could possible to wrong that would cause a reaction ?
The factory paint was in awesome condtion even the Bonnet only had a few stone chips

Yeah Defo don't accept it unless you're 100% happy with it
Tbh only thing that can cause a reaction is bad prep , not degreasing properly/ having contaminates on the surface or using too much product/not leaving enough time between coats for flash off can cause solvent to get trapped and when you heat the panel it can't pop
Just seems really odd to me to paint the whole car for that though . Normally would just flat it back deal with the issues and keep the repair local. Seems excessive which is what makes me think it's more an issue matching the colour .

Reaction score
Country
Yeah Defo don't accept it unless you're 100% happy with it
Tbh only thing that can cause a reaction is bad prep , not degreasing properly/ having contaminates on the surface or using too much product/not leaving enough time between coats for flash off can cause solvent to get trapped and when you heat the panel it can't pop
Just seems really odd to me to paint the whole car for that though . Normally would just flat it back deal with the issues and keep the repair local. Seems excessive which is what makes me think it's more an issue matching the colour .
He said something about someone must of used water based paint on it and it reacted but I think they used water based paint and f#%ked it up

I'm not happy that I haven't got my car for tomorrow and not happy with the fact they didn't tell what happened

I go to America for 5 weeks in 7 days and all I want to do is drive the bloody thing
Haven't been able to drive it in the dry since it was mapped 😠😠

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
He said something about someone must of used water based paint on it and it reacted but I think they used water based paint and f#%ked it up

I'm not happy that I haven't got my car for tomorrow and not happy with the fact they didn't tell what happened

I go to America for 5 weeks in 7 days and all I want to do is drive the bloody thing
Haven't been able to drive it in the dry since it was mapped

Yeah water based doesn't react which is why most swapped over from solvent .
I would be screwing too man ,not good customer service at all.
Hopefully you do get yo have some fun I'm it beforehand
Proper rubbish situation !

Reaction score
Country
Yeah water based doesn't react which is why most swapped over from solvent .
I would be screwing too man ,not good customer service at all.
Hopefully you do get yo have some fun I'm it beforehand
Proper rubbish situation !
Well if they do a really bad job it will be a case of taking it to trading standards

And then bringing it to someone like you who knows what there doing

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well if they do a really bad job it will be a case of taking it to trading standards

And then bringing it to someone like you who knows what there doing

I'm sure it will turn out fine mate ,just sounds like they are making a lot of work for themselves !
More than happy to help if you need anything anyway buddy

Reaction score
Country
I'm sure it will turn out fine mate ,just sounds like they are making a lot of work for themselves !
More than happy to help if you need anything anyway buddy
Cheers I hope so to just a bit nerve racking when your not paying for it they have no incentive to do a really good job

Thanks I may be in touch 👍

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers I hope so to just a bit nerve racking when your not paying for it they have no incentive to do a really good job

Thanks I may be in touch

Yeah I understand your concern dude . Just have to hope they want to do a really good job of it and that's why they weren't happy with the initial work

Reaction score
Country
Only 3 out of the 13 or so on the lists on the club stand in the end. I hope those that didn't make it to represent the club are all good and they didn't have any major dramas that stopped them getting there, like the Supra owner in the ditch only a couple of miles short of the circuit.

Reaction score
Country
Only 3 out of the 13 or so on the lists on the club stand in the end. I hope those that didn't make it to represent the club are all good and they didn't have any major dramas that stopped them getting there, like the Supra owner in the ditch only a couple of miles short of the circuit.
Technically I was there but only for a couple of minutes and without a car If that counts....haha
Still so angry really feel like I missed out and nothing I could do 😠

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Felt so bad for you bigk20...lol just realised why I thought you were an older chap, someone from another forum used a similar user name and he was an old chap called kev lol (my mind has a unique way of working lmao!)

I hope no dramas too for anyone, felt awful for that Supra Chap :-o

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I popped round to the stand a few times but everyone must have been doing rounds. Cars looked great btw. Pity wasnt more. I saw a few 15's scattered about the show though. Lil the alloys looked sweet btw.

Mine is still receiving some tlc at the moment and was not quite ready unfortunately, but will be soon. Will look to catch some other meet ups / shows perhaps.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Lil the alloys looked sweet btw.
Awww thank you :D I am over the moon with them despite the drama getting them sorted haha! :p
Hope yours is sorted soon :)

Our stand was pretty small but very colourful :D As CS10810 says, there were plenty about the show scattered here and there! Here are some of them...

First off, our stand...

Mark and I were beginning to think it was just gonna be us pair but fortunately the pewter one turned up to join us, 3 lovely Aeros, and they all got plenty of attention too which was nice (I thought Marks would steal the show and made sure he got plenty of grief for it throughout the day :p)

This one was on the Show n Shine

V8 :-o

Status
Not open for further replies.